Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 05, 2018, 10:37:31 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 05, 2018, 01:41:08 AM
So Jose picks the Munich anniversary to have a pop at the United supporters again. What a complete and utter sc**bag. Well done to MUST for a thoughtful and measured response. Something Mourinho could learn from. He's a disgrace.

Very very harsh, he's right but its the same for every other top teams.

Average age of a ST holder at OT gets older every year, I think the average age of ST holder in the premier league is 41 and is probably at least 45 at OT.  Atmospheres won't improve until they bring back standing sections which will probably happen in the next few years.

Eh???

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Syferus on February 05, 2018, 02:19:43 PM
So Jose picks the Munich anniversary to have a pop at the United supporters again. What a complete and utter sc**bag. Well done to MUST for a thoughtful and measured response. Something Mourinho could learn from. He's a disgrace.

Average age of a ST holder at OT gets older every year, I think the average age of ST holder in the premier league is 41 and is probably at least 45 at OT.  Atmospheres won't improve until they bring back standing sections which will probably happen in the next few years.

Eh???

It is already in process to have safe standing sections certified for use in the EPL.

Syferus

Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 05, 2018, 03:28:16 PM

Eh???

It is already in process to have safe standing sections certified for use in the EPL.

I don't see major stadiums ripping up comfy (expensive) seating to put in major terraces, certainly not enough to materially effect the atmosphere of a ground. There's still (rightly) a hell of a lot of association with terraces and the bad old days of the 70s and 80s, football disasters and hooliganism. The Wigans and the Brightons of the world, maybe they see value in constructing something major given I assume it would be cheaper to build.

Never got the fascination with standing when you can sit, but people find the strangest things to complain about.

Cunny Funt

I think the Germans have standing sections is that the reasons for their better atmospheres than most PL games?

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 05, 2018, 03:42:19 PM
I think the Germans have standing sections is that the reasons for their better atmospheres than most PL games?

Cheaper tickets and the crowd being tighter to the pitch are far more important to the better atmospheres in Germany. Tourist fans are big business for the big four or five clubs in English too.

magpie seanie

Surely you fit more people in a standing area?

Don't Celtic have a standing area?

Maroon Manc

Its a lot easier to make noise when standing up as opposed to sitting down, thought that was fairly obvious.

OT needs money throwing at it, the capacity will be reduced in the next few years with the expanded disabled section and their is demand for more tickets. There has been talk of expanding the South Stand and its been talked about by the directors apparenlty for the last few years.

The club has bought a fair bit of land around the ground in recent years so it wouldn't totally surprise me if they decided to build a new stadium next to the ground. Selling naming rights would go a long way to funding it.

Bord na Mona man

Most of the hardcore fans would prefer standing to sitting.
You'd see it at the away games, where thousands of them will stand in the seated areas. Though the clubs usually get hit with fines over this.

Personally I'd prefer to stand that sit at a game. It gives you the freedom to move around a bit. Especially if you are in a group and you want to discuss aspects of the game with various people.
And by the same token, if you end up parked near some opposition mouthpiece, you can always shuffle away from them.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Syferus on February 05, 2018, 03:38:27 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 05, 2018, 03:28:16 PM

Eh???

I don't see major stadiums ripping up comfy (expensive) seating to put in major terraces, certainly not enough to materially effect the atmosphere of a ground. There's still (rightly) a hell of a lot of association with terraces and the bad old days of the 70s and 80s, football disasters and hooliganism. The Wigans and the Brightons of the world, maybe they see value in constructing something major given I assume it would be cheaper to build.

Never got the fascination with standing when you can sit, but people find the strangest things to complain about.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-old-trafford-13574777.amp

United are looking into it, but it is currently illegal - for now.

Avondhu star

Too many day trippers to Old Trafford prepared to pay big money for seats and buy shite in the club shop. Prices are too high for local working class supporters. That's why a lot of them going to FC United. Salford etc for their football.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 05, 2018, 03:52:41 PM

Yes they do, the Green Brigade dwell there, they are absolutely brilliant in the atmosphere but they let themselves down from time to time with the republican bullshit at the games.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Avondhu star

Quote from: stew on February 06, 2018, 12:40:04 AM

Yes they do, the Green Brigade dwell there, they are absolutely brilliant in the atmosphere but they let themselves down from time to time with the republican bullshit at the games.
Too true. Jock Stein and Sean Fallon had no time for the narrow minded activities of some of the Celtic and Rangers support

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 06, 2018, 07:20:45 AM

Too true. Jack Stein and Sean Fallen had no time for then narrow minded activities of some of the Celtic and Rangers support

That's Jock and Fallon, otherwise correct.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 06, 2018, 08:49:30 AM
Quote from: Avondhu star on February 06, 2018, 07:20:45 AM

Too true. Jack Stein and Sean Fallen had no time for then narrow minded activities of some of the Celtic and Rangers support

That's Jock and Fallon, otherwise correct.
Morning spelling errors corrected.

AZOffaly

RIP to the Busby Babes. 3 o'clock today is the 60th Anniversary I think? A tragedy. Thinking especially of Liam Whelan, one of our own.

RIP to them all.