The Masters - 2024

Started by lurganblue, April 09, 2024, 10:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: mouview on April 13, 2024, 12:42:05 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on April 12, 2024, 11:00:01 PMAwful rubbish. He has no business being anywhere near the water on 11 it's as if he has never played the course before. Too many missed short putts and too many   brain farts. Will probably do the usual and end up with a couple of good rounds to finish in the top 5 after he has played himself out of contention. Defo needs a proper caddy to sort his head out.

Got a complete schooling from Scheffler on course management. That trip to see Butch in Vegas doesn't appear to have improved much.

His course management has always been atrocious. I remember Jay Haas calling it yrs ago and Rory couldn't handle his criticism. That was way back when he had JP on the bag who was also just a yes man. Funnily enough one of the few times he really needed to go for it was that last round at st Andrews a couple of yrs back and for whatever reason didn't.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Scheffler showing without doubt who's boss

screenexile

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on April 13, 2024, 08:21:23 PMScheffler showing without doubt who's boss

Everyone struggling this is great viewing!

quit yo jibbajabba

This keeps going mcilroys gona waken up in the lead 🤣🤣

Saffrongael

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 13, 2024, 10:47:56 PMThis keeps going mcilroys gona waken up in the lead 🤣🤣

Currently 2000/1 to win if you fancy it

I'm just waiting for Paul McGinley to say if he starts well tomorrow he has a great chance  :(
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Tony Baloney

Scheffler was determined to leave no excitement in this back 9.

quit yo jibbajabba

Four of them at 6 under it was nicely poised, now not so much....

Milltown Row2

Scottie is just motoring along with absolutely no emotion in his play.

Steve davis style!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sans pessimism

Had a major punt on him yesterday when he doubled and drifted to 7/2
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2024, 11:26:37 PMScottie is just motoring along with absolutely no emotion in his play.

Steve davis style!
Not too high and not too low seems to work nicely for him.

An Watcher

A great achievement from a great player but he does remind me of Steve interesting Davis.  I hate it when the back 9 becomes a procession

Tony Baloney

Quote from: An Watcher on April 14, 2024, 11:55:07 PMA great achievement from a great player but he does remind me of Steve interesting Davis.  I hate it when the back 9 becomes a procession
The broadcasters must hate it!

jcpen

McIlroy might actually never win a Masters.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

lurganblue

I actually turned it off with a couple of holes to go. Scheffler was never going to lose that and the chasing pack were mostly crumbling.

That swing follow through of scheffler's is mad. It looks to be an injury waiting to happen.

square_ball

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 14, 2024, 11:58:38 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on April 14, 2024, 11:55:07 PMA great achievement from a great player but he does remind me of Steve interesting Davis.  I hate it when the back 9 becomes a procession
The broadcasters must hate it!

Yeah its hard to beat a back 9 meltdown at one of the Majors. Never looked likely from Scheffler.