Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchard park

Quote from: bigtogs on August 20, 2018, 05:30:09 PM
I would rather as a County we could have brokered a deal years ago that the County Board would have accommodated RTE by sending some representation to speak on match days and receive Man of the Match awards..... i just think it does not look right....Our County is bigger than one person...... only my opinion....

a mature view

APM

Quote from: Orchard park on August 20, 2018, 05:37:36 PM
I would rather as a County we could have brokered a deal years ago that the County Board would have accommodated RTE by sending some representation to speak on match days and receive Man of the Match awards..... i just think it does not look right....Our County is bigger than one person...... only my opinion....

a mature view

Indeed

southtyronegael

i think roisin jordan the chairperson attempted this and look what happened her. was there not an agreement in place and when she went to the changing rooms after a game to get someone to do interviews harte fucked her off in front of the whole place. the tyrone county board will do whatever harte tells them to do and thats just the way it is unfortuneatly.

trueblue1234

Quote from: APM on August 20, 2018, 05:35:52 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 20, 2018, 05:12:36 PM
Quote from: APM on August 20, 2018, 05:06:04 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 20, 2018, 11:56:21 AM
Quote from: APM on August 20, 2018, 11:36:54 AM
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mickey-harte-brian-carthy-and-that-fourpage-letter-to-rte-26741449.html
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/tyrone-manager-harte-taking-carthy-fight-to-rte-28625242.html

This is where all this started and it has to have been the silliest grounds for protest that I've ever heard.  Who the hell did he think he was and what on earth compelled the other managers to get involved in something so daft (those of whom consented to having their name added to the list)? I didn't realise it, but he actually went onto the radio to talk about this.  Weird stuff! 

As an aside, Brian Carthy has to be one of the most annoying commentators on the radio.  Him of the double narration!
And Cork have a sideline ball, a sideline ball to Cork.

John Murray then took the piss about Harte's perceived interference in what was a personnel matter at RTE and Harte took offence at the insensitivity of it - see below. According to this, those in RTE that had caused offence apologised and the piece was removed from the RTE archive and social media. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/rt%C3%A9-accused-of-insulting-michaela-harte-s-memory-1.590684

You would think after this, everyone could say, that entire issue was embarassing from start to finish, lets forget it ever happened - lesson learned - move on. 

The irony of this is that Brian Carthy is working away with RTE (annoying us with his really whiny commentary) and Tyrone haven't engaged with them in 7 years. 

Mad stuff. 

It started with the letter about Carthy which I agree was weird and stupid. But that's not the reasons behind the current blackout. MH hand Tyrone have been clear about that.

Due to the portrayal of the said letter, at least one other broadcaster within the organisation acted in a most insensitive manner in the choice of their programme dialogue in a morning radio show soon after. Inappropriate references to the fact that the Tyrone manager Mickey Harte was associated with the Dali Lama conference in Limerick and the choice of the song "Pretty Little Girl from Omagh" will give you an indication of the complete lack of sensitivity the presenter in question afforded the Harte family and Michaela's husband John McAreavey, in what remains for them a very difficult time.

So I fully support MH's decision to deal with RTE as he see's fit.

In fairness, it was reported that the people involved apologised and RTE took action by removing the offending content from their website. 

You say its his decision to deal with RTE as he sees fit.  Should the County Board not have a say, and also the players?

They didn't take any action against their employee. So that says plenty about the conviction behind their apology.

The county board and players have a say. I don't know why you think otherwise?

Firstly, I don't like John Murray.  Bit of a prat on that show and the skit in particular wasn't funny - just a bit crap, which was typical of a lot of his stuff - smart-alecy.   

Now I don't suppose all of the Mickey fans will agree; but I have listened to it on YouTube and I can certainly see how it was certainly clumsy and insensitive in the regard that Murray probably didn't give a second to think about this in the context of his bereavement.   But was it so offensive that it merits a seven year stand-off between RTE and Tyrone GAA - I think not - particularly in the context of the apology and removal of the material. 

But then offence is in the eye of the beholder and it's at this point you need an objective voice like the County Board to step in and sort it out.  It's hard to believe they didn't and its also possible to believe that they did try to sort it out and weren't strong enough. 

Many of the same people that are defending Harte on this, are doing it out of sheer blind loyalty to Tyrone.  If this was to have happened instead to Pete McGrath, Joe Kernan or Jimmy McGuinness I'd love to know their views.   Of course, you'll all say now that you would be completely consistent. 

PS - What action did you want from RTE?  Did you think Murray should be fired? Do you want to dictate RTE HR policy also? :)
Firstly it was more than clumsy. I can't belive anyone, especially someone in media, not realising that the song choice given the circumstances was insensitive. This was six months after Michaela's murder. It should even take 2 seconds to realise that.
Also the county board weren't beheld to MH, but they agreed with the reasons behind it and supported him.
And finally, I don't think it's a case of wanting any action from RTE. They fecked up, did little to make amends. How they handled the situation was within their control and they did what they did. But MH is under no obligation to bow to their needs. As I said before, if an organisation had purposely tried to take the piss out of me and then over stepped the mark. I wouldn't be rushing to help them out anytime soon.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Localexpert

For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins
Matthew 6:14-15

I thought a good God fearing man like micky harte would be more than happy to forgive and move on like he's told to by his friend in the sky  ::)

bigtogs

Quote from: Localexpert on August 20, 2018, 06:29:48 PM
For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins

I thought a good God fearing man like micky harte would be more than happy to forgive and move on like he's told to by his friend in the sky  ::)

Forgiving and Mickey rarely if ever used in the same sentence for some reason!!

Jayop

RTE ave been going out of their way to dog abuse into Tyrone for years. It was bad before this episode, but if any apology was genuine you wouldn't see the continued personalized nature of the attacks on our players ever since. It was bad enough before with "puke football" and "Dooher will never win an all-ireland or I'll eat my hat" type shit.

Since then we've had continued attacks of a personal nature that you just don't get with any other team or set of players from RTE. I've seen many a tackle akin to what Cavanagh did to McManus but never once did any others get the litany of personal abuse he was subjected to. I've seen many a player dive, but I've never once seen O'Rourke attack in such a personal nature as I did with mcCann.

Honestly f**k RTE, I've no respect for them and no respect for any of their pundits who engage in that type of behavior. Spillane, ORourke, Brolly were the worst offenders and Lyster sits and lets them at it. Tyrone are still being puncished by them so any half hearted aplology at the time was clearly just lip service.

DEL

There are some sad men on this forum.
We get it you hate Harte and everything he does.
Few ideas to help you:
1. Get over your own petty spiteful vindictive shite
2. Look in a mirror and grow up
3. Seek professional help
4. Remember- No one cares what u think
5. Stop posting it won't help you
6. Do something useful for your club (Tell them who u are first)
7. Look at your own managerial CV and ask what in what universe are you qualified to comment.
8. Go back to 1. and repeat

To everyone else who actually supports Tyrone enjoy the build up and the big day itself.

delgany

TÍR EOGHAIN: THE UNBREAKABLE BOND - Our new

@NIScreen

supported film about a unique generation of

@TyroneGAALive

footballers who transformed the game premieres this Sunday (26th August) on

@TG4TV

@ 20.30 #theunbreakablebond #ClubTyrone #AllIrelandFinal #GAA

@SportTG4

#tyrone

lenny

Quote from: Jayop on August 20, 2018, 06:57:38 PM
RTE ave been going out of their way to dog abuse into Tyrone for years. It was bad before this episode, but if any apology was genuine you wouldn't see the continued personalized nature of the attacks on our players ever since. It was bad enough before with "puke football" and "Dooher will never win an all-ireland or I'll eat my hat" type shit.

Since then we've had continued attacks of a personal nature that you just don't get with any other team or set of players from RTE. I've seen many a tackle akin to what Cavanagh did to McManus but never once did any others get the litany of personal abuse he was subjected to. I've seen many a player dive, but I've never once seen O'Rourke attack in such a personal nature as I did with mcCann.

Honestly f**k RTE, I've no respect for them and no respect for any of their pundits who engage in that type of behavior. Spillane, ORourke, Brolly were the worst offenders and Lyster sits and lets them at it. Tyrone are still being puncished by them so any half hearted aplology at the time was clearly just lip service.

Cavanagh seems to have quickly forgiven rte for this litany of personal abuse. I think you are mistaking individuals who work for rte and the company rte. Harte seems to be doing the same. An individual who works for rte made an insensitive mistake and harte can't bring himself to forgive the company who he already had a major grievance against for not promoting his mate.

Snapchap

Quote from: Thebigdog on August 20, 2018, 10:52:27 AM
Why do you think their are problems in attack? Mickey s poor tactics. The RTE boycott has been going on now since 2011 for no apparent reason other than Mickey didn't like getting ridiculed because his bestie didn't get a big job on the TV station. Looks like Harte comes first in Tyrone and f**k the players and their moment in the sun.

Spreading the message across facebook too, are we?

southtyronegael

irish news should be interesting 2moro. mickey harte takes aim at a 'cheap shot' or two from certain former players. dont you just love the build up to an all ireland final.

bigtogs

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 20, 2018, 05:44:42 PM
i think roisin jordan the chairperson attempted this and look what happened her. was there not an agreement in place and when she went to the changing rooms after a game to get someone to do interviews harte fucked her off in front of the whole place. the tyrone county board will do whatever harte tells them to do and thats just the way it is unfortuneatly.

I doubt that happened to be honest...

OffTheDeck

Quote from: Localexpert on August 20, 2018, 06:29:48 PM

Amen.

RedHand88

Quote from: Thebigdog on August 20, 2018, 10:52:27 AM
Quote from: trileacman on August 20, 2018, 04:23:02 AM
Quote from: Thebigdog on August 19, 2018, 10:30:39 PM
A little bit of reality needed. Tyrone have beaten Monaghan again in Croke park just like 2013 and 2015 only this time in a Semi final. We all know what happened after. The personnel hasn't changed much especially in attack. That's where the problems mainly lay. It's gonna be a tough ask in two weeks.

I agree with you there. Hartes done a great job considering the players at his disposal.
Why do you think their are problems in attack? Mickey s poor tactics. The RTE boycott has been going on now since 2011 for no apparent reason other than Mickey didn't like getting ridiculed because his bestie didn't get a big job on the TV station. Looks like Harte comes first in Tyrone and f**k the players and their moment in the sun.

Stop. Just stop right there.