Stig

Started by DuffleKing, August 31, 2010, 06:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

The current court case concerning top gear's "stig" has me interested.

If anyone knows who he is could you pm me?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Dougal Maguire

What intrigues me is who cares. Top Gear is puerile British laddishness at its worst. I happened to be forced to watch it one night when the 3 stoogies were going camping to Cornwall in home made camper vans.  The laugh was that they were trying to make it all look spontaneous. Worst TV I've ever seen
Careful now

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 31, 2010, 08:26:25 PM
What intrigues me is who cares. Top Gear is puerile British laddishness at its worst. I happened to be forced to watch it one night when the 3 stoogies were going camping to Cornwall in home made camper vans.  The laugh was that they were trying to make it all look spontaneous. Worst TV I've ever seen

I agree. A vehicle is for getting me from A to B. I dont need a pussy magnet, and never had any complaints from the lassies, unlike the rest of you guys.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dougal Maguire

Good man Orior. Truer words were never spoken. A man after me own heart. I bet you don't drink pretentious poncie beers either and if you played football you'd wear black boots.
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

DuffleKing

Don't watch the show but i like mysteries, god help me.

Hardy

I'd like to associate myself with the views expressed by Dougal and Orior.

"Puerile British laddishness at its worst" is the perfect description.

quit yo jibbajabba

ive never given the show a chance, such is my hatred for jeremy clarkson; and i dont hate that many people....

lilpaulie85

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 31, 2010, 06:46:54 PM

The current court case concerning top gear's "stig" has me interested.

If anyone knows who he is could you pm me?

Seemingly its meant to be Ben Collins, hes a former british touring car racer
Chase the dream not the competition.

Geoff Tipps

Yeah absolutely hate the programme, hate the 3 gimps on it especially Clarkson and hate people who come into work on Monday morning raving about it.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 31, 2010, 08:26:25 PM

Very well said Dougal. I was thinking recently while watching James Corden present his own show, how difficult it is to believe that Britain once ruled half the earth.

ziggysego

The BBC have lost the court case and The Stig has indeed been revealed to be former F3 driver Ben Collins.

James May was interviewed afterwards, stating "Obviously I'm now going to have to take some legal action of my own, because I have been the Stig for the past seven years, and I don't know who this bloke is, who's mincing around in the High Court pretending it's him."
Testing Accessibility

the colonel

What intrigues me is people who admit to hating a show, come on to a thread to give off to people who like the show and take it off the topic off the title on the thread. Why go to such a bother to have a moan.
the difference between success and failure is energy