QF v Emo 2-12 1-9
SF v Portarlington 1-8 1-8
SFr v Portarlington 2-13 0-11

Ballylinan
QF v St Josephs 1-5 0-6
SF v Annanough 2-9 0-8

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Gmac on October 12, 2017, 04:47:47 PM
would love to see the team sheets from that final anyone got them?

1987 Laois Senior Football Final

Score Portlaoise 3-16 (1-4) Ballylinan 0-5 (0-3)
Wides Portlaoise 8 (4) Ballylinan 4 (3)
45s Portlaoise 5 (2) Ballylinan 0
Frees Portlaoise 19 (11) Ballylinan 23 (12)

Portlaoise
Mick Mulhall
Brian Colgan
John Bohane
Tommy Conroy
Colm Browne
Mark Kavanagh
Liam Duggan
Pat Critchley [0-2]
Karl Lenihan
Gerry Browne
Tom Prendergast [2-2]
James Fahy [0-5]
Seamus Lalor
Joe Keenan [1-1]
Noel Prendergast (c) [0-6]

Ballylinan
Michael Dunne
John Kavanagh
Ted Farrell
John Behan
Declan Mulhare [0-1]
Tim Kavanagh
Eamon Lacey
Gerry Mulhall
James Hovenden
John McDonald [0-1]
Michael Loughman
Seamus Kelly
Enda Condron [0-2]
Enda Kaye
Seamus Kavanagh (c) [0-1]
Subs:
Eamon Doyle for J Kavanagh (33mins)
Des Cooney for M Loughman (37mins)
Jim Lynsky for J McDonald (46mins)

Referee: Seamus Lalor

town1980

The town to whip ballylinan wahoooo ;D

BallyroanAbu

Portlaoise are the undoubtable favs,  but I can't get away from Ballylinan causing a shock, the easy analysis is that Portlaoise have looked awesome all year.  I just think there are holes in this and the game could be a close one.   So Ballylinan to cause a shock.

I think that Portarlington win was better than most people are giving it credit for.

High Fielder

It obviously wasn't. Like the rest of the county, the Ballylynan back line is porous. There's a big difference between entertainment and quality, and I'm afraid to say a lot of analysis on here doesn't distinguish between the two. Portlaoise have obvious deficiencies but are too strong in Laois. I can't see them doing too much in Leinster, but good luck to them.

on the hop

Just while they were doing their warm up, young Farrell slipped over water bottles and twisted his ankle. These things only even to happen at the worst times

the sash

Yea ,have to hand it to portlaoise even though it kills me to say it. They were very professional and as always organised as they  took care of business today. Yea i heard alan farrel was injured in the warm up n it sadly had a bearing on his game as he has been their star performer all year. Thought d occasion got to ballylinan a little as you could see the nervousness in their defence which was evident on the first half especially in the mix up for the first goal. Thought john flynn should also have thrown up the ball in the build up to the second goal when he impeded the bally player competing for the ball. It might have made the second half a bit more competitive if so. All credit to portlaoise though by far the better team

town1980

Well again I was right at 40 mins on the clock  ballylinan were tankd fitness levels were just not there they tried but again the town were too strong,, portlaoise top of the tree I'll go graigue at num 2 then ballylinan then port,,, I'm enjoying my Guinness to nite get in there  :D

SCFC

Chris Finn was superb yesterday. How many balls did he burst out with and distribute perfectly? I'd say he could be in Sugrue's notebook.
Fair play to Ballylinan. The final score was a bit harsh on them. They battled hard. I thought they could be blown away from early on but far from it.
Walsh missed a few big frees which could have kept it a contest for a bit longer. Lillis was excellent on him from general play.
One of Bruno's points was worth the admission fee on its own. Unreal.

redsetanta

Portlaoise were far the better team in the second half but looked very heavy legged in the first half. In that first half Ballylinan really took the game to them. Couple of defensive mix ups allowed Portlaoise in for scores particularly the collision between the two Ballylinan backs that resulted in the goal. Flynn should really have called back play prior to Portlaoises second goal as he had done so previously when he obstructed the play. The second goal killed of the game really. Cahillane was in great form and his marker had a torrid time. Ballylinan couldn't cope with Portlaoises running game in the second half and they did looked out on their feet. Ball runners had little support and more often than not Gary Walsh was the only option. The final score is a little harsh on Ballylinan considering the effort they put in but Portlaoise were the dominant team and sitting in the stands there was an air of evitability about things 10  mins into the second half. Dillon has a right burst of speed in him when he gets the ball. Portlaoise bench was fairly strong. It is a microcosym of Dublin and the rest of Leinster. Great atmosphere in the first half and the whole of Ballylinan must have been in O'Moore Park.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

BallyroanAbu

Be fair Town, fitness was not an issue for Ballylinan.  They made killer mistakes at the wrong time, score line flattered Portlaoise.  Fair play to Portlaoise a well drilled outfit all year worryingly for the rest of us there probably is more improvement in this team.

Heshs Umpire

Very composed performance from Portlaoise.
Really hope Sugrue can get a good few of them in to the county panel.
Would love to see Cahillane and Boyle back on board. Finn looked brilliant in the final and we should be able to use Dillon' s pace somewhere.
Good effort from Ballylinan. Couple of potential county lads there too to go with Gary Walsh and Alan Farrell in Richie Ryan and Jamie Farrell.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

High Fielder

Little or no pressure on the score takers from Ballylynan. You can't win matches playing that open. They are best of the rest this year in Laois, but that means nothing at all. Portlaoise have evolved  in the last year and it's not uncommon for them to have 12 men behind the ball and break at speed. They have to go up a gear now, because Rhode would easily. beat every team in Laois too. I honestly think we never see the best of Portlaoise in Laois, which makes the defeat last year to Stradbally all the worse.