Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fermanaghstan

Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 13, 2021, 10:54:37 PM
Unreal. That damages the integrity of the competition. Poor form on Gort's behalf. I'm sure Glenariffe will feel aggrieved. That said it's a great extra fixture for us neutrals. Neutral venue you'd have to assume. Cushendun possibly.

Very poor from Gort Na Mona, they messed Glenariffe and Ahoghill about in the group stage last year also. If they can't field they should be penalised, an extra game puts the winner at a disadvantage heading into a semi-final. I have heard rumours that Gorts are waiting to see how their football clash with St Galls goes this weekend before agreeing to anything.

Tyrdub

Quote from: Fermanaghstan on September 14, 2021, 09:36:26 AM
Unreal. That damages the integrity of the competition. Poor form on Gort's behalf. I'm sure Glenariffe will feel aggrieved. That said it's a great extra fixture for us neutrals. Neutral venue you'd have to assume. Cushendun possibly.

Very poor from Gort Na Mona, they messed Glenariffe and Ahoghill about in the group stage last year also. If they can't field they should be penalised, an extra game puts the winner at a disadvantage heading into a semi-final. I have heard rumours that Gorts are waiting to see how their football clash with St Galls goes this weekend before agreeing to anything.

Could I ask an obvious question....where has the information come from that GNM have conceded? or is this just the usual keyboard speculation? The original game was cancelled due to Covid i believe, I am sure it is just a matter of refixing this game, possibly next week?

Fermanaghstan

Quote from: Tyrdub on September 14, 2021, 10:55:42 AM
Quote from: Fermanaghstan on September 14, 2021, 09:36:26 AM

Could I ask an obvious question....where has the information come from that GNM have conceded? or is this just the usual keyboard speculation? The original game was cancelled due to Covid i believe, I am sure it is just a matter of refixing this game, possibly next week?

Carey players have been told the game is fixed for next Tuesday evening, as far as they are aware Gorts haven't confirmed if they will play or not.

antrimman667

This post on Twitter seems to be doing the rounds about the glenravel fella. None of these trolls are willing to grab a whistle

themac_23

Quote from: antrimman667 on September 15, 2021, 01:24:59 PM
This post on Twitter seems to be doing the rounds about the glenravel fella. None of these trolls are willing to grab a whistle

Wasn't a great tackle but by all accounts both teams were leaving a bit on each other and there was no linesmen there, really tough one for a ref, maybe didnt have a great view and has a split second to make a decision. but as you say easy to criticise a referee from the other end of a computer screen

Jonkunlon

Dirty slap. Could have broken his leg.

Kidder81

Gort Na Mona v Carey next Tuesday night at the Dub apparently

BigBallWeeBall

I hear rumours that a serious row is brewing between Cushendall and Co chair over fixture v Rossa at Dunsilly and its turning nasty. Any clarity on this?

Jonkunlon

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on September 16, 2021, 10:22:59 AM
I hear rumours that a serious row is brewing between Cushendall and Co chair over fixture v Rossa at Dunsilly and its turning nasty. Any clarity on this?

Did you not see the comedic letter sent by Cushendall? It's parody. There's also a letter of response, allegedly from the county chair, which simply cannot be real.

themac_23

Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 16, 2021, 10:38:30 AM
Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on September 16, 2021, 10:22:59 AM

Did you not see the comedic letter sent by Cushendall? It's parody. There's also a letter of response, allegedly from the county chair, which simply cannot be real.

Anyone with a link or the gist of it don't be afraid to pm it on  :-X

CitySlicker11

Do you think Cushendall raise valid concerns or was the county chair correct to respond in the manner that he did?

Calm Down

Throw it up, when has anyone on this board been concerned about outing people/things whether true or not

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on September 16, 2021, 02:03:53 PM
Do you think Cushendall raise valid concerns or was the county chair correct to respond in the manner that he did?

Dunsilly King

I got the letter the Cushendall club allegedly sent,  ifs it's genuine then Cushendall need to wise up, its hilariously embarrassing. Whoever agreed to write and then agreed to send on behalf of that club need hunted from around the club. A list of nonsense excuses. It can't be real? The response is also funny as it doesn't take the initial complaints to seriously. I'm sure there are both fake.

Jonkunlon

Letter from Cushendall is legit - I feel. First 2 paragraphs were ok but the last paragraph must have been written by a P4 learning how to write an argument for the 1st time:

- supporters and players have to go to mass.
- farmers have to feed the cows.
- you will miss your lunch so you will.

People who haven't seen the letter will think I'm joking.

Gold

Was listening to a few Tyorne players talking about 'culture' and a culture of winning.

Got me thinking about us and Casement and how we've performed there and how few big games we've ever won. Have we won just 2 senior Ulster championship GAMES in 40 years there?

Am I wrong in thinking that our last Ulster football championship win there was 2003 v Cavan?

Our last u-21 championship win at Casement was v Armagh in 2003

Our last Minor championship win there was v Donegal in 1998??

If we don't win at underage we most likely won't win at senior...what do we do?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."