Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on July 15, 2023, 08:01:54 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 15, 2023, 06:18:27 AM
Quote from: Kidder81 on July 14, 2023, 09:18:01 PM
Even if Stormont returns what would normally be sent from the treasury as a Barnett consequential won't he used for any public sector pay deal. It will be used to pay off the hundreds of million of overspend that the MLAs gave us when last in Stormont

Exactly. Wasn't it 2 or 3 hundred million? The UK government won't let that happen again.

Are the Tory party punishing the people to try and get the DUP back to Stormont?

100% they are and John Campbell (economist reporter) mentioned it yesterday in the news as the only reason, why the uk are getting their pay increases is because they have a government, we don't..

It should be shouted from the roof tops, in every paper and all forms of media, unfortunately this place needs a sledgehammer to crack a nut
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2023, 08:18:14 AM
Even if Stormont returns what would normally be sent from the treasury as a Barnett consequential won't he used for any public sector pay deal. It will be used to pay off the hundreds of million of overspend that the MLAs gave us when last in Stormont

Exactly. Wasn't it 2 or 3 hundred million? The UK government won't let that happen again.

Are the Tory party punishing the people to try and get the DUP back to Stormont?

100% they are and John Campbell (economist reporter) mentioned it yesterday in the news as the only reason, why the uk are getting their pay increases is because they have a government, we don't..

It should be shouted from the roof tops, in every paper and all forms of media, unfortunately this place needs a sledgehammer to crack a nut

A significant portion of the population here will not care. It doesn't matter if they raised wages in GB by 50%. For them the sea border is everything and comes above all else.

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 15, 2023, 08:53:37 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2023, 08:18:14 AM

A significant portion of the population here will not care. It doesn't matter if they raised wages in GB by 50%. For them the sea border is everything and comes above all else.

Same on Nationalist side. When SF boycotted their vote went up. Nobody cares. It's about booting themuns.
DUP in a corner now that they'll find very difficult to get out of.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Teachers really bore me.
Doubt if any could survive a second in the real world; I've had enough of them as a parent to turn me for good.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 15, 2023, 06:00:09 PM
Teachers really bore me.
Doubt if any could survive a second in the real world; I've had enough of them as a parent to turn me for good.

Take your youngsters out of school and do it yourself then.

Quote from: Jim Bob on July 15, 2023, 06:41:39 PM
Teachers really bore me.

You've no idea how beneficial that would be to them.
But I have to earn a living too.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 15, 2023, 07:04:40 PM
Teachers really bore me.

Put your children first. Sign on the dole and make brain surgeons etc out of them

Wildweasel74

Oh right, so they good enough for babysitters at least.

Quote from: Jim Bob on July 15, 2023, 07:07:05 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 15, 2023, 07:04:40 PM
Teachers really bore me.

Put your children first. Sign on the dole and make brain surgeons etc out of them

Or stay in the system and make brain surgeons etc out of others?

Substandard

Teachers really bore me.
Out of curiosity,  what is this real world you speak of?  I'm starting to question my vocation as I thought I was in the real world too. 

Quote from: Substandard on July 15, 2023, 07:44:24 PM
Teachers really bore me.
Out of curiosity,  what is this real world you speak of?  I'm starting to question my vocation as I thought I was in the real world too.

One where there is accountability; where incompetence is challenged and dealt with, rather than moved elsewhere.

Your username is strangely appropriate.

trailer

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 15, 2023, 08:13:21 PM
Teachers really bore me.

One where there is accountability; where incompetence is challenged and dealt with, rather than moved elsewhere.

Teachers should be forced to move schools every 5-8 years.

Substandard

Teachers really bore me.

Indeed, we must have gone through a similar process when settling on a username.  This incompetence,  is it universal?  I do try not to be incompetent.  Any tips would be appreciated,  or perhaps a checklist of sorts.  Some in the profession might get precious about such things, but anything  that would contribute to enhancing the environment for students and parents could only be a good thing.

Substandard

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2023, 08:30:40 PM
Teachers really bore me.

Teachers should be forced to move schools every 5-8 years.
I have often thought about that myself, but I'd imagine there would be complications, changing part way through a course, and so on.

screenexile

There should have been a first reply to this thread saying "Yes, Teachers do get it handy"

And then the thread should have been locked!