Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

restorepride

Quote from: dublin7 on January 28, 2021, 11:24:03 PM
Quote from: delgany on January 28, 2021, 11:20:11 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 28, 2021, 11:15:19 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 28, 2021, 11:09:38 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 28, 2021, 10:57:15 PM
The problem for parents is that sure the schools are closed but there is no situation in which teachers are happy to go back. There are no circumstances bar eradication of Covid that they'd be happy to go back. The unions offer no solutions. Some parents are able to teach and help their children but many aren't. Many haven't got the technical resources nor the understanding. Teachers well at least their representatives don't appear to get that.
What balls.  I haven't missed a day's teaching since Covid started.  I'll be teaching every day until the end of June.  I'll be back in school tomorrow morning, teaching.

I mean in f2f capacity. I don't doubt teachers are in providing a teaching service of sorts.

You are only hearing the negativity of moaners, scare mongers and unions.Their views do not reflect everyone's position.
I haven't seen any teachers groups come and disagree with the unions actions, have you?

Trailer summed it up best. Teachers are refusing to work until they get guarantees around covid that can't possibly be given. Thankfully the doctors, nurses, shop workers etc who work in far more dangerous environments for Covid than the teachers haven't gone on strike
More shite.  I teach full timetable every day, every week.  Some posters here are so out of touch it is pathetic.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: restorepride on January 28, 2021, 11:38:49 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 28, 2021, 11:31:05 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 28, 2021, 11:09:38 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 28, 2021, 10:57:15 PM
The problem for parents is that sure the schools are closed but there is no situation in which teachers are happy to go back. There are no circumstances bar eradication of Covid that they'd be happy to go back. The unions offer no solutions. Some parents are able to teach and help their children but many aren't. Many haven't got the technical resources nor the understanding. Teachers well at least their representatives don't appear to get that.
What balls.  I haven't missed a day's teaching since Covid started.  I'll be teaching every day until the end of June.  I'll be back in school tomorrow morning, teaching.
No you won't. There is no face to face teaching in schools right now. You can plan lessons and upload work. Other than that, you'll be babysitting if you go into school.
Yes, I will.  I will be in school teaching my classes live on Microsoft Teams, speaking to each and every 120 of them.  No babysitting.  Teaching.  So don't try to talk shite on here.
No you won't. All you're doing is going into school to make you feel good about yourself. You can "teach" from home. You're not the hero you make yourself out to be.

GAABoardMod5

A fair few posts deleted here.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit...thread might be locked for a while otherwise.

Personal insults will not be tolerated, as everyone seems to understand, and bans will follow.

JimStynes

Relax lads. It's nearly midterm.

JohnDenver

Don't get the anti teacher sentiment. There'd be no shortage of other professions I'd drive the boot into before teachers.

And like every walk of life, you're going to get a number bad eggs in whatever you look at, that can often give the rest a bad reputation.

Where's the estate agent thread......

FermGael

So our supreme leader in the north has just decided , at a whim, to abolish pupil choice by stopping them entering Welsh board exams. The rationale seems to be that they didn't give him any notice about canceling exams so I am getting my own back.
You really couldn't make this up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55848281
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

thebigfella

Quote from: JohnDenver on January 29, 2021, 08:47:41 AM
Don't get the anti teacher sentiment. There'd be no shortage of other professions I'd drive the boot into before teachers.

And like every walk of life, you're going to get a number bad eggs in whatever you look at, that can often give the rest a bad reputation.

Now you are talking and maybe have a recruitment consultants one too.

restorepride

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on January 29, 2021, 02:22:48 AM
A fair few posts deleted here.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit...thread might be locked for a while otherwise.

Personal insults will not be tolerated, as everyone seems to understand, and bans will follow.
Thank you.

Angelo

Quote from: restorepride on January 28, 2021, 11:05:43 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 28, 2021, 12:16:04 PM
Teachers having a nice little injoke here about not having to work on full pay when people are seeing job losses and their businesses battling to stay afloat. Think it tells you an awful lot about their entitlement and lack of empathy.

To make it worse, it's the tax from front line workers who are keeping the show on the road day in day out that pays their wages.

Some of the smug comments on here are pretty shameful tbh.
Wise up and grow up, Angelo.   Looks like Itchy wasn't the only one who missed the 'humour' lessons.   Teachers have been front line workers since August and we are still working full time and getting the pay that we are entitled to, showing lots of empathy each lesson, every day and, guess what, using a bit of humour with the students!!   If businesses are closing, then it is the tax that others pay, including teachers, which is keeping the show on the road.

Humour should be funny. I and others don't really find comments sniggering about not having to work while on full pay while others are currently going through financial hardship and risk losing their jobs and livelihoods and where parents have to try and work their own job and do your job for you as funny.

Maybe you should have got some humility lessons.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 12:53:28 PM
Teachers having a nice little injoke here about not having to work on full pay when people are seeing job losses and their businesses battling to stay afloat. Think it tells you an awful lot about their entitlement and lack of empathy.

To make it worse, it's the tax from front line workers who are keeping the show on the road day in day out that pays their wages.

Wise up and grow up, Angelo.   Looks like Itchy wasn't the only one who missed the 'humour' lessons.   Teachers have been front line workers since August and we are still working full time and getting the pay that we are entitled to, showing lots of empathy each lesson, every day and, guess what, using a bit of humour with the students!!   If businesses are closing, then it is the tax that others pay, including teachers, which is keeping the show on the road.

Humour should be funny. I and others don't really find comments sniggering about not having to work while on full pay while others are currently going through financial hardship and risk losing their jobs and livelihoods and where parents have to try and work their own job and do your job for you as funny.

Someone had a tough time at school.

johnnycool

Quote from: FermGael on January 29, 2021, 11:13:01 AM
So our supreme leader in the north has just decided , at a whim, to abolish pupil choice by stopping them entering Welsh board exams. The rationale seems to be that they didn't give him any notice about canceling exams so I am getting my own back.
You really couldn't make this up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55848281

He's a petty bollox.

The statement he put out about schools cancelling the entrance exams showed exactly where his priorities lie and it's not with the kids from disadvantaged backgrounds either side of the political divide.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on January 29, 2021, 12:56:08 PM

The type of smug comment I've come to expect.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: thebigfella on January 29, 2021, 11:44:19 AM

GPs

restorepride

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 01:19:29 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 29, 2021, 12:56:08 PM

The type of smug comment I've come to expect.

Afraid not.  Out of touch with reality of teaching in lockdown.

JimStynes

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 29, 2021, 01:28:49 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 29, 2021, 11:44:19 AM

GPs

The civil service and NHS admin staff thread.