Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ned

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 07, 2020, 10:08:10 PM
I think it's taxed. I don't think people's are living in luxury on this furlough money...

Exactly. It's taxed. So even if you are on that top bracket you are still taking a hit. No one is being paid £2500 straight into their pockets. Even someone on a modest wage is probably taking a hit of £300 per month or equivalent of nearly a weeks wages. And all through no fault of their own. Could you manage with one weeks wages less per month?
This is leaving a lot of people fearing for their jobs and financial future. So save me your sanctimonious shit about teachers or whoever getting it handy. Most of them would probably prefer not to be in this position. Yeah, there will be instances of some taking the piss but they obviously aren't in it for the vocation anyway. I know a few teachers, family and friends, who have worked at their local school continuously since lockdown OR make sure they are up each day setting lessons and homework and available until normal hometime (while also schooling their own children). Lessons have had to be restructured to suit home learning which isn't as easy as it sounds. A probationary teacher I know stayed on her own 120 miles from home just to carry on doing her job. This was to the detriment of her own mental health as she had no support outside of the school.
I can guarantee plenty who have been furloughed would prefer to work. Chances are I could  be bankrupt before the end of the year. Think about what you are saying before casting wild generalisations.

Kidder81

I know quite a few teachers and not one of them has been in the school more than a couple of days a week, and I think those days are just to steal tea bags from the school. This working round the clock from teachers is absolute nonsense. They are doing a couple of hours here and there and that's it, and that's ok but don't be bullshitting us

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 09, 2020, 09:49:22 AM
I know quite a few teachers and not one of them has been in the school more than a couple of days a week, and I think those days are just to steal tea bags from the school. This working round the clock from teachers is absolute nonsense. They are doing a couple of hours here and there and that's it, and that's ok but don't be bullshitting us

So you know quite a few teachers, but not all? The ones you know have been in school a couple days a week, then they do a few hours a day?

So they are doing something?

No one is working round the clock if they are furloughed or teaching, if they could go to work they would, directing annoyance at teachers is a bit daft, it's the governments that closed the schools. Not just here but worldwide.

I'm still in bed! Wife is doing some classroom stuff, think I'll go for a walk with the dogs, not disturb her!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Saw a few accountants heading out to play golf there. Disgraceful.

From the Bunker

Just been talking to a few teachers the last few days. They put me straight on a few matters. They don't get paid to do a child minding service while Parents are at work. Parents are the real teachers of children. All have been working as hard as ever going into School each day (except for assigned holidays) doing their 6 hours preparing work for the week ahead, correcting work from the week previous and giving general feedback. Anyone who thinks that an empty room from kids everyday is a doddle are only kidding themselves.
No one appreciates that the teachers free time of Sunday evening is interrupted without compensation when sending out e-mails. All are looking forward to the well earned break of the Summer Holidays in two weeks.

They say the problem is that most parents now realise how hard a job it is teaching children and most are fed up after an hour never mind six hours in a day. And any one criticising are looking for someone to blame for their ineptitude.

Must say I hold my hand up - I was wrong all along!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 09, 2020, 10:34:44 PM
Just been talking to a few teachers the last few days. They put me straight on a few matters. They don't get paid to do a child minding service while Parents are at work. Parents are the real teachers of children. All have been working as hard as ever going into School each day (except for assigned holidays) doing their 6 hours preparing work for the week ahead, correcting work from the week previous and giving general feedback. Anyone who thinks that an empty room from kids everyday is a doddle are only kidding themselves.
No one appreciates that the teachers free time of Sunday evening is interrupted without compensation when sending out e-mails. All are looking forward to the well earned break of the Summer Holidays in two weeks.

They say the problem is that most parents now realise how hard a job it is teaching children and most are fed up after an hour never mind six hours in a day. And any one criticising are looking for someone to blame for their ineptitude.

Damn friggin' right. Teachers are in loco parentis for their time with the children. Parents ARE the real teachers of children.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 09, 2020, 10:43:14 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 09, 2020, 10:34:44 PM

Damn friggin' right. Teachers are in loco parentis for their time with the children. Parents ARE the real teachers of children.

Yes, it's about time Parents pulled up their sleeves, found this out and took the real learning on.  Schools could be closed and teachers could, well,  do some other job!

Jim Bob

Weir announces that p7 pupils and teachers back on August 17th.
We ll see about that

JimStynes

I've holidays booked for the 17th to 23rd. Peter will have to cover my class for me.

Jim Bob

Yes i have holidays booked too. Petes going to have to have a rethink

gallsman

Ye'll not be getting on those holidays so it'll be grand.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on June 10, 2020, 09:07:46 AM
Quote from: gallsman on June 10, 2020, 09:06:06 AM
Not even to Ballycastle? Fs!

Just go on the sick
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

I can see myself having to isolate around the ring of Kerry for the last 2 weeks of August.

gallsman

Quote from: hardstation on June 10, 2020, 09:07:46 AM
Quote from: gallsman on June 10, 2020, 09:06:06 AM
Not even to Ballycastle? Fs!

That sounds like more work then actual work.