Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: armaghniac on January 19, 2021, 10:04:41 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 19, 2021, 09:56:01 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 19, 2021, 09:24:46 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 19, 2021, 09:20:35 PM
Very poor carry on from the teacher unions

Any employee is entitled to health and safety and promotion of health and safety is properly the business of a union representing its members.  Note that the politicians that are criticising the teachers are down in the conference centre at great expense to make sure that they do not come with 5m of each other.

Plenty of workers are continuing to work through the pandemic, factories, supermarkets, etc. How are teachers different?

Supermarket staff are enclosed in perspex and customers in supermarkets are expected to wear masks, although shamefully some supermarkets do not protect their staff in this regard. By and large teachers are not enclosed in perspex nor are their customers expected to wear masks.

Not the ones who are restacking shelves.

I honestly think it's a disgrace that the unions can't agree something that will at least allow special needs kids and leaving certs to return to school, there'd be plenty of space for everyone with reduced numbers

Itchy

Quote from: JimStynes on January 19, 2021, 10:13:50 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 19, 2021, 09:35:16 PM

Any employee is entitled to health and safety and promotion of health and safety is properly the business of a union representing its members.  Note that the politicians that are criticising the teachers are down in the conference centre at great expense to make sure that they do not come with 5m of each other.

Load of bollox. These people want certainties that they wont get covid and nonsense like testing of kids at every school. Nothing will pacify them and thats the point. They dont want to go to work, they dont care about the kids and the only care about themselves. They are also peddling the notion that they can work as well at home as they can at school which is more bullshit when half of them can barely work a computer.

They are a national embarrassment (look at other countries) and when this is over the respect that teachers were once held in society will be in tatters and rightly so. When I look out there its nurses, doctors, factory workers and retail workers that are the heros of society. People that rolled up their sleeves and worked for the greater good of society. I have people in a medical device company making critical products trying to take unpaid leave to stay home and teach  their kids.
They should all be put on the covid payment with immediate effect.

Quit your crying ffs.

Get off yer lazy useless hole and get back to work you loafer. God help you sad losers if you had any sort of pay for performance. Pathetic.

trailer

The teachers aren't going back. That was why I was so against closing the schools. There is no roadmap to return. Nothing. It's another year written off unfortunately.

JimStynes

Quote from: Itchy on January 19, 2021, 10:19:47 PM

Load of bollox. These people want certainties that they wont get covid and nonsense like testing of kids at every school. Nothing will pacify them and thats the point. They dont want to go to work, they dont care about the kids and the only care about themselves. They are also peddling the notion that they can work as well at home as they can at school which is more bullshit when half of them can barely work a computer.

They are a national embarrassment (look at other countries) and when this is over the respect that teachers were once held in society will be in tatters and rightly so. When I look out there its nurses, doctors, factory workers and retail workers that are the heros of society. People that rolled up their sleeves and worked for the greater good of society. I have people in a medical device company making critical products trying to take unpaid leave to stay home and teach  their kids.

Quit your crying ffs.

Get off yer lazy useless hole and get back to work you loafer. God help you sad losers if you had any sort of pay for performance. Pathetic.

Sure I go to work. Looking after the Key worker children like I have done since last March. You're full of shite. Quit your crying.

Itchy

Quote from: JimStynes on January 19, 2021, 10:21:45 PM

Quit your crying ffs.

Sure I go to work. Looking after the Key worker children like I have done since last March. You're full of shite. Quit your crying.

Bully for you, aren't you a legend. Maybe have a word with your cousins down the road.

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on January 19, 2021, 10:21:11 PM
The teachers aren't going back. That was why I was so against closing the schools. There is no roadmap to return. Nothing. It's another year written off unfortunately.

Sure people are on here crying to close the schools when the numbers are going up and then they're crying to open the schools when they've had a week or 2 of homeschooling.  Make up your minds ffs. The vast majority not worried about the impact lockdown is having on their children's education, just that they don't have babysitters.

trailer

Sorting kids with devices is bound to be difficult in certain circumstances. How are families with 3,4,5 kids at school managing this?

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on January 19, 2021, 10:29:41 PM
Sorting kids with devices is bound to be difficult in certain circumstances. How are families with 3,4,5 kids at school managing this?

In some cases we've provided devices to certain families and the EA have provided to devices to children in certain year groups. We have our Google Meet calls staggered throughout the day as well so that no two year groups have to be on a call at the one time.

JimStynes

Quote from: Itchy on January 19, 2021, 10:26:00 PM

Quit your crying ffs.

Bully for you, aren't you a legend. Maybe have a word with your cousins down the road.

I couldn't care less what they do in the South.

Itchy

Bought a 3rd device today so my kid can read the 20 emails he's being sent a day with zero tutoring. Here 20 questions  heres a YouTube video. Watch it, answer questions and get mammy to correct it for you. That's what passes as teaching now.

Only idiots wanted schools closed. Sorry.

Itchy

Quote from: JimStynes on January 19, 2021, 10:33:19 PM

Quit your crying ffs.

Sure I know  your a teacher so only care about yourself. God help any poor child that has to suffer listening to you.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Itchy on January 19, 2021, 10:18:04 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 19, 2021, 10:10:17 PM
Reading some of the comments on here I can only be thankful for the great teachers our kids have....

First class throughout the lockdowns...

More pressure on us as parents as we balance work/teaching/life....I'll not target teachers....especially after the months of teaching we've had to do.....more respect now than ever

Its a good babysitter a few would need....instead of teacher bashing....

Oh yes you can't say anything about teachers or your a teacher basher. Getting as bad as the Jews and anti semitic. A national embarrassment,  wont even go back for special needs kids in the south as they have in North.

I'm referring to the 6 counties....

JimStynes

Quote from: Itchy on January 19, 2021, 10:34:43 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 19, 2021, 10:33:19 PM

Quit your crying ffs.

Sure I know  your a teacher so only care about yourself. God help any poor child that has to suffer listening to you.

I'd have to put you at the bold boy table for this sort of behaviour.

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on January 19, 2021, 10:31:52 PM

In some cases we've provided devices to certain families and the EA have provided to devices to children in certain year groups. We have our Google Meet calls staggered throughout the day as well so that no two year groups have to be on a call at the one time.

Sensible but works when kids are at the one school I suppose. It's bound to be difficult and stressful for families sharing or even using unsuitable devices like a phone. And there is issues around access to the internet and data costs. Remote learning is far from the silver bullet we think it is.

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on January 19, 2021, 10:39:30 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 19, 2021, 10:31:52 PM

Sensible but works when kids are at the one school I suppose. It's bound to be difficult and stressful for families sharing or even using unsuitable devices like a phone. And there is issues around access to the internet and data costs. Remote learning is far from the silver bullet we think it is.

Most families are trying to make it work. In the cases that it just isn't working I'd be encouraging those parents to send the children to school for at least a few days a week. It's far from an ideal situation like every other line of work at the minute. Hopefully the schools will be open soon but I wouldn't put money on it. And contrary to some people's beliefs in here, teachers would much rather be in school. It's much easier that this online carryon.