Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tyronelass on June 03, 2009, 06:18:16 PM
Heading on 3 week honeymoon to vegas, LA, Hawaii & San Fran in July & can't wait!  ;D

and as for the options, if u not set on going a particular place I'd say def wait & book something last minute.
Check out travelzoo.com, I've signed up & every week they email a top 20 list on best sales/ last minute things, from B&b's to cruises. Its one of the them emailing can't help but look at just incase something is just to good to refuse.  :-\

We're thinking of LA,Las Vegas and maybe San Fran for our honeymoon next year.
Who did you book with ?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

fitzroyalty

are these teletext hols as good as everyone says?? Any catches?? basically lookin a week or 2 away (for 2), cheap and hot, don't care where..teletxt the best bet?

Derry Dolly

Headn stateside for 5wks at end of july..hittin new york,chicago,san fran,la,san diego and vegas  ;D ;D ;D
cant wait..anyone any ideas of things to do/avoid..got stuff in mind but advice is welcomed? :)

tyrone girl

Quote from: fitzroyalty on June 03, 2009, 10:14:36 PM
are these teletext hols as good as everyone says?? Any catches?? basically lookin a week or 2 away (for 2), cheap and hot, don't care where..teletxt the best bet?

Yep if i was looking for that id defo go with the teletext hols, use the website. As i said before got £175 for turkey for a wk round the 12th july few years back. There was loads on offer, go from belfast, dub whereevers handiest. Just keep checking and something will come up

tyrone girl

Quote from: Derry Dolly on June 04, 2009, 09:42:50 AM
Headn stateside for 5wks at end of july..hittin new york,chicago,san fran,la,san diego and vegas  ;D ;D ;D
cant wait..anyone any ideas of things to do/avoid..got stuff in mind but advice is welcomed? :)

When ur in San Diego call into "The Field" , its a pub. Loved san fran , san diego and vegas but has been 4 years since been there so cant remember a lot to be honest. Im goin in september. Enjoy urself  :)

Derry Dolly

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 04, 2009, 09:49:41 AM

When ur in San Diego call into "The Field" , its a pub. Loved san fran , san diego and vegas but has been 4 years since been there so cant remember a lot to be honest. Im goin in september. Enjoy urself  :)

thanks!will do..unless ur trickin me into goin to some tyrone bar?? :D :D just jokin..ive been in san fran b4 but it was 5yrs ago an was much more reserved than i plan to be this time..aswel as being under 21!

tyrone girl

San Diego is unreal, loved it. Really liked La as well though was only briefly in it. Loved Vegas though 3 days max was more than enough for me.

D4S

I was in Thailand for 2 weeks in October on honeymoon so holiday this year is going to be a cheaper option!

However I can't wait, we are stickin my father-in-laws caravan onto the back of the car and going to hit Westport for a few days in July, then maybe head a bit further south for a day or 2, see how it goes! Most decent campsites around 22-26 euro a night...hope we get the weather :)

PS I am not a Traveller!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

cavan4ever

Quote from: D4S on June 04, 2009, 11:51:42 AM
I was in Thailand for 2 weeks in October on honeymoon so holiday this year is going to be a cheaper option!

However I can't wait, we are stickin my father-in-laws caravan onto the back of the car and going to hit Westport for a few days in July, then maybe head a bit further south for a day or 2, see how it goes! Most decent campsites around 22-26 euro a night...hope we get the weather :)

PS I am not a Traveller!

But your wife and her family are  :D

D4S

Quote from: cavan4ever on June 04, 2009, 11:53:32 AM
Quote from: D4S on June 04, 2009, 11:51:42 AM

PS I am not a Traveller!

But your wife and her family are  :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Walked into that...No they are not + it is actually a very nice caravan with all mod cons ;D!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

SidelineKick

:D a Cavan poster on a holidays thread!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

lfdown2

Quote from: Derry Dolly on June 04, 2009, 09:53:47 AM

thanks!will do..unless ur trickin me into goin to some tyrone bar?? :D :D just jokin..ive been in san fran b4 but it was 5yrs ago an was much more reserved than i plan to be this time..aswel as being under 21!

where you staying? for the best party area head out to pacific beach, street there (garnet) strip of bars leading down to the beach further up the same street further away from the beach theres the silver fox, used to do $2 drinks on thursdays (though thats 2 yrs ago) head out to coronado beautiful spot and deadly beach, ocean beach is pretty cool as well the 'hippy' area very chilled out, love the place lived there for a year and would go back in the morning, in the early stages of planning a trip next April - SD and vegas taking in Coachella music festival.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 03, 2009, 09:23:27 PM
Quote from: Tyronelass on June 03, 2009, 06:18:16 PM
Heading on 3 week honeymoon to vegas, LA, Hawaii & San Fran in July & can't wait!  ;D

and as for the options, if u not set on going a particular place I'd say def wait & book something last minute.
Check out travelzoo.com, I've signed up & every week they email a top 20 list on best sales/ last minute things, from B&b's to cruises. Its one of the them emailing can't help but look at just incase something is just to good to refuse.  :-\

We're thinking of LA,Las Vegas and maybe San Fran for our honeymoon next year.
Who did you book with ?

Go to San Fran before LA, in fact go anywhere really before LA. Yosemite & San Diego well worth a visit...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

stpauls

Quote from: ziggysego on June 03, 2009, 04:10:18 PM
I'm just gonna go to Germany for a few days. I like to take regular short breaks throughout the year, rather than use up all my holiday time in one fell swoop.

where you for Ziggy, and when?
i am heading out to Munich next month for the annual Gaelic tournament and to catch up with the mates out there.
looking forward to a few steins in the bier gardens and hopefully get to play a bit of ball as well!!

Derry Dolly

Quote from: lfdown2 on June 04, 2009, 12:07:21 PM
Quote from: Derry Dolly on June 04, 2009, 09:53:47 AM

where you staying? for the best party area head out to pacific beach, street there (garnet) strip of bars leading down to the beach further up the same street further away from the beach theres the silver fox, used to do $2 drinks on thursdays (though thats 2 yrs ago) head out to coronado beautiful spot and deadly beach, ocean beach is pretty cool as well the 'hippy' area very chilled out, love the place lived there for a year and would go back in the morning, in the early stages of planning a trip next April - SD and vegas taking in Coachella music festival.

stayin in pacific beach! how far is coronado?were stayin in san diego the longest, 9nights were as everywre else is bout 4nights per city so need plenty to do.
can anyone recommend any waterparks?is knotts berry farm any good?