Jimmy McGuinness

Started by here comes 6, September 27, 2012, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curious

McGuines would fit in well at Celtic - everybody behind the ball

Hardy

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 08, 2012, 08:21:49 PM
The best point I can remember by Larry was also the most memorable as it was against Meath, the qualifier win in Clones 05. Ran Meath ragged that day, We might get him back for the league meeting next year in Navan.

Cavan had an unfair advantage that day. Meath didn't know Larry Reilly was the Larry Reilly who would go on to become Larry Reilly.

rrhf

Agreed Larry reilly was named that day as
A N Other Larry Reilly

rodney trotter

An Other was in a "another class" that day. Meath knew he was by the end of the match.

spuds

Quote from: Hardy on November 08, 2012, 09:18:32 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 08, 2012, 08:21:49 PM
The best point I can remember by Larry was also the most memorable as it was against Meath, the qualifier win in Clones 05. Ran Meath ragged that day, We might get him back for the league meeting next year in Navan.

Cavan had an unfair advantage that day. Meath didn't know Larry Reilly was the Larry Reilly who would go on to become Larry Reilly.
;D
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: The Worker on November 08, 2012, 06:52:23 PM
Jimmy for Celtic?

For sure.......................its official part time position, tues wed thurs, 150 grand a year

rodney trotter

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=180604

I wonder will it have much of an effect on Donegal next year. Obviously the players are used to Rory Gallagher anyway, but it wouldn't feel the same McGuinness missing a few sessions every week and then back for the session on Friday. Best of luck to him. 150K is a nice little earner too.

the Deel Rover

I take it there will be no more Celtic books or Autobiographies by the players while Jimmy is there. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

seafoid

He'll need someone to be the Kevin Cassidy figure.
I hope it works out for him though because he's good at what he does.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

qwerty

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=3333

It's official! Tho the 'consultant' title would lead to believe that its a part time role.

TyrionLannister

So Jimmy is taking the soup... and people are wishing him luck?

bridgegael

I take it he is to step down as donegal manager?
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

LeoMc

Fuzzman

I'd say it was a very tough decision for him and his wife as they've got 3 young kids and I think they are real homebirds and wouldn't be keen to leave Donegal.

I'd say its been tough on his wife with him always out and about all the time and not spending a lot fo time with the kids so it must have been hard to turn down such an offer.

I'm very pleased for him as I would say he was under pressure for a long time to get a descent well paying job.

You'd nearly wonder had he any impact on Lennon's defensive strategy on Wed night with the swarm defence is full force.

the Deel Rover

Jimmy's winning matches, jimmy's winning games, jimmy bringing the champions league cup back to celtic park again. Na ya can't beat the original.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001