Gardening

Started by 118cmal, June 25, 2010, 02:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

Quote from: bigfrank on May 13, 2020, 06:26:53 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on May 13, 2020, 11:19:53 AM
Quote from: bigfrank on April 21, 2020, 09:36:54 PM
Got a bucket of fertiliser off my father in law earlier,gonna sew it out 2Moro by hand as don't have a spreader,should be ok if I scatter equally right?? Should I soak the lawn first,always thought farmers wanted rain before they put it on fields. Then continue to water few times 2Moro and each day then??

It's not overly long but maybe should cut it first,maybe rake away moss and loose stones etc,spend hour or two doing some prep.

How did you get on with the fertiliser? Got a few buckets myself and thinking of getting it on to green it up a bit. All moss/fog gone so just left with a few thin/bare patches

It's getting there slowly,I wouldn't have great patience tho lol. Near two weeks from I raked it to within an inch of its life,sewed grass seed and fertiliser,water it daily as there had been very little rain,not sure if I should be watering it more tho,can you over water grass in weather like this??

Gonna let it grow fairly long,maybe take a light cut off it and ket clippings stay on it,heard this may help,stay tuned....
I await with excitement your next update  :D

bigfrank

Quote from: bogball88 on May 14, 2020, 04:46:40 PM
Quote from: bigfrank on May 13, 2020, 06:26:53 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on May 13, 2020, 11:19:53 AM
Quote from: bigfrank on April 21, 2020, 09:36:54 PM
Got a bucket of fertiliser off my father in law earlier,gonna sew it out 2Moro by hand as don't have a spreader,should be ok if I scatter equally right?? Should I soak the lawn first,always thought farmers wanted rain before they put it on fields. Then continue to water few times 2Moro and each day then??

It's not overly long but maybe should cut it first,maybe rake away moss and loose stones etc,spend hour or two doing some prep.

Maybe il do a daily blog,audience seems to be there for it  ;D ;D

How did you get on with the fertiliser? Got a few buckets myself and thinking of getting it on to green it up a bit. All moss/fog gone so just left with a few thin/bare patches

It's getting there slowly,I wouldn't have great patience tho lol. Near two weeks from I raked it to within an inch of its life,sewed grass seed and fertiliser,water it daily as there had been very little rain,not sure if I should be watering it more tho,can you over water grass in weather like this??

Gonna let it grow fairly long,maybe take a light cut off it and ket clippings stay on it,heard this may help,stay tuned....
I await with excitement your next update  :D

screenexile

Times have fair changed lads!!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on May 14, 2020, 11:13:50 PM
Times have fair changed lads!!!
Indeed. The missus has now taken up gardening beyond her usual "you'd need to get the grass cut" or "you missed a bit when you were strimming". To be fair the place has never looked tidier.

Jim Bob

Went to buy a couple of pigs last week to be told that quite a number of people have bought to keep for 3 or 4 months before they go to the slaughterhouse. People with a small piece of ground had the time to throw up a fence and electric wire and go from there.

BennyCake

Backstard slugs eating the shite out of my carrots.

Any eco friendly methods of keeping these bollixes away?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyCake on May 22, 2020, 07:11:28 PM

Have heard both dried seaweed and small tray of beer works. Salt too obviously but can be messy  8)

macdanger2

Get a jar, bury it so the top is level with the soil and fill 3/4 with beer. You'll have loads of them in there in the morning

Nanderson

Anyone got any experience in using Iron Sulphate to help remove moss in garden?

trueblue1234

Yeah good job. But an unsightly mess once down. Turns the moss black so things get worse before they get better. But once raked out and reseeded it tidied up a great job.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

snoopdog

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 22, 2020, 08:25:17 PM

Have heard both dried seaweed and small tray of beer works. Salt too obviously but can be messy  8)
Yep if you can spare the beer. It works a treat.

Jim Bob

Anyone any solution to eradicating weeds growing through tarmac?

APM

You have to get them when they are small.  I burn them off with a gas weed burner.  Something like this. 
https://www.homebargains.co.uk/products/10690-gosystem-weed-burner-wb2012.aspx

If you spray them first, wait till they brown off and then burn them after some decent weather it should clean the place up a bit.

bogball88

what will take rust staining out of patio tiles? Hypochlorite?

TabClear

Quote from: bogball88 on June 14, 2020, 04:52:25 PM
what will take rust staining out of patio tiles? Hypochlorite?

I've used Oxalic acid in the past. Worked well but you need to be careful. It's potent stuff and gives off nasty fumes.

https://www.sfgate.com/homeandgarden/article/Oxalic-acid-busts-rust-stains-but-needs-cautious-2786877.php