TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 26, 2014, 09:54:58 PM
Marty's fancy bit in Episode 2  :P :-*

Ha the look on my wife's face as it was on lol, when I eventually closed my mouth and wiped it from all the drooling :P I said "see, the secret to a good marriage is a bit on the side"
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

One to go in True Detective!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 03, 2014, 09:49:36 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 26, 2014, 09:54:58 PM
Marty's fancy bit in Episode 2  :P :-*

Ha the look on my wife's face as it was on lol, when I eventually closed my mouth and wiped it from all the drooling :P I said "see, the secret to a good marriage is a bit on the side"
Similar conversation here too  ;D. I have definitely seen worse!

mc_grens

Quote from: gallsman on March 03, 2014, 11:46:00 PM
One to go in True Detective!

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!!

Main Street

Episode 7 of True Detective moves away from the narrative, towards being in the now. a return to the slow crawl pace. The momentum happens off-camera, between the scenes :)
Strange bar that Rust now resides/works in, he and the owner are just about the only customers.

The Iceman

Watched Season 1 of "24" over the past week or two. Lost it a little in the late teen episodes but for the most part it was very well done and some nice twists and turns.
I am a little daunted at the prospect of watching another 24 episodes of it - its a big commitment.

Just started Season 5 of Breaking Bad as they added the remaining episodes on NetFlix....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

nrico2006

Matthew McConaughey has always been a favourite of mine.  Over the past year or two he has been in some brilliant films such as Killer Joe, Mud and the Lincoln Lawyer.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armaghgeddon

Still hugely impressed with The Blacklist.
It has the main storyline for the episode but then there are a few little storylines developing in the background.

nrico2006

Really like the Blacklist too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

TD wrapped up nicely last night.

Billys Boots

Quote from: gallsman on March 10, 2014, 12:05:54 PM

Gonna watch it tonight - am really looking forward to it. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Main Street

Im having a few friends around.
It's bigger than superbowl.

Though I'm not expecting any crude, thriller drama, wtf endings with a double twist.

Billys Boots

Great stuff, really enjoyed it - not a weak episode, well-acted and beautifully paced. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Main Street

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 11, 2014, 08:42:23 AM

Great stuff, really enjoyed it - not a weak episode, well-acted and beautifully paced. 

Maybe a SPOILER  here

Wrapped up nicely indeed but what an episode to wrap up such a storyline and complex characters.
For most of the previous episodes we had  Rust, the sense of his darkness and the conspiracy of overwhelming evil, alongside his polar opposite  ("you're a lying sack of sh*t") Marty and his cautious conservatism. By the end,  Rust met the root of his darkness (daughter) and came through (looking like Jesus) and Marty had his appreciation of the extent of the darkness, internal that plagued Rust and external in the society.

How about this scene?

Tony Baloney

Absolutely fantastic stuff. McConaughey will be adding an Emmy to the Oscar this year. Not a single minute wasted or out of place. Best tv I have seen in years.