Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 05, 2021, 01:41:18 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 05, 2021, 01:00:55 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 05, 2021, 12:59:06 PM
How did you find getting up early this morning Jim?

I'm not back in until tomorrow but I got up before 10 today to get myself prepared to go to war.
The Rock famously gets up at about 4am for a gym session, so this could be his toughest acting gig yet.

They tried to get me to do that but I got my Union onto them.

delgany

Quote from: trailer on January 05, 2021, 03:01:36 PM
Quote from: delgany on January 05, 2021, 02:46:01 PM
Quote from: Seaney on January 05, 2021, 12:03:31 PM
Quote from: delgany on January 05, 2021, 12:02:04 PM
Quote from: Seaney on January 05, 2021, 11:49:26 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 05, 2021, 09:30:42 AM

I am not sure of the relevance of that. However, when my kids went to school I had assumed that education would be in a better place. I was actually amazed to see it wasnt. When I was in school there were some great teachers, inspirational teachers. There were also some that should never have been let near children. I got the head bet off me a number of times in primary school for example. I had teachers in secondary school that werent bothered and couldnt have given a shit how we did. 20 years later I can still see the same. The bottom line is, thanks to school unions and weak government, these same types of characters can work away in comfort as teachers and they cannot be touched. You can complain to whoever you like, it is pointless and that is a fact and every teacher out there (in the south at least) knows that. Since these characters have got away with this for so long why would we expect them to step up now when the country needs them to.

Ditto to the North, so much for a vocation - it's equivalent to the Norths Civil Servants for dead untouchable wood!

You must be talking about secondary schools !

No I am talking about teachers, primary ones can bluff a bit better, hard not to fail sending a child home to do a bit of colouring in!

You do know that colouring in has a vital part to play in a young child's fine motor skills, which improves that pencil grip and handwriting skills and consequently will improve their reading skills.
Now 100 such pages a week ...is too much !

UUJ give out degrees in colouring in.

Some would need to get the GCSE first.

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on January 05, 2021, 03:01:36 PM
Quote from: delgany on January 05, 2021, 02:46:01 PM
Quote from: Seaney on January 05, 2021, 12:03:31 PM
Quote from: delgany on January 05, 2021, 12:02:04 PM
Quote from: Seaney on January 05, 2021, 11:49:26 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 05, 2021, 09:30:42 AM

I am not sure of the relevance of that. However, when my kids went to school I had assumed that education would be in a better place. I was actually amazed to see it wasnt. When I was in school there were some great teachers, inspirational teachers. There were also some that should never have been let near children. I got the head bet off me a number of times in primary school for example. I had teachers in secondary school that werent bothered and couldnt have given a shit how we did. 20 years later I can still see the same. The bottom line is, thanks to school unions and weak government, these same types of characters can work away in comfort as teachers and they cannot be touched. You can complain to whoever you like, it is pointless and that is a fact and every teacher out there (in the south at least) knows that. Since these characters have got away with this for so long why would we expect them to step up now when the country needs them to.

Ditto to the North, so much for a vocation - it's equivalent to the Norths Civil Servants for dead untouchable wood!

You must be talking about secondary schools !

No I am talking about teachers, primary ones can bluff a bit better, hard not to fail sending a child home to do a bit of colouring in!

You do know that colouring in has a vital part to play in a young child's fine motor skills, which improves that pencil grip and handwriting skills and consequently will improve their reading skills.
Now 100 such pages a week ...is too much !

UUJ give out degrees in colouring in.

Only with crayons though!

Itchy

Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2021, 02:37:50 PM
I think it's time teachers started to even up the score on engagement to online learning and projecting this on to terrible parenting.

Joe Madden 11B hasn't been online in 4 days. Parents yet to return calls or emails.
History - Bullet point summary on the Battle of Ypres incomplete.
Maths - Only submitted answers to half the questions on Cumulative frequency w/sheet last week.
Irish - Had to write 8 sentences on advantages of living in the city - instead resubmitted his paragraph about his best friend from October.
English - summary on Of Mice and Men consisted of "George shoots Lennie".

Terrible parenting - they just don't give a fiddlers. Yet, there's no accountability. There is no difference made between parents who do care and parents who don't. Joe should be in care at this stage.

Teachers gets paid, its their job, their profession. Do you understand the difference? They should certainly feedback to parents if kids are not doing their homework, that is also their job. The biggest laugh of all is that many teachers don't seem to get this. You are doing a job lads, not doing us a favour.

Itchy

Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2021, 04:01:47 PM
Everyone gets it. Many parents resent having to look after their own children for even one extra day. So they're just having a big whinge.

One day doesn't mean you lose your job, you can take it as hols. Having to stay at home for a month could lose you your job and many parents dont have a cushy number that pays them to stay at home.

I'm going to document the performance of my 3 kids teachers starting next week. My daughter has just told me her history teacher wont be sending any work home for her because she cannot use email and she would normally need her own daughter to help her but she is not allowed visit. So no history teacher for a month.

Minder

Brother in law a teacher in a school in Co Down, just been told he isn't back until 25 January on a "rota", put a few things on Google classroom and he's laughing. Why can't the schools do a full timetable remotely on Google Meets or whatever ? Unions I'm assuming
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

delgany

Quote from: Itchy on January 05, 2021, 05:03:07 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2021, 04:01:47 PM
Everyone gets it. Many parents resent having to look after their own children for even one extra day. So they're just having a big whinge.

One day doesn't mean you lose your job, you can take it as hols. Having to stay at home for a month could lose you your job and many parents dont have a cushy number that pays them to stay at home.

I'm going to document the performance of my 3 kids teachers starting next week. My daughter has just told me her history teacher wont be sending any work home for her because she cannot use email and she would normally need her own daughter to help her but she is not allowed visit. So no history teacher for a month.

So there is no work set by the history teacher - I think you - youd need to check with the Head of history  Department/ school that it is factually correct.

Itchy

Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2021, 05:25:38 PM
A person's children getting in the way of their job is literally nobody else's problem. Deal with it.

As for this bullshit about the history teacher - it is so straightforward to sort out that it isn't even worth discussing.

Have a bit of gumption, phone the school and nip the problems in the bud. It would be much more beneficial than "documenting performance" and whinging on here.

You really have no f**king clue have you. Not a notion.

JimStynes

Why not just send your kids to school? Sure everyone is more or less on the key worker list.

Itchy

Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2021, 05:30:18 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 05, 2021, 05:28:58 PM
A person's children getting in the way of their job is literally nobody else's problem. Deal with it.

As for this bullshit about the history teacher - it is so straightforward to sort out that it isn't even worth discussing.

Have a bit of gumption, phone the school and nip the problems in the bud. It would be much more beneficial than "documenting performance" and whinging on here.

I do. I have every clue. You are making ridiculous stuff up. It just wouldn't be let slide.

So now you are calling me a liar. Fine. Well if you think this stuff is rare in the south at least you are sadly mistaken.

Itchy

Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2021, 05:57:38 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 05, 2021, 05:51:25 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2021, 05:30:18 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 05, 2021, 05:28:58 PM

I do. I have every clue. You are making ridiculous stuff up. It just wouldn't be let slide.

So now you are calling me a liar. Fine. Well if you think this stuff is rare in the south at least you are sadly mistaken.
If you believe that it would be tolerated for one second that your daughter's class will not be getting any history work for a month because her teacher can't work email, then quite simply it's you that hasn't "a f**king notion". It's a pile of balls.

I'm being told by a fella in antrim how things are in my local school now. You've no idea the sort of incompetence that is tolerated in schools down here and if any of the teachers in the south had the balls to speak up they'd back me up on this.

Itchy

FermGael

11 plus back on.
Single test .
End of February.
Keep them off for 2 months and then throw them into a transfer test.
Weir is an absolute genius.......
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Milltown Row2

Quote from: FermGael on January 05, 2021, 06:50:51 PM
11 plus back on.
Single test .
End of February.
Keep them off for 2 months and then throw them into a transfer test.
Weir is an absolute genius.......

Couldn't make it up!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: Itchy on January 05, 2021, 06:21:16 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2021, 06:06:01 PM
You are simply chatting shite.

Aye good man. Are you a teacher?

Come on lad, don't go quiet now. Are you a teacher? Are you a parent? Come on now a bit of gumption and answer the question.