Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Easy enough all through the game, Celtic didn't have to break sweat,  KR looked a bit stiff in the joints.
Home is an advantage even without the crowd. The away team has to be quarantined in a Glasgow hotel until the game.

JPGJOHNNYG

tyroneman

Celtic badly need a creative player to unlock the low block / 11 behind the ball teams.

Rogic has the talent, but not the legs, Ntcham has it in flashes but neither seem to be the answer for Lenny.

illdecide

Quote from: tyroneman on August 19, 2020, 09:14:59 AM
Celtic badly need a creative player to unlock the low block / 11 behind the ball teams.

Rogic has the talent, but not the legs, Ntcham has it in flashes but neither seem to be the answer for Lenny.

Would agree with that, Rogic for me if he had pace would be something else but for a professional soccer player he's quite slow. Ntcham is v good but seems to be always looking for the impossible pass instead of keeping it simple until it's time for the "special pass" if you know what i mean. Playing better teams that pose a threat i'd def play Brown 10/10 but see the weaker teams that you're going to have 75% possession against then Ntcham should start and let Brown put the feet up and slippers on.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Rogic isn't the playmaker type and unfortunately has been crocked for a good while now.

I doubt if Cetic's season will depend on their ability to break down defensive teams. Last season  in europe it was  losing to Cluj, Copenahagen  both not bigger teams and  in essence it took Forster to beat Lazio  twice.
in Scotland it was those two games against Rangers when Rangers were the better team, tactically better set up and  troubled Celtic with a  bog standard high press. Frimpong being about the only player to take the ball out.
Against Copenhagen at home I suppose midfield was bereft,  Christie was injured, Ntcham suspended,  and on the pitch Rogic half fit or half unfilt,  Brown wasn't match fit and an awful mistake let Copenhagen in.

Angelo

Quote from: Main Street on August 19, 2020, 02:27:48 PM
Rogic isn't the playmaker type and unfortunately has been crocked for a good while now.

I doubt if Cetic's season will depend on their ability to break down defensive teams. Last season  in europe it was  losing to Cluj, Copenahagen  both not bigger teams and  in essence it took Forster to beat Lazio  twice.
in Scotland it was those two games against Rangers when Rangers were the better team, tactically better set up and  troubled Celtic with a  bog standard high press. Frimpong being about the only player to take the ball out.
Against Copenhagen at home I suppose midfield was bereft,  Christie was injured, Ntcham suspended,  and on the pitch Rogic half fit or half unfilt,  Brown wasn't match fit and an awful mistake let Copenhagen in.

Forrest and Elyonoussi are the biggest concerns for me. I don't rate either of them highly but Forrest is undroppable for Lennon no matter how poorly he plays or how longs he played poorly for. We need two more players in those wide areas and a centre half before the window closes, probably a left back also.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

toby47

Looks like Tom Rogic could be on his way to the middle east for £4 million

illdecide

Mikey Johnston would probably keep them two honest but it's worrying for someone so young to have those injury problems...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

If we can get 4 million for Rogic that is great business

tyroneman

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 19, 2020, 03:24:55 PM

Absolutley - if he's out of Lenny's plans take the money and re-invest in Turnbull

toby47

Quote from: tyroneman on August 19, 2020, 03:30:41 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 19, 2020, 03:24:55 PM

Absolutley - if he's out of Lenny's plans take the money and re-invest in Turnbull

How much would Turnbull cost? was the chat last season £3.5 million?

Angelo

Would be very disappointed to see Rogic go, he's out of favour with Lennon but he is better than the likes of Christie and Brown are.

Lennon is very regimented in his side. There's a huge difference in the type of culture that exists between himself and Rodgers. Lennon will pick his favourites consistently irrespective of form or fitness, Rodgers operated a meritocracy which is how guys like Armstrong, Rogic and Christie among others were able to come in out of the cold and cement their place.

Lennon leaves the fringe players sitting on the sideline and persists with out of form players. Christie has been very poor since the game at Ibrox last December, Rogic should have been afforded a lot more chances in the meantime. He does suffer from niggles but was on the bench for the majority of games last season.

Forrest has been sure for the guts of a year now, we've jettisoned off Shved and Bayo without either being given a proper go at Celtic. If he have to watch another season of James Forrest passing the buck then I will pull my hair out.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on August 19, 2020, 04:10:10 PM
Would be very disappointed to see Rogic go, he's out of favour with Lennon but he is better than the likes of Christie and Brown are.

Lennon is very regimented in his side. There's a huge difference in the type of culture that exists between himself and Rodgers. Lennon will pick his favourites consistently irrespective of form or fitness, Rodgers operated a meritocracy which is how guys like Armstrong, Rogic and Christie among others were able to come in out of the cold and cement their place.

Lennon leaves the fringe players sitting on the sideline and persists with out of form players. Christie has been very poor since the game at Ibrox last December, Rogic should have been afforded a lot more chances in the meantime. He does suffer from niggles but was on the bench for the majority of games last season.

Forrest has been sure for the guts of a year now, we've jettisoned off Shved and Bayo without either being given a proper go at Celtic. If he have to watch another season of James Forrest passing the buck then I will pull my hair out.

10 goals and 14 assists in 28 league games last season. I will be happy with that return again this season

Main Street

Rogic scored 3 goals last season and isn't the ball playing midfielder type that's of the standard to face anything other than the also rans in the SPL. He's more of an attacking midfielder.
Celtic problem when they face decent teams is getting the ball out from defence under pressure,  either the ball goes backwards or lumped forward. Even Gerrard has copped onto that one.  Maybe Lennon is thinking about using 3 centre halfs and the 2 full backs.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 19, 2020, 04:24:43 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 19, 2020, 04:10:10 PM

10 goals and 14 assists in 28 league games last season. I will be happy with that return again this season

Christie? I'd like to see the spread of those, he lost his form badly toward the tail end of the season and he takes a lot of set plays. I'd imagine Rogic returns similar stats in the same minutes played and Rogic has a pedigree for scoring goals in really big games over the year. Christie is a decent player but his form fell off a cliff after the turn of the year and Rogic should have been afforded a run. If given the choice I'd have Ntcham and Rogic over him, ideally the form player should get the shirt and Christie has been the form player for a lot of that time but his levels have dropped for a decent while now yet he's still an automatic pick - this would not have been the case under Rodgers.