Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 04, 2009, 11:55:24 AM
:D a Cavan poster on a holidays thread!

Yeah we manage to get away the odd time aswell  8)

SidelineKick

Quote from: cavan4ever on June 04, 2009, 01:03:04 PM

;D I'm only messin' with ya.  You'll probably manage more holidays than I will  :(
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

tyrone girl

Derry Dolly Coronado is just out of the city if i remember correctly, pb and ob are all a good spin out of the city but theres a bridge takes u from city just over to coranado. Defnitely go there its absolutely gorgeous.  Also if ur in the city go see the top gun bar its not a far dander out of the city though im thinkin it may have burned down or something recently

cavan4ever

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 04, 2009, 01:11:34 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on June 04, 2009, 01:03:04 PM

;D I'm only messin' with ya.  You'll probably manage more holidays than I will  :(

Not this year :(

Hank Everlast

Anyone been to Praia da Rocha before? Headn there the end of june for 10 days.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Hank Everlast on June 04, 2009, 01:46:55 PM
Anyone been to Praia da Rocha before? Headn there the end of june for 10 days.

I was there 2 years ago but it was later in the year and was quiet enough.    You will get offered plenty of "smoke" as you walk along the strip.

bendurback

I was thinking of heading down to westport over the july bank holiday weekend, wee cheap excursion to tide me over until my week away in September. Can anyone reccommend any decent campsites that provide mobile homes, don't fancy the hassle of pitching a tent or sleeping in a tent for that matter.

flog the lot

Quote from: shezam on June 04, 2009, 02:02:07 PM
Thailand, any one any opinions / tips. What islands to visit, koh samui, ko phangan, ko phi phi etc, things to do etc.

Whats Bangkok like -worth stayng a few days in, have heard mixed reports.

i would get out of bangkok as quick as you can, it ok for a day or two before you go home to pick up some cheap shopping, but there not much else to do in it...

i though ko phi phi was the best place we went to in thailand, take a trip to maya bay from here, this is the place the film the beach was made
also enjoyed ko chang and ko samet

if you are in phuket make sue you do one of the day trips to james bond island.

SidelineKick

Quote from: flog the lot on June 04, 2009, 03:02:06 PM
if you are in phuket make sue you do one of the day trips to james bond island.

Phuket, sure why not!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

No1

Thinking about a stag in Munich around Octoberfest, what do you think?

stpauls

Quote from: No1 on June 04, 2009, 04:04:44 PM
Thinking about a stag in Munich around Octoberfest, what do you think?

would highly recommend it No1, though you would need to start booking it now as the hotel rooms run out very quickly, and the plane fares are very expensive around then as well.

if you aren't traveling with a lot of luggage, you could fly to Salzburg and take one of the regional trains to Munich, which run every hour from the Hauptbahnhof, and only take about 2.5 hours. and if you really want to slum it, you can always stay in 'The Tent'.  ;D

downtown

check out gohop.ie for cheap hols. some great deals on it. just booked vegas for a week in november for 540 euro, hotel and flight!!

cavan4ever

Quote from: bendurback on June 04, 2009, 02:44:01 PM
I was thinking of heading down to westport over the july bank holiday weekend, wee cheap excursion to tide me over until my week away in September. Can anyone reccommend any decent campsites that provide mobile homes, don't fancy the hassle of pitching a tent or sleeping in a tent for that matter.

You should talk to D4S he will sort you out  :D .

What is Westport like anyway?

D4S

Quote from: cavan4ever on June 04, 2009, 05:26:26 PM

Jesus Cavan you're mighty craic altogether!! Aye anyone else want to join us in the caravan :D?
Westport is a great spot, full of pubs which tends to be high up on my holiday criteria!

For anyone who can get a weeks break in teh next couple of weeks, there's loads of good deals on www.teletextholidays.co.uk  Package holidays goin saturday to saturday from around £230 a week per person...........as long as you aren't looking 5* accom in the algarve, most are 3* self catering iniza, Benidorm, Majorca, Gran Canaria etc.  But some really decent accom for around £320+ for a week, a lot cheaper than anything I was quoted at travel agents a couple of weeks ago!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

cavan4ever

Quote from: D4S on June 04, 2009, 05:46:14 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on June 04, 2009, 05:26:26 PM

Jesus Cavan you're mighty craic altogether!! Aye anyone else want to join us in the caravan :D?
Westport is a great spot, full of pubs which tends to be high up on my holiday criteria!

It would be like  Fr Ted  ;D