Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 03, 2021, 08:06:25 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 03, 2021, 08:04:56 PM
Some mess closing these schools. We haven't heard from ours. No plan for tomorrow. Don't know how I am meant to work from home and school children.
A complete shit show.

Same. Wife is essential I'm not but required to work so no arrangements made atm

Wife is essential - give it 10 years.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

I'm going walking in the Mournes tomorrow. I'll still be able to post on Google Classroom so it's sweet.

ONeill

Reception mightn't be deadly.

FermGael

Quote from: JimStynes on January 03, 2021, 08:37:39 PM
I'm going walking in the Mournes tomorrow. I'll still be able to post on Google Classroom so it's sweet.

Jim Jim Jim.
You can set Google classroom up to schedule your tasks in advance .  Lifesaver
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: ONeill on January 03, 2021, 08:33:37 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 03, 2021, 08:06:25 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 03, 2021, 08:04:56 PM
Some mess closing these schools. We haven't heard from ours. No plan for tomorrow. Don't know how I am meant to work from home and school children.
A complete shit show.

Same. Wife is essential I'm not but required to work so no arrangements made atm

Wife is essential - give it 10 years.

I'm not looking forward to doing the dishes anytime soon.

Seriously though I seen Mark h Durkan posting outline of proposals and he was inundated with responses asking whose going to watch wains when we are at work because most have 2 choices , fork out money we don't have or hope that grand parents etc can take the extra load- btw this is a time where we all all trying our best to reduce contact with elderly

JimStynes

Quote from: FermGael on January 03, 2021, 08:44:55 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 03, 2021, 08:37:39 PM

Jim Jim Jim.
You can set Google classroom up to schedule your tasks in advance .  Lifesaver

Oh aye but I like to reply to the odd query from the children. Just to make it look like I'm doing something. I'll send an aul page with a few task on it tomorrow. That'll do them for a few weeks anyway.

Smurfy123

Jim enjoy your lie in the Mora
Keep beating that drum
Kids it's to dangerous to come to school

ONeill

Might get them to start on St Patrick's Day poems.

Itchy

Hope to god teachers are getting special training this week before they go to their almost certain death on 11th. It reminds me of the landing at Normandy, the heroes running for the classroom only for 70% of them to be gunned down by Covid. I can see a day we will all be arguing over the colour of the poppy to remember them by.

ONeill

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Since billions of our taxes go to Dept of education each year is there not an argument that if schools are closed that we should be recompensed to allow us working parents to divert money to childcare?

JimStynes

Quote from: Itchy on January 03, 2021, 11:01:12 PM
Hope to god teachers are getting special training this week before they go to their almost certain death on 11th. It reminds me of the landing at Normandy, the heroes running for the classroom only for 70% of them to be gunned down by Covid. I can see a day we will all be arguing over the colour of the poppy to remember them by.

This is actually a good description of what it is like. In years to come they'll make a Band of Brothers mini series about this.

imtommygunn

imtommygunn