Computer Help

Started by Armagh Cúchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh Cúchulainns

Having a problem with a computer, when its turned on, a message onscreen says

In Power Save Mode
Press any key or move or mouse

After hitting all buttons on the keyboard and moving the mouse, still nothing??

What Can i Do
Its all about the Hurling.

Armagh Cúchulainns

Its all about the Hurling.

C_Berg_316

Is it a laptop - if so try taking the battery out and connecting it to just the AC power and running it.
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

ardmhachaabu

Try looking in the BIOS to see if there is a Power Save option.  If there is, disable it.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

laceer

When i load an internet page there is a clicking sound as if i've clicked on the page 2 or 3 times - does anyone know what that is? Hopefully nothin mailicious

Minder

I am trying to connect my laptop to my tv to watch downloaded movies, i have managed to get my laptops wallpaper/background on the tv screen but nothing else is happening. Any ideas? It is probably something simple i am not doing.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tyrones own

It's the external monitor setting, I had the same problem when I first got the Setanta broadband, my wallpaper would flash
on to the screen but wouldn't play anything either.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

stpauls

Quote from: laceer on January 22, 2009, 09:10:16 PM
When i load an internet page there is a clicking sound as if i've clicked on the page 2 or 3 times - does anyone know what that is? Hopefully nothin mailicious

sounds like you have a bit of lag in your pc, it might not be a bad idea to do a de-frag and clean up of your machine to see if it makes a difference, and possibly increasing your virtual memory.

Quote from: Minder on January 26, 2009, 10:27:03 PM
I am trying to connect my laptop to my tv to watch downloaded movies, i have managed to get my laptops wallpaper/background on the tv screen but nothing else is happening. Any ideas? It is probably something simple i am not doing.

not sure how to sort this one, but check your monitor settings, and see if you can extend your desktop!! right click on your desktop, select properties, and go to display settings.

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM
Having a problem with a computer, when its turned on, a message onscreen says

In Power Save Mode
Press any key or move or mouse

After hitting all buttons on the keyboard and moving the mouse, still nothing??

What Can i Do

all i can suggest here is what the rest of the guys have said, and if they don't sort it, as a last resort, you can open up the pc, and reseed the BIOS battery. this may cause you to lose some data and settings so only use it as a last resort.

Pangurban

I have a Desktop Computer with Wireless Router and a Lap-Top which is Wi Fi enabled, do i need to connect anything to the Desktop  to get them to speak to each other and share Broadband etc. Any Advice appreciated. Have Googled the problem but find the explanations jargon heavy and difficult to understand

Tyrones own

http://chinese.giga-byte.com/FileList/Image/comm_diagram_b41g_flow_chart_300.jpg

That's how mine is hooked up, it's a shared network... if that's what you mean by speak to each other.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

stpauls

Quote from: Pangurban on January 26, 2009, 11:53:51 PM
I have a Desktop Computer with Wireless Router and a Lap-Top which is Wi Fi enabled, do i need to connect anything to the Desktop  to get them to speak to each other and share Broadband etc. Any Advice appreciated. Have Googled the problem but find the explanations jargon heavy and difficult to understand

Pangur, you should have gotten software with the router, which will need to be installed on the laptop first of all. the router will obviously have to be connected to your modem as well (should have said this first).  :-[
you can then connect your pc to the router, and you both machines can use the connection. if you want, you can then set up a sharing network so you can access your files on the laptop from the pc, and vice versa, as well as printers and scanners etc.

thebigfella

Quote from: stpauls on January 27, 2009, 10:46:23 AM

Pangur, you should have gotten software with the router, which will need to be installed on the laptop first of all. the router will obviously have to be connected to your modem as well (should have said this first).  :-[
you can then connect your pc to the router, and you both machines can use the connection. if you want, you can then set up a sharing network so you can access your files on the laptop from the pc, and vice versa, as well as printers and scanners etc.

That makes no sense at all. What is you fascination with wireless printers, scanners ect.. SP

Pangur does you wireless router connect directly to your Internet(broadband) connection/Phone socket/Cable .....? If so you have a wireless ADSL/Cable router which is little bit different to a wireless router.
Is your Laptop able to access the internet through your wireless router already?
How is your desktop connected to the router? Wireless or through a network cable (ethernet)?

You should not need to install any software either, Windows (if your using it) will have all it need to share connections, communicate with the router already.

stpauls

Quote from: thebigfella on January 27, 2009, 11:18:32 AM
Quote from: stpauls on January 27, 2009, 10:46:23 AM

That makes no sense at all. What is you fascination with wireless printers, scanners ect.. SP

Pangur does you wireless router connect directly to your Internet(broadband) connection/Phone socket/Cable .....? If so you have a wireless ADSL/Cable router which is little bit different to a wireless router.
Is your Laptop able to access the internet through your wireless router already?
How is your desktop connected to the router? Wireless or through a network cable (ethernet)?

You should not need to install any software either, Windows (if your using it) will have all it need to share connections, communicate with the router already.

well, the router i bought had software, so i suppose it depends on the type of router you have!!
the way i have mine setup is the broadband connection runs directly into my wireless router. my pc and printer are then also connected into the router using standard networking cables.
i then setup a home network, where i could share my files and printer, so they can be accessed from either machine.

Square Ball

problem with the fan, its been getting noisier over the past few months and its getting that its annoying everyone when its on at the same time as something good on the TV. Is it that the processsor is heating up too quick or the fan is fecked or something, in fact it s very noisy even when you switch it on
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ardmhachaabu

It probably just needs cleaned SB. I take it you are talking about the system fan and not the one on the CPU?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something