A Tyrone book

Started by seafoid, October 23, 2016, 12:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Bomber you could go so far as to post a video of Joe Canning or Shane Walsh doing something dreadful but it wouldnt change anything. It is not about the county. It's about dúthracht. It's about how to live.

Johan Cruyff had a quote. You need to look. You need to move. You need to make space. You need to help others.

It's not about the rosary.

Farrandeelin

Seriously this board has gone to the dogs with some of the shite that's been posted lately.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Minder

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 23, 2016, 09:26:28 AM
Seriously this board has gone to the dogs with some of the shite that's been posted lately.

Has indeed
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on October 23, 2016, 09:20:31 AM
Bomber you could go so far as to post a video of Joe Canning or Shane Walsh doing something dreadful but it wouldnt change anything. It is not about the county. It's about dúthracht. It's about how to live.

Johan Cruyff had a quote. You need to look. You need to move. You need to make space. You need to help others.

I never saw you condemn him.

Davy Glennon has a conviction in a courtroom for punching his ex girlfriend in the face in the middle of a pub. It was reported by national media after he have been convicted in a courtroom. He ran to the media about his story about recovery, I have never seen you go on a crusade against him. Selective?

McCarron was investigated by the authorities and it was decided he had no charges to answer to. He had these allegations reported by national media before he was ever even charged with any offences. I think he has a right to set the record straight to the public on those allegations. There are many, many people who can have genuine grievances with McCarron making money out of this book, the girl and her father are not one of them.

seafoid

Cathal McCarron ‏@mc_carron1  5 sept.
Register for Events against Suicide with @CASuicide kicking off today

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on October 23, 2016, 09:42:48 AM

Davy Glennon has a conviction in a courtroom for punching his ex girlfriend in the face in the middle of a pub. It was reported by national media after he have been convicted in a courtroom. He ran to the media about his story about recovery, I have never seen you go on a crusade against him. Selective?

McCarron was investigated by the authorities and it was decided he had no charges to answer to. He had these allegations reported by national media before he was ever even charged with any offences. I think he has a right to set the record straight to the public on those allegations. There are many, many people who can have genuine grievances with McCarron making money out of this book, the girl and her father are not one of them.
Appalling behaviour. Judge was correct

I'm not on a crusade. I just think McCarron is still messed up
Look at his twitter feed compared to Niall McNamee's who also had gambling problems.

And the law is not good when it has anything to do with messy personal relationships. Because there are no absolutes between men and women. Or men and men or women and women. There are shades of grey

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on October 23, 2016, 10:51:15 AM

Look at his twitter feed compared to Niall McNamee's who also had gambling problems.

And the law is not good when it has anything to do with messy personal relationships. Because there are no absolutes between men and women. Or men and men or women and women. There are shades of grey

There's not much that can be defended with McCarron.

The guy goes around and leaves a mess behind him with his actions that other people have to pick up.

In this case, however, the blame does not lie with McCarron (certainly from the information available) and in many ways he was wronged in that media reports were published regarding these allegations when no charges were brought against him. I think it is reasonable for him to want to set the record straight on that particular episode.

It's the girl's father who needs to cop himself on, he has put his daughter under the spotlight even more than had already been so.

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on October 23, 2016, 12:35:26 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 23, 2016, 10:51:15 AM

There's not much that can be defended with McCarron.

The guy goes around and leaves a mess behind him with his actions that other people have to pick up.

In this case, however, the blame does not lie with McCarron (certainly from the information available) and in many ways he was wronged in that media reports were published regarding these allegations when no charges were brought against him. I think it is reasonable for him to want to set the record straight on that particular episode.

It's the girl's father who needs to cop himself on, he has put his daughter under the spotlight even more than had already been so.
the media also played a part and every time they give McCarron space it doesn't help her.
Could they not have a ban for a while until things calm down .
The father is not doing her favours either but he sees the impact the coverage has.
It is a mess

muppet

The Late Late Show interviewed Joe O'Reilly 2 weeks after he murdered his wife:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/how-joe-oreillys-selfpublicity-has-badly-backfired-26409630.html

He also appeared on The News, Crimeline and was interviewed by the Evening Herald.

I am sure that, in hindsight, Rachel O'Reilly's family didn't mind him turning the spotlight on himself.

If McCarron had something to hide, I'd want him in front of a camera, and if he doesn't (as the Gardai believed) he is as entitled to be there as anyone else. Either way, I'd put him there.
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

The book is a car crash and so also McCarron.
The father acted in good faith to put the brakes on McCarron's public victimhood bleatings.

The tables are turned now, rte are boycotting tyrone.

BennyHarp

Quote from: seafoid on October 23, 2016, 08:10:26 AM
Re ched the social media angle is the same even if the parameters are not. Social media destroys people in cases involving dodgy sexual relations and fame. It is not about "he did nothing wrong " . It is about the dynamics.

The girl /woman cannot function. #Recovery

At least it's not England. At least she hasn't been publicly named and attacked.

McCarron needs publicity for his book. Every time he gets in the media he sets her off. #Recovery

And he has built his thing around #Recovery.
You couldn't make it up.

In the old days he would have been sent to Maynooth.

It's dreadful.
My county drunk or sober. If this was a Tyrone player it would be a black card.

Aye, social media is real problem when these sort of stories come out. You even get some twats starting a new thread on a topic even when the previous thread has been closed and anything that is possibly constructive has been said. But I suppose when these social media addicts live to post as nauseam, making the same point and creating dangerous links to stories that have no relevance then the space for recovery for those involved is indeed very limited.
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 23, 2016, 07:26:36 PM
Re ched the social media angle is the same even if the parameters are not. Social media destroys people in cases involving dodgy sexual relations and fame. It is not about "he did nothing wrong " . It is about the dynamics.

At least it's not England. At least she hasn't been publicly named and attacked.

McCarron needs publicity for his book. Every time he gets in the media he sets her off. #Recovery

You couldn't make it up.

It's dreadful.

Aye, social media is real problem when these sort of stories come out. You even get some t**ts starting a new thread on a topic even when the previous thread has been closed and anything that is possibly constructive has been said. But I suppose when these social media addicts live to post as nauseam, making the same point and creating dangerous links to stories that have no relevance then the space for recovery for those involved is indeed very limited.

Benny a 17 killed himself in the UK recently. He had been taunted since age 12 on social media because he wasn't allowed to play clash of clans or one of those games.
Social media for teenagers can be lethal.
Good to see the LLS doing the decent thing

BennyHarp

Quote from: seafoid on October 23, 2016, 07:52:15 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on October 23, 2016, 07:26:36 PM

You couldn't make it up.

It's dreadful.

Aye, social media is real problem when these sort of stories come out. You even get some t**ts starting a new thread on a topic even when the previous thread has been closed and anything that is possibly constructive has been said. But I suppose when these social media addicts live to post as nauseam, making the same point and creating dangerous links to stories that have no relevance then the space for recovery for those involved is indeed very limited.

Benny a 17 killed himself in the UK recently. He had been taunted since age 12 on social media because he wasn't allowed to play clash of clans or one of those games.
Social media for teenagers can be lethal.
Good to see the LLS doing the decent thing

You clearly think you know the dangers, so wind your neck in. You have flippantly linked this incident with two high profile cases where people were charged with very, very serious crimes. Now, if you think that you are using social media responsibly then you clearly don't understand the dangers. I wonder what your motive was for starting this thread after the last one was pulled. Had you not repeated the same point enough times?
That was never a square ball!!