The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 02, 2017, 09:17:47 AM
Klopp is doing well to still be in a job in all seriousness.

He's not Roy Hodgson in all seriousness

Taylor

A defeat on Saturday would widen the gap in making the top 4.
Pressure would really be on.

But then the pace & and appetite Liverpool have is usually phenomenal against other top 6 teams - its teams outside of this group that cause the issues

J70

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 02, 2017, 09:17:47 AM
Klopp is doing well to still be in a job in all seriousness.

By that logic, Ponchettino and Mourinho are doing well too. They went through long stretches of poor results this season. A month ago Guardiola was being questioned.

AZOffaly

Sure Conte was being shown the door in September!

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 02, 2017, 12:55:11 PM
Sure Conte was being shown the door in September!

Thankfully, in most cases, the clubs are a wee bit more realistic and considered than the fans.

The Stallion

In Chelsea's case I dont think Conte deserved to be sacked in September.

With Liverpool however it is clear Klopp should have been sacked over a year ago. It's nothing to do with knee jerk reaction or trophy hungry fans. Klopp just isn't a very good manager, time won't change that.

Dire Ear

In all honesty, a poor performance v Arsenal and questions will be asked about where we're going

The Stallion

Not sure why one result against a good team would affect whether questions are asked. Questions should have been asked over a year ago and a decision arrived at to sack him.

rodney trotter

Liverpool are the only side in the top 6 with no cup football, so should be fresh. They finished 8th last season, which was poor ,but given lee way as it was Kloop first season and that he took over in October.

The pressure will be on him next season.

trueblue1234

Chopping and changing a manager isn't the best policy. It's not as if Liverpool are going to have a row of World class managers lining up to take over. Who is out there now that would be,

A) Available
B)Willing to take Liverpool
c) Better track record than Klopp

The top 4 is as competitive now as it's ever been. Liverpool don't have the finances of City, United and Chelsea and are never going to be able to compete financially with them. So we aren't going to be able to just buy the top talent. So far with the budget Klopp had he has done well over the whole season. 2017 has been poor but if he turns that around and finishes in the top 4 then that will be a resounding success given the quality of the top 6. The start of the year spiked the expectations and might be biting Klopp on the arse now. But if he manages to steady the ship and achieve CLF next year then that is a good achievement and progress. Of course if he doesn't pull us out of the slump and we continue dropping down the table then the pressure will mount. But he should get another transfer window as a minimum to see if he could build on some of the football played earlier in the year.
No one that Liverpool bring in is going to automatically catapult us to winning the league (Ranini was a complete 1 off). And if that's the bar that we are judging managers on, then every single one would fail. Despite the demand for instant success I would rather see constant progress. Even if it's a bit at a time.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Minus15

Quote from: The Stallion on March 02, 2017, 02:26:34 PM
Not sure why one result against a good team would affect whether questions are asked. Questions should have been asked over a year ago and a decision arrived at to sack him.

Over a year ago he should have been sacked? So 4 months into his regime what had he done to warrant getting sacked? Was it lifting a team going nowhere under Rodgers that couldn't score goals, turning them into a hardworking, entertaining side with resounding away victories at the likes of City and Chelsea?

Come on, I would like to see your justification for that one. This was all before the summer transfer window where he supposedly wasted 60m and didn't clear out enough deadwood even though it was in fact a summer that Liverpool did their best outgoing business for many years.

This was all before Henderson moved to the holding role and Milner to left back. It was also before Mignolet got given a new contract.

Are you seriously saying that Liverpool should have sacked a manager 4 months into the job when he was clearly improving the performances of the team not withstanding a couple of poor results against the likes of Watford and Palace.

You are deluded and the fact that you would rather be proved right than see Liverpool win shows how you are no more a Liverpool fan and nothing more than an ignorant troll.

overdabar

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 02, 2017, 03:40:53 PM
Chopping and changing a manager isn't the best policy. It's not as if Liverpool are going to have a row of World class managers lining up to take over. Who is out there now that would be,

A) Available

The top 4 is as competitive now as it's ever been. Liverpool don't have the finances of City, United and Chelsea and are never going to be able to compete financially with them. So we aren't going to be able to just buy the top talent. So far with the budget Klopp had he has done well over the whole season. 2017 has been poor but if he turns that around and finishes in the top 4 then that will be a resounding success given the quality of the top 6. The start of the year spiked the expectations and might be biting Klopp on the arse now. But if he manages to steady the ship and achieve CLF next year then that is a good achievement and progress. Of course if he doesn't pull us out of the slump and we continue dropping down the table then the pressure will mount. But he should get another transfer window as a minimum to see if he could build on some of the football played earlier in the year.
No one that Liverpool bring in is going to automatically catapult us to winning the league (Ranini was a complete 1 off). And if that's the bar that we are judging managers on, then every single one would fail. Despite the demand for instant success I would rather see constant progress. Even if it's a bit at a time.
But but but...he played caulker up front for 5 mins

The Stallion

I am a Liverpool fan, I just don't blindly accept the dung Klopp serves up like the rest of you.

To be honest I wouldn't have given him the job in the first place, I wasn't a fan of his Dortmund side. But yes, after 4 months into the job at Liverpool it was clear he didn't know what he was doing. By that stage it was evident that he rated dross like Henderson and couldn't organise the defence.

Thinking Henderson is a good footballer is reason enough to sack him in my book, as it points to a basic lack of understanding of the game.

J70

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 02, 2017, 03:40:53 PM

A) Available

A very reasonable, sensible post. :)

trueblue1234

Quote from: The Stallion on March 02, 2017, 04:13:44 PM
I am a Liverpool fan, I just don't blindly accept the dung Klopp serves up like the rest of you.

To be honest I wouldn't have given him the job in the first place, I wasn't a fan of his Dortmund side. But yes, after 4 months into the job at Liverpool it was clear he didn't know what he was doing. By that stage it was evident that he rated dross like Henderson and couldn't organise the defence.

Thinking Henderson is a good footballer is reason enough to sack him in my book, as it points to a basic lack of understanding of the game.

Aggghhhh I feel like I'm falling down the rabbit hole but.....

You were blindly ignoring the football that Liverpool played before Christmas. They were playing nice football and scoring goals. And were competing at the top of the table. You didn't want Klopp to get the role so, you obviously had a bias against him. Which is grand, opinions and all that!! But you clearly ignored any positive improvements during that time and clung on to a few random "facts" that you used to try and justify your dislike for him.

Actually I can't be bothered going on, I was going to discuss the Henderson thing but whats the point. We'll agree to disagree and if Liverpool do go into a slump then I'm going to come on and post positive things, constantly, and with no rationale.

Actually no, I prob won't do that.   
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit