Price of Oil

Started by trueblue1234, January 19, 2016, 05:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: five points on March 09, 2020, 11:06:37 AM
I'm old enough to remember the furore when it broke £1 a gallon.

;D

Remember my father, Lord Rest Him, asking the petrol pump attendant for a 'pound's worth'. Can still remember the green shield stamps and before that again, the World Cup '70 coins!! 

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on March 09, 2020, 01:47:00 PM

;D

Remember my father, Lord Rest Him, asking the petrol pump attendant for a 'pound's worth'. Can still remember the green shield stamps and before that again, the World Cup '70 coins!!

You're an auld fart though Rufus  ;D

Rufus T Firefly

square_ball

Quote from: giveherlong on March 09, 2020, 11:08:44 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 09, 2020, 10:46:09 AM
I see the home heating oil has come down lately. Got 500 litres about 3 weeks ago for 225. It's now 205.

£195 with LCC this morning

£195 for delivery on Thursday or £258 for delivery in the morning. Some difference there.

armaghniac

The reduction will be  less noticeable in the  6 counties because the £ has fallen.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

MayoBuck

Diesel was €1.14 around Ballina last weekend and less in other parts of Mayo. A long time since it was that price.

Shame there are no league games to travel to on the other side of the country!

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on March 09, 2020, 01:47:00 PM

;D

I remember my Da getting ten bobs worth. I have the full set of those World Cup coins on a chart somewhere at home, along with a number of the old A&BC orange back football cards. EBay purchases.
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on March 19, 2020, 12:37:36 AM
The reduction will be  less noticeable in the  6 counties because the £ has fallen.

I take it you haven't been on the roads, there is no one driving so no one using any fuel
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sensethetone

North sea crude oil $25 per barrel, it's not paying to produce. Que shortages and extortionate prices. ::)

OgraAnDun

Quote from: sensethetone on March 19, 2020, 07:58:11 AM
North sea crude oil $25 per barrel, it's not paying to produce. Que shortages and extortionate prices. ::)

Doubtful, I read an article in the FT stating that in a few months, the worlds storage capacity will be exhausted. That means there's nowhere for the oil to go, and the Saudis and Russians are pumping huge amounts into the market.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 19, 2020, 10:53:48 AM

Doubtful, I read an article in the FT stating that in a few months, the worlds storage capacity will be exhausted. That means there's nowhere for the oil to go, and the Saudis and Russians are pumping huge amounts into the market.

Thought it was always a supply and demand thing, if there's no demand then prices go down?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2020, 11:56:02 AM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 19, 2020, 10:53:48 AM

Thought it was always a supply and demand thing, if there's no demand then prices go down?

You can wait out the periods of low demand by storing the oil, but that's pretty much at capacity. Add in a glut of supply to a low demand situation and....

I don't think North Sea crude is going to have any meaningful influence on the price! I'm no expert though on production levels there though so happy to be proven wrong. In the long run it might bite us in the arse as shale producers in the US go bust, but if prices ever recover to $60/barrel, I'm sure they'll just restart those fields again.

BennyCake

Is heating oil likely to go up or down in the coming days?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on March 19, 2020, 01:04:51 PM
Is heating oil likely to go up or down in the coming days?

bought some recently. seems lower than last time

RadioGAAGAA

Have the local oil companies caught up to the barrel price yet?
i usse an speelchekor