Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on March 17, 2016, 06:42:48 PM
What's the craic in De La Salle? A third of teaching staff walking out amongst other things.
Was that not months ago?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 17, 2016, 06:51:55 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 17, 2016, 06:42:48 PM
What's the craic in De La Salle? A third of teaching staff walking out amongst other things.

They obviously don't give a shit about the pupils
If they are in breach of contract then the dole queue is the place for them. It's not as if there is a teacher shortage to replace them.

Orior

There will be two sides to this story.

The fact is that some head teachers are recruited on one of the following disciplines:
a) teach
b) run a school
c) run a business

The problem is that principals need to be all the above. Board of Governors can be a useful bunch of c***ts too, hand picked by the parish priest and no idea about the above.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

FermGael

Folks you should honestly knock this on the head.
Not the place for it.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Franko

Quote from: FermGael on March 23, 2016, 10:32:04 AM
Folks you should honestly knock this on the head.
Not the place for it.

Why?  We are discussing the performance of people who are paid by our taxes.

FermGael

Very simple.
Nobody knows exactly whats going on.
Hearsay is the best people have at the moment.

Orior

Quote from: FermGael on March 23, 2016, 10:49:29 AM
Very simple.
Nobody knows exactly whats going on.
Hearsay is the best people have at the moment.

Fair point.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

theskull1

I'd be somewhere in the middle on this. Anything posted on here should always be considered hearsay

Theres a story that needs telling here. It would appear that the board of governors and management at the school are trying to manage/keep the lid on a mess that's been created by their own hands at the expense of the pupils at the school. I wouldn't be so sure that they should be allowed to control the information flow on the topic just be be given time to cover their asses. I whistle blower here and there can help break the dam of silence.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Estimator

The parents have a open group on Facebook : Concerned Parents of De La Salle. You can have a look at the comments and their PoV. Some comments from parents regarding what's gone on are similar to the above posts, especially who they believe is to blame for the situation.
Ulster League Champions 2009

gallsman

Out of curiosity, has it always formally been "De" La Salle or is this a recent adoption? To me, it was always just La Salle.

Tony Baloney

As far as I can see the teachers have issued no information on this either via a school rep or a union rep. Their omerta damages their position and in my opinion is extremely foolish and unprofessional as ultimately regardless of the Headteachers shortcomings not showing for work is directly damaging the education of children preparing for life - changing exams. In my opinion it is cowardice of the highest order on behalf of the teachers. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2016, 11:31:53 AM
Out of curiosity, has it always formally been "De" La Salle or is this a recent adoption? To me, it was always just La Salle.

nearly sure always De La Salle .. bit like the name of our pitch  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Longshanks

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 23, 2016, 01:51:10 PM
As far as I can see the teachers have issued no information on this either via a school rep or a union rep. Their omerta damages their position and in my opinion is extremely foolish and unprofessional as ultimately regardless of the Headteachers shortcomings not showing for work is directly damaging the education of children preparing for life - changing exams. In my opinion it is cowardice of the highest order on behalf of the teachers.

Whilst I agree to an extent Tony I don't think you can fully comment on the reasoning for all the teachers being off or the circumstances behind them being off, I can obviously only speak regarding teachers I know but the majority would want to help the students but obviously if the conditions are not right to be teaching in something has to give..

FermGael

Farrandeelin

6 weeks lads and ladies. We can do it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.