Philip Seymour Hoffman dies

Started by Zulu, February 02, 2014, 07:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Shamrock Shore

Zulu

A real pity if so. We've lost one of the few genuinely great actors working in Hollywood today.

J OGorman

Quote from: Zulu on February 02, 2014, 07:06:14 PM
A real pity if so. We've lost one of the few genuinely great actors working in Hollywood today.

+ 1. Christ thats awful news

Capt Pat

Jonah

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 02, 2014, 07:21:59 PM
He had 3 kids as well.
You see to me that's the real pity and not that hollywood has lost a great actor  ::) 3 kids will be without a Dad because of drugs.
Just another drug addict who paid the consequences for his habit. Him being a famous actor doesn't make him any better than any other druggie imo.

Zulu

Oh Jesus wept, there's always one idiot.

Jonah

Quote from: Zulu on February 02, 2014, 08:09:41 PM
Yeah you.
I'm sick of this faux outpouring of grief when someone famous dies.  Especially when that person is a selfish drug addict.  None of you would bat an eyelid if some druggie died on the cold dirty streets of Dublin or some other Irish city but when he's a famous actor then its a tragedy and you all can't get to the keyboard quick enough to say how bloody great he was.
If you don't want to die from drugs then don't do f**king drugs especially when you have 3 kids.

orangeman

An Addiction is a horrible illness no matter what it is - drink, glue, gambling, drugs or whatever else and those afflicted need help not condemnation.

A father of 3 kids was found dead in an apartment with a needle in his arm. That is extremely sad.

Zulu

Quote from: Jonah on February 02, 2014, 08:14:45 PM
Quote from: Zulu on February 02, 2014, 08:09:41 PM
Yeah you.
I'm sick of this faux outpouring of grief when someone famous dies.  Especially when that person is a selfish drug addict.  None of you would bat an eyelid if some druggie died on the cold dirty streets of Dublin or some other Irish city but when he's a famous actor then its a tragedy and you all can't get to the keyboard quick enough to say how bloody great he was.
If you don't want to die from drugs then don't do f**king drugs especially when you have 3 kids.

"Yeah you", did it take you long to come up with that witty gem?

"Faux outpouring of grief", are you a complete moron? Nobody is locked in a dark room crying their eyes out here, we simply commented on the tragic death of someone we know through their fame as an actor. It's tragic when anyone loses their life due to drugs but we don't know most of them so we don't comment on forums such as this. Can you comprehend that???

As you are clearly simple, I'll point out nobody said he was great but he was a great actor, there's a difference.

I'm glad your pompous morality is so large that you have no pity when someone dies from drugs, alcohol abuse or other afflictions that humans suffer from. If you have a major problem with drug taking, then fair enough, but only an asshole blowhard would come on to a thread about a tragic death and hijack it to make that point.

Jonah

You continously insulting me says more about you than it does me, but by all means continue doing it if it makes you feel better in this time of grief for you.

Zulu

I insulted you because you deserve it due to your incredibly inappropriate post on a topic you could have ignored if you had any class about you at all. A man dies and you feel now's the time to preach and not only that but you clearly didn't understand the content of the posts which triggered your preaching. The tone of my posts reflect only your pompous moralising.

Jonah

Good lad let it all out. Don't worry though time is a great healer.

Orior

You are both right.

Taking drugs is wrong. There is a grey line between drugs, cigarettes and alcohol, however drugs are illegal.

The problem is that we all feel we knew PSH, and we don't like to speak ill of the dead. What do family and friends say when a joyrider kills himself in a car crash? "oh he was loveable rogue"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

aontroim

Ironic given that there was a hoax story that he had died recently!