Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2009, 12:24:55 AM
Manager or puppet - you decide.
To be fair to him it was a beaten docket early in the second half so lets say he was preserving his players for the final rather than bowing to pressure.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2009, 11:13:39 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 20, 2009, 10:58:27 AM
St. Gall's by 22.
Not bad.

It would appear this failed footballer knows more than some would think.

In all seriousness, St. Gall's are streets ahead of any of the teams in this competition. Anything other than massive 20+ point victories and you would have to ask questions.

I think the Ulster council should borrow and amend an idea from the camogs.

The Antrim senior champions (this year Dunloy) automatically qualify for All-Ireland senior series.

Senior champions from Derry and Down plus Antrim intermediate champions play in Ulster intermediate competition.

Senior champions from Armagh, Tyrone and possibly Fermanagh, Intermediate champions from Derry and Down plus Antrim junior champions play in Ulster Junior A competition.

Other senior champions plus junior champions in Down play in Ulster junior B.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

johnneycool

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 21, 2009, 12:30:58 PM
St. Gall's by 22.
Not bad.

The Antrim senior champions (this year Dunloy) automatically qualify for All-Ireland senior series.

As if its not bad enough that the Antrim club champions get home advantage every year, you want them straight into the AI series.
Arsehole.

saffron sam2

Quote from: johnneycool on October 21, 2009, 01:25:09 PM
St. Gall's by 22.
Not bad.

As if its not bad enough that the Antrim club champions get home advantage every year, you want them straight into the AI series.
Arsehole.

It would appear that my proposal for the Antrim champions has pretty much been the case since the inception of the competition anyway.

But you keep living the lie and hurling abuse if that helps.

johnneycool

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 21, 2009, 01:32:26 PM
St. Gall's by 22.
Not bad.

Arsehole.

It would appear that my proposal for the Antrim champions has pretty much been the case since the inception of the competition anyway.

Well going by your own logic, is there any point in Antrim pushing themselves forward for the Liam McCarthy or indeed for the AI senior club series as since its inception they've only managed to get a winner once and that was when the final was played in Casement?

saffron sam2

Quote from: johnneycool on October 21, 2009, 02:33:49 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 21, 2009, 01:32:26 PM
St. Gall's by 22.
Not bad.

Arsehole.

Well going by your own logic, is there any point in Antrim pushing themselves forward for the Liam McCarthy or indeed for the AI senior club series as since its inception they've only managed to get a winner once and that was when the final was played in Casement?

No at the minute there is no point in Antrim entering the Liam McCarthy Cup; they are too far behind the leading teams. The whole AI hurling championship should be restructured as well IMHO but that's another debate for another day.

In fairness, with the exception of Rossa recently, Antrim teams normally do compete fairly well in the AI club series; Rossa and Dunloy have both made finals. How many Down clubs have made that step up?

Interestingly you choose to leave out the fact that Loughgiel won the AI club after a replay. Was the first game also played in Casement?

johnneycool

I'd have expected an Antrim man to know that the Loughgiel AI victory was a replay against St Rynaghs. Do you also know what their winning margin was in the Ulster final that year?

The last time a Down club got to the AI-semi final they were beaten by Newtownshandrum by a whole two points.

My point being is that club wise the Ulster championship has been fairly competitive just as you point out the the Ulster representatives are fairly competitive when it comes to the AI series, and if the Ulster council were to do the thing a bit fairer then maybe, just maybe the Down and Derry teams would get a fairer crack of the whip.

Its not the cake walk you make it out to be.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on October 21, 2009, 03:45:21 PM
I'd have expected an Antrim man to know that the Loughgiel AI victory was a replay against St Rynaghs. Do you also know what their winning margin was in the Ulster final that year?

The last time a Down club got to the AI-semi final they were beaten by Newtownshandrum by a whole two points.

My point being is that club wise the Ulster championship has been fairly competitive just as you point out the the Ulster representatives are fairly competitive when it comes to the AI series, and if the Ulster council were to do the thing a bit fairer then maybe, just maybe the Down and Derry teams would get a fairer crack of the whip.

Its not the cake walk you make it out to be.
Wouldn't want him.

No match report by the Galls bainisteoir from last night?

milltown row

we were crap first half and Dungannon were good value for being level.

we had a great first ten minutes of the second half,  we scored 3 goals and 4 points.

7 players that played against Cavan Gaels are fcuked, real tired and hopefully they should be recovered for Sunday.

still without suspended and injured players for that game, but hopefully we can get a result, i hope ya's are all down in Newry this Sunday. such is the interest ::)

Clár Fograí

I need to be in Casement myself, but wish St. Gall's all the very best in Newry.  Give it a lash boys for Antrims sake.
Anyone for tea? Close that F**king gate quick.  Hi Tyrone, FFS stop eating all the Mars bars.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: milltown row on October 21, 2009, 08:44:45 PM
we were crap first half and Dungannon were good value for being level.

we had a great first ten minutes of the second half,  we scored 3 goals and 4 points.

7 players that played against Cavan Gaels are fcuked, real tired and hopefully they should be recovered for Sunday.

still without suspended and injured players for that game, but hopefully we can get a result, i hope ya's are all down in Newry this Sunday. such is the interest ::)
I'll be there. Was there for the second half last night. They hardly struck a ball from what I saw. If your lads shake off the tiredness youse will be too much for Middletown I'd say.

saffron sam2

I like the way the moderator changed the posts above to take out much of johnneycool's over the top reaction, but left in his use of the word 'arsehole'.

Is the mod trying to tell us something?

johnneycool

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 22, 2009, 02:36:32 PM
I like the way the moderator changed the posts above to take out much of johnneycool's over the top reaction, but left in his use of the word 'arsehole'.

Is the mod trying to tell us something?

Didn't even realise that he/she did that and granted I may have been a tad over the top but sometimes its hard to read such condescending pooh from someone with nothing more than a passing interest in hurling but excels at the slurry agitation.

ExiledGael

Cavan it is then, not bad for starters but it'll certainly not be easy. We'll be under no illusions after last year anyway. Semi-final game if we win will be tough but we've reason for optimism against any of Monaghan/Derry/Armagh.

Is the relegation play-off tonight? Can anyone keep us updated? Massive game.

Caid

I should hopefully get the odd text update.  I'll try to stick them up as I receive them
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written