Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

We flew into Milan Bergamo from Belfast and it was a very handy 1 hour drive to Sirmione.
It was a beautiful place and I would go back in a heartbeat, but the main town was completely cobbled and not sure it would be great for prams. It is on a bit of a peninsula.
I think Riva isn't a bad shout though, despite being at the top. The beach areas are good and the town is that bit bigger, but a bit more touristy than Sirmione. Definitely a longer journey from Milan.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Ed Hardy on February 07, 2020, 09:20:20 PM
Thinking of going to Lake Garda in September time with the wife and the new born, anyone been before? Where would good town/village to stay in?

Was there 2 years ago. Stayed in camping Park - Altomincio Family Park. Great for a young family - but not for a family starting out. Flew into Bergamo - Hired a Car. Beautiful scenery and well worth driving around the Lake itself. There is a Cable Car to the top of one of the mountains as you travel around the lake. Well worth doing for the impressive views. A day trip to Verona and a train trip into Venice also worth doing. Italians are nuts drivers, but you get into the tempo after a while. Only downside is the place is infested with Tourists!

Don Johnson

As others have said cheap flights with Ryanair to Bergamo then hire a car and it's an hour drive mostly motorway.

We stayed in Peschiera (Bella Italia campsite was great) and it was a good base for exploring. Will definitely be back.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 08, 2020, 08:32:32 AM
Thinking of going to Lake Garda in September time with the wife and the new born, anyone been before? Where would good town/village to stay in?

Was there 2 years ago. Stayed in camping Park - Altomincio Family Park. Great for a young family - but not for a family starting out. Flew into Bergamo - Hired a Car. Beautiful scenery and well worth driving around the Lake itself. There is a Cable Car to the top of one of the mountains as you travel around the lake. Well worth doing for the impressive views. A day trip to Verona and a train trip into Venice also worth doing. Italians are nuts drivers, but you get into the tempo after a while. Only downside is the place is infested with Tourists!
So you, as a tourist on holiday abroad, are giving off because there were too many tourists. The irony  ::)

manfromdelmonte

French Alps would be much quieter and better value

From the Bunker

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on February 09, 2020, 04:03:47 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 08, 2020, 08:32:32 AM

So you, as a tourist on holiday abroad, are giving off because there were too many tourists. The irony  ::)

I was only saying there are more than a lot of Tourists in that area. I've been to places (as a tourist) that have been quiet. It was a observation rather than a complaint. If I walked into a shop to do some shopping and said that the downside to going to that shop was that it was crowded place to do shopping would that also be Irony?

Under Lights

Have three kids
7, 5 and 2.

Looking to go to a Euro Camp this summer, has anyone done these before? Will be first time taking the kids abroad, sort of want a one stop shop where everything on location.

screenexile

Quote from: Under Lights on February 20, 2020, 12:55:12 PM
Have three kids
7, 5 and 2.

Looking to go to a Euro Camp this summer, has anyone done these before? Will be first time taking the kids abroad, sort of want a one stop shop where everything on location.

Have done it the past 2 years with my kids who are 5 & 3 now and heading again this year... we used Al Fresco Holidays which can be reasonable if you book early enough.

Been to Bordeaux and Lake Garda the past 2 years and had a great time. Heading this year to Salou I'd go for it if I were you it's a great holiday for kids that age!!

WT4E

Was thinking about booking a short trip with the wife in early September weather be decent and the prices prob be a bit better.

Dubrovnik
Lake Garda

Those are the two options Im thinking off - anyone pick one out of that two and give an tips if they been there?

An Watcher

Was outside Nice last year with Al fresco for the first time. Kids absolutely loved it. Was thinking of bordeaux this year but might have left it too late

bennydorano

Quote from: screenexile on February 20, 2020, 02:51:19 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on February 20, 2020, 12:55:12 PM
Have three kids
7, 5 and 2.

Have done it the past 2 years with my kids who are 5 & 3 now and heading again this year... we used Al Fresco Holidays which can be reasonable if you book early enough.

Been to Bordeaux and Lake Garda the past 2 years and had a great time. Heading this year to Salou I'd go for it if I were you it's a great holiday for kids that age!!
Sanguli? Class operation, added benefit of being close to town, most of my Eurocamp experiences I've been stuck a fair bit from town and it was a bit of a pain, had a car last year - no need, drove from & to airport and nowt else.

BennyCake

Quote from: An Watcher on February 20, 2020, 05:16:22 PM
Was outside Nice last year with Al fresco for the first time. Kids absolutely loved it. Was thinking of bordeaux this year but might have left it too late

Where does Al want to go this year?  ;D

balladmaker

Quote from: BennyCake on February 20, 2020, 06:24:22 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on February 20, 2020, 05:16:22 PM

Where does Al want to go this year?  ;D

Made me laugh 😆 always the simple ones

Rois

Quote from: WT4E on February 20, 2020, 03:47:42 PM
Was thinking about booking a short trip with the wife in early September weather be decent and the prices prob be a bit better.

Dubrovnik
Lake Garda

Those are the two options Im thinking off - anyone pick one out of that two and give an tips if they been there?
Also thinking Dubrovnik but in March - likely to be a bit cold though. Interested to hear views too.

Loved Lake Garda - look at hotel aqva Sirmione if just adults.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on February 20, 2020, 10:10:57 PM
Quote from: WT4E on February 20, 2020, 03:47:42 PM

Dubrovnik
Lake Garda

Also thinking Dubrovnik but in March - likely to be a bit cold though. Interested to hear views too.

Loved Lake Garda - look at hotel aqva Sirmione if just adults.

I'll be able to take my adult kids to that place soon!   :-\
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea