Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club boi

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 02, 2018, 04:04:41 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 02, 2018, 03:10:13 PM
Tyrone (Allianz FL v Dublin): Niall Morgan; Ciaran McLaughlin, Cathal McCarron, Hugh Pat McGeary; Tiernan McCann, Padraig Hampsey, Peter Harte; Matthew Donnelly, Declan McClure; Richard Donnelly, Niall Sludden, Kieran McGeary; Lee Brennan, Cathal McShane, Connor McAliskey.

Subs: Mickey O'Neill, Mark Bradley, Rory Brennan, Frank Burns, Conall McCann, Aidan McCrory, Michael McKernan, Ronan McNabb, Ronan McNamee, Padraig McNulty, Ronan O'Neill.

No Cassidy again. Injured?

Will pay close attention to Lee Brennan in this game, provided he gets half decent ball - this is the best opposition to judge the lad on.

Or more likely, lamb to slaughter

This is a game were Tyrone are MASSIVE underdogs. Nobody really gives them a chance and I would say deep down Harte knows that. Play Lee Brennan, he doesnt get a kick because Dublin will dictate the game in the Tyrone half and then he can use the excuse he "wasnt ready" and drop him

Has Mc Laughlin ever played corner back?? I hope he doesnt get the same treatment as a club mate did down in Kerry, left out to dry

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Club boi on February 02, 2018, 06:17:39 PM
Tyrone (Allianz FL v Dublin): Niall Morgan; Ciaran McLaughlin, Cathal McCarron, Hugh Pat McGeary; Tiernan McCann, Padraig Hampsey, Peter Harte; Matthew Donnelly, Declan McClure; Richard Donnelly, Niall Sludden, Kieran McGeary; Lee Brennan, Cathal McShane, Connor McAliskey.

Subs: Mickey O'Neill, Mark Bradley, Rory Brennan, Frank Burns, Conall McCann, Aidan McCrory, Michael McKernan, Ronan McNabb, Ronan McNamee, Padraig McNulty, Ronan O'Neill.

Will pay close attention to Lee Brennan in this game, provided he gets half decent ball - this is the best opposition to judge the lad on.

This is a game were Tyrone are MASSIVE underdogs. Nobody really gives them a chance and I would say deep down Harte knows that. Play Lee Brennan, he doesnt get a kick because Dublin will dictate the game in the Tyrone half and then he can use the excuse he "wasnt ready" and drop him

Has Mc Laughlin ever played corner back?? I hope he doesnt get the same treatment as a club mate did down in Kerry, left out to dry

Would you catch yourself. You are one of those crying out for Brennan to get a chance and then when he gets it, you are whinging that he is only being played so it will give the manager an excuse not to play him again.

The treatment Barry Tierney got was that he played plenty of football in the next two years, your criticisms are not in anyway rational which shows up your true colours.

southtyronegael

Quote from: longballin on February 02, 2018, 03:08:59 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 02, 2018, 02:52:51 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 02, 2018, 02:32:44 PM
I'm not sayin mc nulty is the answer just he is one of a number of bigger physical lads with football in they given the chance and the right coaching could do a job for Tyrone. Mickey abandoned them all.

He's not mobile enough. You have to tick all boxes at the highest level - size, power, speed, mobility and a bit of ability.

that rules out a few in the squad!
actually there is a few in the squad that have a BIT of ability.

Carmen Stateside

You are not the first man i have heard this from.  There could be some truth in it alright.  Why now is Lee Brennan ready to start especially when you consider he had a tough sigerson game wednesday past? something strange with it.

redzone

Quote from: The Trap on February 02, 2018, 03:39:01 PM
I dunno its a league game so it could be close. Depends how Dublin approach it and what team they choose!
The result will depend upon how we approach the game and how we play.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 02, 2018, 09:39:52 PM

You are not the first man i have heard this from.  There could be some truth in it alright.  Why now is Lee Brennan ready to start especially when you consider he had a tough sigerson game wednesday past? something strange with it.

Because Peter Harte had a nightmare on frees the last day?
Because McCurry is suspended?

As well put your tin foil hat on.

Carmen Stateside

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 02, 2018, 10:14:49 PM
Bradley would be ideal then.

Is he starting Ciaran McLaughlin for the same reason?

Brennan has hardly played in the last two league campaigns due to his involvement with the u20s.

It's the first season in his Tyrone career where he will get a full run at a league campaign and certain posters are fueling conspiracy stories that Harte is only playing him so he will have reason not to pick him. It's probably the most outlandish thing I have heard here yet and that is saying something.

An Watcher

southtyronegael

will be interesting to see if young brennan gets to take the left footed frees instead of harte.

clarshack

is this Lee Brennan's first start in a proper game?

ose 14

will sweeper system be back sat night. and if so how many. my guess is with that team it wont be 2, mickey taker will have to show the world even if he wont talk to them that hes a student of the game.tyrone will be beat, full backline exposed and big colm, mccrory and mcnamee will be back for kildare monaghan. (full on sweepers back to the fore). a hammering on sat night will only reinforce the negative stuff for the season a bit like roscommon first half last year. no points no goals total fabrication.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ose 14 on February 03, 2018, 07:10:53 AM
will sweeper system be back sat night. and if so how many. my guess is with that team it wont be 2, mickey taker will have to show the world even if he wont talk to them that hes a student of the game.tyrone will be beat, full backline exposed and big colm, mccrory and mcnamee will be back for kildare monaghan. (full on sweepers back to the fore). a hammering on sat night will only reinforce the negative stuff for the season a bit like roscommon first half last year. no points no goals total fabrication.

Does anyone think that just maybe the style of football we play is because it's the most effective with the squad we have?

southtyronegael

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 03, 2018, 07:17:38 AM
Quote from: ose 14 on February 03, 2018, 07:10:53 AM

Does anyone think that just maybe the style of football we play is because it's the most effective with the squad we have?
no bomber nobody thinks that apart from a few of mickeys disciples.