Club Hurling 2023

Started by Saffrongael, October 01, 2023, 05:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaffronSports

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2023, 05:04:51 PMGoing to go for Na Fianna but it's going to be a tight enough final

Do you think Slaughtneil or Cushendall can trouble either of them? I'd say based on today the Ulster champs will have a decent chance.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SaffronSports on November 25, 2023, 05:13:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2023, 05:04:51 PMGoing to go for Na Fianna but it's going to be a tight enough final

Do you think Slaughtneil or Cushendall can trouble either of them? I'd say based on today the Ulster champs will have a decent chance.

If playing the winners of that game then yes, a pathway to Croke is definitely better than meeting Ballygunner beforehand..

Would love to see Cushendall win next weekend but it's going to be very tough, hoping S'neil have a poor game, but they are decent
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2023, 06:07:25 PM

If playing the winners of that game then yes, a pathway to Croke is definitely better than meeting Ballygunner beforehand..

Would love to see Cushendall win next weekend but it's going to be very tough, hoping S'neil have a poor game, but they are decent

Can McManus pull the Dall out of the fire again this Sunday??

I think Slaughtneil will have too much for them TBH, but I'm basing that on last years final, they could be off the boil a bit but are well organised and won't give McManus the same easy ride he got two weeks ago.
I'm expecting it to be feisty enough, with Slaughtneil craft being enough to pull away.

imtommygunn

Slaughtneil were poor in last year's final and still nearly beat Dunloy. I hope cushendall win but have a feeling slaughtneil will be too strong. McManus very powerful and hard to mark but slaughtneil have probably better men for the job than anyone. Who picks him and rodgers up will be interesting.

seafoid

McManus is a legend who transcends his county. I would love to see him win the club all Ireland
He reminds me of this Antrim hurling fan whose Dad "explained that Fionn has been "engrossed" by the game of hurling since before he could walk.
"He's only a two-year-old, but he just loves being involved with the game," he said. "Even in and around the house, he's hurling mad and football mad. He's had a hurl in his hand from the time he was struggling to walk"

Oso

Quote from: johnnycool on December 01, 2023, 04:07:19 PM

I think Slaughtneil will have too much for them TBH, but I'm basing that on last years final, they could be off the boil a bit but are well organised and won't give McManus the same easy ride he got two weeks ago.
I'm expecting it to be feisty enough, with Slaughtneil craft being enough to pull away.

Can't see McManus saving them this time out.  He'll probably be worth around 10 points mind when placed balls are considered.  He's still a massive threat inside and under the high ball with his strength but I don't think he'll get the space and time he got against Portaferry.   And if he doesn't..... Cushendall struggle for scores, a lot of what McLaughlin gets comes off McManus directly or indirectly. 

They didn't look overly impressive against Ballycastle or Loughgiel but they capitalised and made the most of both teams mistakes trying to build from the back and run the ball out of defence at important stages of the game. And loughgiel still almost caught them at the end.

It'll be tougher physically and intensity wise than they've face so far as Loughgiel are young and don't have anywhere near the strength and physicality Slaughtneil have.  People keep highlighting Rodgers but Slaughtneil have a load of very good players.   I see them winning comfortably.

Milltown Row2

You have to feel sorry for Na Fianna, died with their boots on..

A bit more accuracy and they'd have been home and hosed

Can't see any team though troubling Ballygunner.

Could be a ten plus win tomorrow for them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Helluva performance from Paddy Deegan there, Na Fianna scores just dried up there towards the end. Think they only scored 0-2 in last ten mins + 3 mins injury time.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

pbat

Is Corofin playing tonight in the Munster intermediate club final representing Clare the same Corofin playing tomorrow in the Connaught Football final? Or is it two different clubs?

Blowitupref

Quote from: pbat on December 02, 2023, 06:42:19 PMIs Corofin playing tonight in the Munster intermediate club final representing Clare the same Corofin playing tomorrow in the Connaught Football final? Or is it two different clubs?

Different clubs. That Corofin team tonight are North Clare based team.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gael85

Quote from: pbat on December 02, 2023, 06:42:19 PMIs Corofin playing tonight in the Munster intermediate club final representing Clare the same Corofin playing tomorrow in the Connaught Football final? Or is it two different clubs?

Corofin home of Clare football only All Star Seamus Clancy and current Clare footballer Jamie Malone.

Gael85

Ballygunner game over already

Orior

Quote from: Oso on December 02, 2023, 09:37:03 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 01, 2023, 04:07:19 PM

Can't see McManus saving them this time out.  He'll probably be worth around 10 points mind when placed balls are considered.  He's still a massive threat inside and under the high ball with his strength but I don't think he'll get the space and time he got against Portaferry.   And if he doesn't..... Cushendall struggle for scores, a lot of what McLaughlin gets comes off McManus directly or indirectly. 

They didn't look overly impressive against Ballycastle or Loughgiel but they capitalised and made the most of both teams mistakes trying to build from the back and run the ball out of defence at important stages of the game. And loughgiel still almost caught them at the end.

It'll be tougher physically and intensity wise than they've face so far as Loughgiel are young and don't have anywhere near the strength and physicality Slaughtneil have.  People keep highlighting Rodgers but Slaughtneil have a load of very good players.   I see them winning comfortably.

Whoops.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Splash

Cushendall just better everywhere that Slaughtneil today.

As cliché as it is, Cushendall definitely looked like they wanted it more.

Fair play to them.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Splash on December 03, 2023, 07:43:36 PMCushendall just better everywhere that Slaughtneil today.

As cliché as it is, Cushendall definitely looked like they wanted it more.

Fair play to them.

I know Slaughneill have had some good days out but it's not sustainable to not play much as a lot of their players do, it will get you through Derry, which is totally non competitive.

They are coming into these Ulster finals totally undercooked against top level teams like Dunloy & Slaughneil & not enough hurling under their belt.

The team was obviously in decline but how much hurling would the IC footballers like McKaigue & Rodgers do in a year, especially now with the split season ? Very little I would guess
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come