Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Yip, well I think so, is there 2  :o? whats the best way to clean it?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

stpauls

Quote from: Square Ball on January 31, 2009, 01:16:10 PM
Yip, well I think so, is there 2  :o? whats the best way to clean it?

there should be one at the back of the pc, and a smaller one on the inside on the system board.
if it won't void your warranty, take off one of side covers and give it skite with the hoover. should do the job!

Square Ball

Ok will give it a bash later on, any thing I shouldnt do?

stpauls

Quote from: Square Ball on January 31, 2009, 01:51:29 PM
Ok will give it a bash later on, any thing I shouldnt do?

not really, just be careful where you put the nozzle, in case you knock or break something with it, but there shouldn't be much to it!!

ardmhachaabu

I wouldn't use a hoover, unless it's one of the small hand-held ones, there are too many loose wires and small cables that could get sucked away. 

I would wipe the dust away by hand, making sure I was grounded first.  To ensure that you are grounded, take the side off the case while it's still plugged into the wall and touch the power supply with both hands.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Square Ball

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 31, 2009, 02:47:16 PM
I wouldn't use a hoover, unless it's one of the small hand-held ones, there are too many loose wires and small cables that could get sucked away. 

I would wipe the dust away by hand, making sure I was grounded first.  To ensure that you are grounded, take the side off the case while it's still plugged into the wall and touch the power supply with both hands.

and I wont get  shock

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Square Ball

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 31, 2009, 12:46:06 PM
It probably just needs cleaned SB. I take it you are talking about the system fan and not the one on the CPU?

holy god there was some dust in the front of this, couldnt get the cover off so just cleaned the dust away from it. it was about half an inch thick so no bloody wonder the fan had to work overtime to keep it cool.

Thanks

bigfrank

In the very bottom right hand corner of my screen i have maybe 7 small icons that continuly pop up to tell me stuff bout my computer,how do i get rid of them or uninstall them??

Plus does anyone have a good system restore/clean/help that i could use to speed up my computer???

Square Ball

heeeelllllppppppppp

I think my computer is dieing, it keep freezing. I get these messages
Google update.exe application error.
the exception breakpoint
a breakpoint has been reached (0x800000003) occured in the application at location 0x00000006eof

adaware keep running and fining a mal;aware problem but it wont clean it. the it freezes and wont close properly. there is no recent restor point

help

Square Ball

posting differently to incase itt freezes again

also get Updclient.exe-application error. thr instruction at 0x7c884lee
ref mem 0x000000 the memory could not be written

ardmhachaabu

First, go to the windows update site and get all critical updates for your machine

Then download HijackThis.  Install it, then post the log file here and I will go through it and tell you what to remove

Also install CCleaner - run it and let it fix problems it finds

Main Street

Every Window update is a critical update  ;D

Used Spyware Doctor last night
available here for evaluation
http://rapidshare.com/files/246033883/Spyware.Doctor.with.Antivirus.6.0.1.445_by.tano1221.rar
it hovered up and exterminated every last critter lurking around the registry in one of our computers
and it's breathing normal now.
I don't know how good SWD is at border control but very good in the round up and mass slaughter.
I used adaware once, it did not work. All song and dance but ultimatly useless.

Square Ball

fuccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk

everytime I go into google and search it gets hijacked an i ger redirected

Main Street

You will have to use a clean computer to download the  detection and repair stuff
And disconnect from the internet on the dirthy computer when you are trying fix things.

One other alternative is to manually delete what adaware finds.
That might give you some breathing space.