Tailteann Cup 2023

Started by Laoiseabu, May 01, 2023, 02:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

We're lucky to have him. How else would we know how much of wasteland we have become. A visionary amongst the blind. I like him. Won't lie. Still probably getting the boot

Joeythelips

Quote from: High Fielder on June 13, 2023, 11:32:53 PM
We're lucky to have him. How else would we know how much of wasteland we have become. A visionary amongst the blind. I like him. Won't lie. Still probably getting the boot

I don't like or dislike him personally, he certainly owes Laois nothing given his inter county career. I always thought he got a lot of unfair stick as a player. As a coach he will judged on results and although Laois may not be in a great place in terms of talent on the player front, its clear he is not up to the level required to prepare an inter county team. He seems like a passionate fella and is probably a decent motivator but you need a lot more at inter county level in this day an age. Id like to think he will prove the critics wrong and Laois might even get to the final and give it a right tilt and Billy will learn as he goes but Im not even confident they will beat Limerick if Im honest.

High Fielder

I haven't seen or heard what he said, but I'm assuming he believes there's a lot more wrong than him. If that is what he's saying, I agree with him. In actual fact, talk about Sheehan is deflecting from the real issues that need to be discussed. By any measure it's been a miserable time for this county in recent years. And our Chairman is anonymous. Not a word to be said. His counterpart in Offaly is out there and making things happen. If you want the job, you have to show what you're about.

Laois man

Had he anything to say why he abused line men and Refs and gets send to the stands in most game?

Chrimtain

The spirit in that team is amazing.

Joeythelips

Fair play, just watched on GAAGo and Laois pulled it out of the fire when it really mattered. They might lack in certain areas but lack of effort was not going to be their downfall. Very clever goal by Murphy near the end when Limerick were wasting time and playing keep ball and he intercepted a pass to the keeper. It summed Laois up in the second half as they didn't panic and waited for the right time to strike.

Being on of his biggest critics I have to say Billy got tactics spot on too in fairness and used the bench to great effect in the final quarter where the game was won. I think we scored 1-5 without reply at the end of the game which sums it up really and the margin of victory could have been even greater but for a great save by the Limerick keeper from Sean O'Flynn who made a great charge through the middle of the defence. A brilliant win for players and management, fair play to all involved.

I know people will say it was only Limerick and the likes of Meath, Cavan or Down is a big step up but it was clear the Fermanagh win gave the team a huge boost of confidence and this will bring them on even further still. Laois will be underdogs again in the semi final which will suit them, dark horses for the cup now.

thegreeenandgold

Great to win
Fair play to players
But Limerick butchered 5/6 goal chances

blueandwhite1

Quote from: thegreeenandgold on June 17, 2023, 06:13:35 PM
Great to win
Fair play to players
But Limerick butchered 5/6 goal chances

Limerick looked decent and well organized. However, Laois were good for long periods and were dominant when it mattered. This team could have thrown the towel in after London but have stayed in the fight.

on the hop

So it's down or Meath in the next round

Chrimtain

Quote from: on the hop on June 17, 2023, 07:37:46 PM

What about Antrim or Carlow?

Joeythelips

Quote from: on the hop on June 17, 2023, 07:37:46 PM

What about the winners of Antrim v Carlow?

Tier2

It has to be either Meath or down as they have played against each other before and cannot be drawn against each other again.
Winner of Antrim or Carlow Will play either of the 2 as well

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Tier2 on June 17, 2023, 08:05:24 PM
It has to be either Meath or down as they have played against each other before and cannot be drawn against each other again.

Are you sure it's not an open draw ? I'd be really really hoping to avoid Meath and Down . The other team will more than likely be Antrim who would be our best draw by far

Tier2

Quote from: Laoiseabu on June 17, 2023, 08:17:59 PM
Quote from: Tier2 on June 17, 2023, 08:05:24 PM

Are you sure it's not an open draw ? I'd be really really hoping to avoid Meath and Down . The other team will more than likely be Antrim who would be our best draw by far

I'm very sure as we were not able to draw Cavan also.
Just seen in mentioned on the LT report also
Unfortunate as either down or Meath would be the least wanted draw

imtommygunn

I think it's an open draw. Theoretically three teams from one group could be in the semi final so I think because of that there isn't the same rule in the semi finals...

I think