Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on February 12, 2021, 10:43:29 PM
Quote from: FermGael on February 12, 2021, 10:37:50 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 12, 2021, 10:35:04 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 12, 2021, 10:34:17 PM
Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 10:28:41 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 12, 2021, 10:26:12 PM
Teachers off next week.... you couldn't make it up. Time all children were back at school, especially those under 12. Teachers should be pushing for schooling in the summer. Would show leadership and demonstrate that they care about students learning.
How many of your arranged holidays have you given up in the last year?

Last year I took 10 days hols. None of them paid.

Who's going to play you in the movie?
Only one man capable
The Rock

He's playing Jim. We need someone to be bring across the softer more intellectual side.

I already called being the Rock ages ago. I reckon someone like Nicolas Cage.

trailer

Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 10:44:49 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 12, 2021, 10:41:34 PM
Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 10:34:57 PM
Teachers off next week.... you couldn't make it up. Time all children were back at school, especially those under 12. Teachers should be pushing for schooling in the summer. Would show leadership and demonstrate that they care about students learning.

Pre-arranged as non-paid?

I own my own business. Last year I took 10 days hols. Probably unpaid. I certainly didn't pay myself. Also I used my own savings to keep my business afloat and keep staff employed. 4 of them have families and mortgages. This is a huge pressure on any decent business owner. Not something others think about.

<1000 yard stare>
Probably unpaid?! What sort of a f**kin answer is that?  You mean paid, I'd say.  Savings?  Wouldn't know what that is as a teacher so count yourself lucky you have some rather than putting on the béal bocht here and slagging teachers.  Your choice, live with it.

What the f**k do you teach? Not English anyway.

If I don't go to work I don't earn. Simples

restorepride

Quote from: trailer on February 12, 2021, 10:55:07 PM
Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 10:44:49 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 12, 2021, 10:41:34 PM
Quote from: restorepride on February 12, 2021, 10:34:57 PM

Pre-arranged as non-paid?

I own my own business. Last year I took 10 days hols. Probably unpaid. I certainly didn't pay myself. Also I used my own savings to keep my business afloat and keep staff employed. 4 of them have families and mortgages. This is a huge pressure on any decent business owner. Not something others think about.

<1000 yard stare>
Probably unpaid?! What sort of a f**kin answer is that?  You mean paid, I'd say.  Savings?  Wouldn't know what that is as a teacher so count yourself lucky you have some rather than putting on the béal bocht here and slagging teachers.  Your choice, live with it.

What the f**k do you teach? Not English anyway.

If I don't go to work I don't earn. Simples
Your choice - live with it. Doesn't give you the right to slag teachers. You invest in capitalism, I invest in people.

Dearg

Teachers have really let themselves down during this whole pandemic. Where every other essential service from the HSE right through to the guys stacking shelves in a supermarket have stood up and been counted the teachers have tried every trick in the book to do anything but work.
There once was a time  when teachers were respected and being a teacher was a vocation, now it's obvious it's just a job to them and they don't give a feck about their students.
Now they talk about planned  school holidays in the middle of a pandemic 😂.
Sure never mind the fact everyone else is doing their part the poor teachers need a rest!
This whole mess with the Leaving Cert students is a disgrace also, but hey thats Teachers for you 🙄

JimStynes

Quote from: Dearg on February 13, 2021, 07:59:11 AM

Teachers have really let themselves down during this whole pandemic. Where every other essential service from the HSE right through to the guys stacking shelves in a supermarket have stood up and been counted the teachers have tried every trick in the book to do anything but work.
There once was a time  when teachers were respected and being a teacher was a vocation, now it's obvious it's just a job to them and they don't give a feck about their students.
Sure never mind the fact everyone else is doing their part the poor teachers need a rest!
This whole mess with the Leaving Cert students is a disgrace also, but hey thats Teachers for you 🙄

I'm sorry  :(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on February 13, 2021, 08:20:38 AM

I'd say it but some clown wouldn't get it and go off on one.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2021, 09:15:58 AM

Use of the broad brush technique is quite normal !

restorepride

Meanwhile, back in the real world, Teachers in our own school have been superb and the Principal has received numerous messages of support from parents who are full of praise for the extra resources created to maintain learning in a very difficult environment plus the pastoral care given.   Teachers teach the same timetable as normal, just much more time involved to mark on-line.  In terms of a balanced workload, teachers and students want to be back at school.  Níl agatsa ach dearg-amaidí.  What have you been doing during the pandemic?

ONeill

Well said. I even saw 2 teachers out walking at 2pm one day. I nearly choked on my lobster.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

FermGael

Snow day.
On the first day of half term.
Joke...
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

JimStynes

Quote from: FermGael on February 13, 2021, 03:22:47 PM
Snow day.
On the first day of half term.
Joke...

Can we claim it back?

restorepride

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2021, 09:15:58 AM

Say it, you coward.

restorepride

Come on then MR2, want to tell the board about your deleted, disgraceful post? 

Milltown Row2

It's half term, enjoy it. It's well deserved
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

restorepride

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2021, 10:46:39 PM
It's half term, enjoy it. It's well deserved

Hard luck - no drink.  Come on, make your post again - make Belfast proud.  The board awaits.