Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 07, 2018, 02:07:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2018, 01:46:36 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on February 07, 2018, 01:34:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2018, 10:37:29 AM
To me Bobby seems a very private person and wouldnt talk much about it, that shouldn't be a bad reflection on what he should say or didnt say
By being on the payroll and attending that farce without comment on what was done by the club to his team mates, he's condoning it, regardless of what his private thoughts might be.

North Antrim hound hits the nail on the head regarding the contrast between Gregg's actions and Charlton's.

Charlton had many payrolls before going back to Utd in the position he is in now, being there is part of job and as a mark of respect for collegues friends and loved ones. Saying he condoned the actions of what the owners did or didnt do is daft

But you are looking for an angle on this, that's really is strange, but sure carry on

Anyones angle including myself on this subject doesn't hold much interest outside this board 
But Harry Greggs angle I would take on board all day long
I think he earned the right to speak about what happened on the day and what happened to the injured players afterwards
I seen pictures last night of the ceremony, there is Charlton sitting in the front Row with murhino,ferguson and Gregg is behind them. Chances are he didn't want to sit with them, we can only guess why.
With all his traits he comes across as a man of principles and certainly cut from a different cloth.
+1

OgraAnDun

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 07, 2018, 01:52:34 PM
To me Bobby seems a very private person and wouldnt talk much about it, that shouldn't be a bad reflection on what he should say or didnt say
By being on the payroll and attending that farce without comment on what was done by the club to his team mates, he's condoning it, regardless of what his private thoughts might be.

North Antrim hound hits the nail on the head regarding the contrast between Gregg's actions and Charlton's.

I shouldn't reply because it's clear all you're looking for is a row but your comments are a disgrace. You don't know the first thing about what Bobby Charlton has or has not done. To call the commemoration a farce is way over the top and clear incitement. It's also a big jump from your initial post on this subject which confirms you're nothing but a WUM.

+1

The last few posts just confirm it.

Cunny Funt

Grown men trolling on a internet forum is sad at the best of times but trolling and using a tragedy as the topic of choice is fairly pathetic lads.

Milltown Row2

Charlton had many payrolls before going back to Utd in the position he is in now, being there is part of job and as a mark of respect for collegues friends and loved ones. Saying he condoned the actions of what the owners did or didnt do is daft

But you are looking for an angle on this, that's really is strange, but sure carry on

Anyones angle including myself on this subject doesn't hold much interest outside this board 
I think he earned the right to speak about what happened on the day and what happened to the injured players afterwards
I seen pictures last night of the ceremony, there is Charlton sitting in the front Row with murhino,ferguson and Gregg is behind them. Chances are he didn't want to sit with them, we can only guess why.
With all his traits he comes across as a man of principles and certainly cut from a different cloth.

Then why did Harry go? Sitting in the front row means? and you assume Harry didn't want to sit beside them based on?

Bobby and the rest of the survivors also have talked about their experience. Had they have been in the position Harry was in they would have also dragged their friends out of a plane.

Jesus is it that hard for you?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Asal Mor

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 07, 2018, 03:40:00 PM
Grown men trolling on a internet forum is sad at the best of times but trolling and using a tragedy as the topic of choice is fairly pathetic lads.
I take it you don't have a problem with the club glossing over its abhorrent treatment of those wounded in the crash while commemorating those who died, in a ceremony that undeniably benefits their brand and earning power.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Asal Mor on February 07, 2018, 03:52:59 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 07, 2018, 03:40:00 PM
I take it you don't have a problem with the club glossing over its abhorrent treatment of those wounded in the crash while commemorating those who died, in a ceremony that undeniably benefits their brand and earning power.

Would other clubs commemorating diasters in their history be accused of the same thing? Hmmm I wonder
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Trying to piss on someone who climbed out of the wreckage of the Munich air disaster the day of its 60th anniversary takes something special.

AZOffaly

Another way of looking at this Asal, and I think a more accurate way possibly, is that the club itself is cognisant of the fact that it didn't do enough back in the 50s and 60s for those players, and is trying to atone for that now. Bobby Charlton's role as an ambassador for the club is undoubtedly a factor in making sure the Busby Babes stay front and centre. You can take the cynical view, but I genuinely don't believe Man United need to leverage a terrible occasion like Munich to increase their brand. I prefer to think that they are simply doing the right thing by the victims, and their families, even if in the past they fell short.

As I said, my friend had nothing but good things to say about United, back in the late 90s, when we were talking about this. He'd have no reason to lie about it, so I believe him when he said the families are treated like royalty whenever they attend OT.  If Bobby Charlton is instrumental in that, well I say fair play to him.

Asal Mor

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 07, 2018, 04:24:22 PM
Another way of looking at this Asal, and I think a more accurate way possibly, is that the club itself is cognisant of the fact that it didn't do enough back in the 50s and 60s for those players, and is trying to atone for that now. Bobby Charlton's role as an ambassador for the club is undoubtedly a factor in making sure the Busby Babes stay front and centre. You can take the cynical view, but I genuinely don't believe Man United need to leverage a terrible occasion like Munich to increase their brand. I prefer to think that they are simply doing the right thing by the victims, and their families, even if in the past they fell short.

As I said, my friend had nothing but good things to say about United, back in the late 90s, when we were talking about this. He'd have no reason to lie about it, so I believe him when he said the families are treated like royalty whenever they attend OT.  If Bobby Charlton is instrumental in that, well I say fair play to him.
Fair points AZ and maybe Bobby has advocated for better treatment of the families behind the scenes. My cynical impulses tell me that the better treatment of the families in recent years are more to do with awareness of how it affects the brand and the fact that they have so much money now that giving a few hundred grand to the families is a trivial sum to them anyway. Surely part of atoning for the mistreatment has to be acknowledging the mistakes of the past on days like yesterday and I don't believe their appalling treatment of those who climbed out of the wreckage 60 years ago, got a mention. Throwing the families a few quid and a few free tickets is hardly admirable, given how wealthy the club is.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Syferus on February 07, 2018, 04:02:17 PM
Trying to piss on someone who climbed out of the wreckage of the Munich air disaster the day of its 60th anniversary takes something special.
The club left those who climbed out of the wreckage homeless, broken and destitute. I'm merely expressing an opinion. I would tell you to try to keep things in perspective but I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on February 07, 2018, 04:51:10 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 07, 2018, 04:02:17 PM
The club left those who climbed out of the wreckage homeless, broken and destitute. I'm merely expressing an opinion. I would tell you to try to keep things in perspective but I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

Unless the perspective is being an arse I don't think you're one to be throwing stones.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2018, 03:48:39 PM

Then why did Harry go? Sitting in the front row means? and you assume Harry didn't want to sit beside them based on?

Bobby and the rest of the survivors also have talked about their experience. Had they have been in the position Harry was in they would have also dragged their friends out of a plane.

No it's hard for you
Tell you what don't take my word or opinion on the subject at all
Go read his f..king book
At least you will be as well informed
Why do you focus on what Imm saying instead of what one of the survivors said

Jesus how hard could that be
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

magpie seanie

I thought there were rules on this board about trolling on issues such as this.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 07, 2018, 05:21:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2018, 03:48:39 PM

No it's hard for you
Tell you what don't take my word or opinion on the subject at all
Go read his f..king book
At least you will be as well informed
Why do you focus on what Imm saying instead of what one of the survivors said

Jesus how hard could that be

Watch a documentary with Harry in it, and he doesn't come across like that at all! Now calm yourself before you have a fit

Asal Mor

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 07, 2018, 05:25:23 PM
I thought there were rules on this board about trolling on issues such as this.
It's my opinion. Can you not see any hypocrisy in the commemorations?