Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnster

Now some of them set up zoom meetings and then didn't show up, some set up zoom meetings and did show up, the majority took their summer holidays from March 2020 to September 2020 and then yapped of the danger they were in when they had to go back. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on August 16, 2022, 12:47:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 12:39:53 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 16, 2022, 12:34:33 PM
Parents are the main educators of children.

Full stop.

The parents of the kids with the up the ra T-shirts have done sterling work so far ;)

Depends on what their parents' outlook on the Ra is I suppose?

I'd compare that with children (and parents of course) who wear poppies in November.  They are supporting the terrorists of the BA/RUC and their loyalist colleagues.

That's what a poppy symnolies.

Why are you always comparing with 'them' when it's not part of the conversation? It doesn't add to the discussion.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Barnster

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 12:54:17 PM

Full stop.

The parents of the kids with the up the ra T-shirts have done sterling work so far ;)

I'd compare that with children (and parents of course) who wear poppies in November.  They are supporting the terrorists of the BA/RUC and their loyalist colleagues.

Why are you always comparing with 'them' when it's not part of the conversation? It doesn't add to the discussion.

And you do!!!!! Seriously step away.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Turf on August 16, 2022, 12:43:16 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 16, 2022, 12:31:03 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 16, 2022, 12:23:31 PM
Is a lot of the ill will towards teachers here based on how board members had to school their own kids during the Pandemic and have a touch of PTSD as a result?
Perhaps not even "school" but just "look after".
Dare I say.
Ah that old chestnut that parents were looking for babysitters. Another thing dreamt up by teachers to justify not going to work. They let everyone down and threatened to go strike while everyone else that was needed went out and got stuck in and went to work.

Everyone else didn't. Some . 'Key' workers dropped their kids off at school during the lockdown and went about pursuing their hobbies.

Barnster

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 16, 2022, 12:59:28 PM
Quote from: Turf on August 16, 2022, 12:43:16 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 16, 2022, 12:31:03 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 16, 2022, 12:23:31 PM
Is a lot of the ill will towards teachers here based on how board members had to school their own kids during the Pandemic and have a touch of PTSD as a result?
Perhaps not even "school" but just "look after".
Dare I say.
Ah that old chestnut that parents were looking for babysitters. Another thing dreamt up by teachers to justify not going to work. They let everyone down and threatened to go strike while everyone else that was needed went out and got stuck in and went to work.

Everyone else didn't. Some . 'Key' workers dropped their kids off at school during the lockdown and went about pursuing their hobbies.

Stats there Jim or did you meet one on hiking up the mournes when you were meant to be remote teaching?

Jim Bob

Stats 😂😂😂

Parents dropping their kids off at school to pursue their hobbies is hardly something which is recorded.

I know you are just out of your bed so give yourself an hour or two to get fully functional

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 12:58:12 PM

Full stop.

You've 50 posts, 45 of them are about teachers being bad, wise up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Barnster

So just makey uppy stuff  then, that the best you can do Jim, try and belittle, bless I am not one of the kids it seriously won't bother me.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 01:09:18 PM
So just makey uppy stuff  then, that the best you can do Jim, try and belittle, bless I am not one of the kids it seriously won't bother me.

46 now

Barnster

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 01:08:23 PM

Full stop.

You have near 30000, over half insulting folk - maybe you should wise up!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 01:10:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 01:08:23 PM

Full stop.

You have near 30000, over half insulting folk - maybe you should wise up!

Barnster

Keep going you will be at 30000 in no time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 01:12:40 PM
Keep going you will be at 30000 in no time.

I've more that that, I used to be Milltown Row, and and changed it to Milltown Row 2.. keep up 48

Barnster

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 16, 2022, 01:13:10 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 01:09:18 PM
That's a fairly dismissive attitude from someone who expects his anecdotal tale about his son's third year History teacher to be believed.

Here's the thing, if you don't believe it don't, I believe Jim is talking through his hoop.

trailer

One simple solution to a lot of teaching issues would be to make teachers move schools every 5-7 years. Keep it fresh for the teachers, the students and the parents. Make them interview for new jobs. Would raise the standard and stop teachers from punching in time.
You could do it with most of the CS jobs apart from maybe health.