Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elk

Quote from: downjim on June 13, 2018, 09:49:50 AM
We need youth Niall McAleenan , Mickey Walsh and Conor Laverty. That's an exciting line up
With Laverty as player/manager

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: downjim on June 13, 2018, 09:49:50 AM
We need youth Niall McAleenan , Mickey Walsh and Conor Laverty. That's an exciting line up

Yer right there.

There is no point bringing in another fella who done his bit in the 90s, but has no worthwhile coaching track record in all the years since.

The younger fellas may not (yet) have established a good track record - but at least there is a chance that it is because of youth rather than simply being a bad/average coach!

i usse an speelchekor

downjim

Mulholland, Kennedy and Poacher as coach with Stevie locked in Friar Tucks during games

Smurfy123

A puss take if there ever was one. I'm all for young coaches getting a chance but Down need a stable head. Some of the names being fired around are laughable

supersub

In what way?

Have you any suggestions as to who would fit the bill?

Smurfy123

Poacher not a bad shout.
Would Wee Pete steady the ship along with poacher?
Well Walsh was with Mayobridge for 4/5 years never competed in a final as far as I know even in those 5 years.
Think it's time for Pete to come back

thewobbler

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 13, 2018, 05:22:16 PM
Poacher not a bad shout.
Well Walsh was with Mayobridge for 4/5 years never competed in a final as far as I know even in those 5 years.

Lol at Wee Pete. Just how many teams did she have to fail with before he can be crossed off the list?

Smurfy123

SHEEDY

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 13, 2018, 05:22:16 PM
Poacher not a bad shout.
Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 13, 2018, 05:40:53 PM
Your probably right wobbler

took you all of 18 minutes to change your mind about wee pete  ;D

nil satis nisi optimum

urbangael

John mcentee (he was interested before only the co board went for the cheap option) and let him bring his own backroom team.

He's the man to be the next down manager. Or let the county board take the bullshit backward approach and give it a 91/94 player. What's big witnall at these days?

downjim

We need to keep this in Down and have no Orchard men in our county. There are loads of good men if you look, would wee James take another shot at it.

Targetman

So yous all reckon the managerial dream team of Burns, Murray, Adams and whoever else is involved will be relieved of their duties, wudnt bet on it!! Oh sure throw Paul Mc Ivor's name in there too, swipe Kilcoo's manager again and chase him after a year!!

supersub

A strange post.

All County men in action tomorrow night. What does that say if anything?

forevergreen

Quote from: supersub on June 14, 2018, 08:54:05 AM
A strange post.

All County men in action tomorrow night. What does that say if anything?

Burns had no option other than to let them play tomorrow night. he would have lost more men from the panel had he starred the game. even for him to release some players and not others would have seen those released walking away at this stage. its a gamble in terms of possible injuries but nothing to lose at this stage.

Thought process would also be to allow them to get game time in with the clubs and in the hope that the players regained some confidence and composue before the Cavan game.

Otherwise they be facing into it with their last game the hiding last week and the mental scars that will surely have gone with it.