Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnster

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2022, 02:12:43 PM
Quote from: Barnster on August 12, 2022, 02:10:21 PM
8.30 to 4.30 and the odd evening, they are martyr's.

Obviously your little brain can only read and take in so much of my post, not surprising you have some anger issues with teachers, let down..

Truth usually hurts when resorting to petty childish insults, shame noone else works long hours, poor teachers getting paid during summer whilst doing other paid work, not sure how they survive.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Barnster on August 12, 2022, 02:32:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2022, 02:12:43 PM

Obviously your little brain can only read and take in so much of my post, not surprising you have some anger issues with teachers, let down..

Truth usually hurts when resorting to petty childish insults, shame noone else works long hours, poor teachers getting paid during summer whilst doing other paid work, not sure how they survive.

You rearranged my post, again it doesn't surprise me, you must be fed up using so many different names, but same posts
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jim Bob

No apostrophe in martyrs... should have been listening instead of messing about.

JimStynes

Teachers are well underpaid when you consider the money handed out in sectors like construction, finance, IT etc.

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2022, 01:52:07 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 12, 2022, 01:43:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2022, 01:10:10 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 12, 2022, 12:58:29 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 12, 2022, 09:24:04 AM
The useless hoors should be hanging their heads in shame after the stunts they pulled during the lockdowns. Looking for more money now.

https://www.rte.ie/news/education/2022/0810/1315030-teacher-union-ballots/

Well since 50% of teachers died during covid due to the extreme "twin tower" like danger of the role, I think that a small extra increase will not effect the overall bill to the state.

Cost of living is affecting everyone, I'd say teachers are well under paid

If they worked 39 hours a week, 52 weeks of the year with 20 days hols like other workers then maybe they could claim to be under paid.

Its the unseen hours they do, most teachers arrive into work 8.30 not home till 4.30 ish.. They do work at home, marking and preparing tests and so on, reports and whatever else they are at. If they stayed on in the school to carry out these things it would probably go beyond the 39 hours a week, the hols are just that, the kids need a break so what would you have the teachers doing during that period?

Quite a lot of people have "unseen" hours every day, every week, 52 weeks of the year. My official work time is 8am to 5pm - I am in latest 7-45 every day and its rare I leave before 5-30 and 6pm would not be unusual. In addition is it not true that bizarrely teachers get paid extra (in the south) for correcting state exam papers and supervising exams? Is it not also true that quite a lot of them take the classes/pupils they teach after hours for extra tuition for extra cash under the table.

trileacman

The useless hoors should be hanging their heads in shame after the stunts they pulled during the lockdowns. Looking for more money now.

Well since 50% of teachers died during covid due to the extreme "twin tower" like danger of the role, I think that a small extra increase will not effect the overall bill to the state.

If they worked 39 hours a week, 52 weeks of the year with 20 days hols like other workers then maybe they could claim to be under paid.

Its the unseen hours they do, most teachers arrive into work 8.30 not home till 4.30 ish.. They do work at home, marking and preparing tests and so on, reports and whatever else they are at. If they stayed on in the school to carry out these things it would probably go beyond the 39 hours a week, the hols are just that, the kids need a break so what would you have the teachers doing during that period?

Yeah only teachers do unseen hours.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Quote from: JimStynes on August 12, 2022, 02:39:44 PM
Teachers are well underpaid when you consider the money handed out in sectors like construction, finance, IT etc.

Yet to see a teacher pack it in to go plaster houses.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

From the Bunker

Carers are underpaid when you consider the hours and holidays of Teachers.

I know plenty of lads in construction. They are now in their 50's and wear and tear is kicking in. Most are taking on less, as the body is not as strong or durable as it used to be. Construction money is well earned and earned at the cost to the body.

I have came across some of the finest human beings that are teachers. Great role models, enthusiastic social beings and bright. Of course there have been ones who have not reached these criteria, same with any other walks of life.

They are an important fabric of society and it's important they are taken care of financially.

I was not happy with our own National School during Covid, they took the easiest route for themselves. But that's human nature, there was no manual or rule book telling them to do otherwise. Would i have done the same? Probably yes! We got over it but there are the scars.

There were plenty other groups playing the Covid Card about doing work and getting full pay and I'm sure they'll get or have got a pay rise since without any commotion (mainly because they are not in the public eye).

Itchy

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 12, 2022, 03:13:55 PM

Carers are underpaid when you consider the hours and holidays of Teachers.

I know plenty of lads in construction. They are now in their 50's and wear and tear is kicking in. Most are taking on less, as the body is not as strong or durable as it used to be. Construction money is well earned and earned at the cost to the body.

I have came across some of the finest human beings that are teachers. Great role models, enthusiastic social beings and bright. Of course there have been ones who have not reached these criteria, same with any other walks of life.

They are an important fabric of society and it's important they are taken care of financially.

I was not happy with our own National School during Covid, they took the easiest route for themselves. But that's human nature, there was no manual or rule book telling them to do otherwise. Would i have done the same? Probably yes! We got over it but there are the scars.

There were plenty other groups playing the Covid Card about doing work and getting full pay and I'm sure they'll get or have got a pay rise since without any commotion (mainly because they are not in the public eye).

They took the easiest route I would argue as there is zero accountability, absolutely zero, for the standard of education given to children. You can be brilliant or you can be dire and it makes no difference. Its a huge issue but do teachers care enough about the standards out there to actually do something about it?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trileacman on August 12, 2022, 03:07:18 PM

Its in response to the teachers only do this, where did I post that no one else does unseen hours? again just misreading what I put up, but sure carry on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2022, 03:56:26 PM

Its in response to the teachers only do this, where did I post that no one else does unseen hours? again just misreading what I put up, but sure carry on

You posted that they do unseen hours in reply to me when I said that other workers do 39 hrs a week by 52 weeks in the year. That implies that other workers don't do the same level of unseen hours so teachers are equivalent in the whole.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on August 12, 2022, 03:59:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2022, 03:56:26 PM

You posted that they do unseen hours in reply to me when I said that other workers do 39 hrs a week by 52 weeks in the year. That implies that other workers don't do the same level of unseen hours so teachers are equivalent in the whole.

I said they do unseen hours, now your making stuff up that I was implying that no one in the private sector does unseen hours, stretching or what!! ( I also does more hours than I'm paid for in the private sector)

Very sore on teachers

Barnster

Has a teacher every been sacked for being buck useless, seems to be if your in your in no matter how dire you are, the classic though is to blame the kids or their parents when results are pathetic.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Barnster on August 12, 2022, 04:17:50 PM
Has a teacher every been sacked for being buck useless, seems to be if your in your in no matter how dire you are, the classic though is to blame the kids or their parents when results are pathetic.

Who is to blame for  your grammatical errors in the above post ?
Seriously , who is to blame ?

Oh, just spotted a spelling error as well.

Barnster

A sanctimonious teacher who would have thought!

So in response to my query has anyone?