Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In hiding

Tyrone will beat Roscommon by at least 7
They will beat Cork by at least 12
No idea how the Dublin game in Omagh will pan out.
If they play Donegal in the semis they will win by 2 or 3
Then will lose by 5 to Dublin in the final
Only Dublin and Donegal have the intelligence needed to beat Tyrone and I don't think Donegal are good enough.
If Tyrone concede the opposition kickouts against Dublin the way they did last Saturday then they will not win.

tyrone08

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 08, 2019, 12:40:07 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on July 08, 2019, 12:18:34 PM
After seeing the highlights of the cork game there is no guarantee that tyrone will progress. You dont want to be playing dublin needing any points to progress. Corks kicking into the full forwards was excellent.

Which hopefully is bread and butter to our defensive system

That's what I am hoping. Hard to judge cork at the minute. Does the winners of the group play the runners up of the other group?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: In hiding on July 08, 2019, 12:45:24 PM
Only Dublin and Donegal have the intelligence needed to beat Tyrone and I don't think Donegal are good enough.
If Tyrone concede the opposition kickouts against Dublin the way they did last Saturday then they will not win.

I don't know where to start with that.

RedHand88

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 08, 2019, 12:48:47 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 08, 2019, 12:40:07 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on July 08, 2019, 12:18:34 PM
After seeing the highlights of the cork game there is no guarantee that tyrone will progress. You dont want to be playing dublin needing any points to progress. Corks kicking into the full forwards was excellent.

Which hopefully is bread and butter to our defensive system

That's what I am hoping. Hard to judge cork at the minute. Does the winners of the group play the runners up of the other group?

Yes, first plays second in the semis.
Laois defending was abysmal yesterday, they were gifting cork scores. I wouldn't worry too much.

Fuzzman

Yeah I'm certainly back enjoying watching Tyrone play as opposed to a few years ago where it was such crap to watch and all negative siege mentality and negative story after story in the media.
The bar has been raised big time for us that we expect to get to the last 8 every year now and usually it's a question of have we improved enough to beat Mayo or Kerry as we know we're still a bit behind Dublin but last year will do this team the power of good. To me we look like we have improved since last year with a few new players introduced and have became regulars and with McShane showing that's he's lot more than a raw midfielder thrown in at FF to win primary ball.
He has shown he can win his own ball even when double marked and can take a man on and beat him. He has pace and strength which allows Mattie and Petey to play further out the field where they are needed.

Cassidy has really settled in well and shows he can push forward and take scores as well as Tiernan could a few years ago.
Colm back as sweeper makes our defence a lot more secure and I think we can still play him there but with 2 or even 3 players up front at times.
Im delighted with the run this year again but I'd still not be sure are we able for Kerry or Mayo. Last year we avoided them and got lucky with the draw. Until you beat them you can't say we were better than them

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 08, 2019, 01:04:55 PM
Yeah I'm certainly back enjoying watching Tyrone play as opposed to a few years ago where it was such crap to watch and all negative siege mentality and negative story after story in the media.
The bar has been raised big time for us that we expect to get to the last 8 every year now and usually it's a question of have we improved enough to beat Mayo or Kerry as we know we're still a bit behind Dublin but last year will do this team the power of good. To me we look like we have improved since last year with a few new players introduced and have became regulars and with McShane showing that's he's lot more than a raw midfielder thrown in at FF to win primary ball.
He has shown he can win his own ball even when double marked and can take a man on and beat him. He has pace and strength which allows Mattie and Petey to play further out the field where they are needed.

Cassidy has really settled in well and shows he can push forward and take scores as well as Tiernan could a few years ago.
Colm back as sweeper makes our defence a lot more secure and I think we can still play him there but with 2 or even 3 players up front at times.
Im delighted with the run this year again but I'd still not be sure are we able for Kerry or Mayo. Last year we avoided them and got lucky with the draw. Until you beat them you can't say we were better than them

We didn't avoid Mayo or Kerry last year because of a lucky draw. We avoided them because they were both very poor last year. Mayo lost to Galway and Kildare and Kerry were very very poor against both Galway and Monaghan. Beating Donegal in Ballybofey was much tougher than taking on either of them last year in croke park based on their performances. That's not to say they won't/haven't improved a bit this year but time will tell how far they go.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Jim Bob on July 07, 2019, 04:26:04 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on July 07, 2019, 03:09:17 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on July 07, 2019, 12:29:24 PM
I see the tyrone boys celebrated their win with a wee singalong on the bus home!!!

Saw that myself.  I'd imagine it wasnt joe doyle who captured it because his camera is alot better so the question is who was the idiot who recorded it and then sent it on. 

Be interesting to see if the media get their hands on it because there will the customary outrage from our orange brethren.

Id say the 'cameraman' is a popular boy today !!!
The arsehole deserves beaten to a pulp.

Jayop

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 08, 2019, 12:54:05 PM
Quote from: In hiding on July 08, 2019, 12:45:24 PM

I don't know where to start with that.

I'd say it's possibly not too far off how I'd expect the rest of the year to pan out too, probably with the exception of the Rossies, I think that could be a lot closer this year and within a goal for the winner.

Cork despite playing better against Kerry while losing are still a poor enough side  that will be playing in D3 next year. They should be canon fodder for Tyrone in the Super8 especially in Croker. The Dublin game will depend largely on whether we both go into it with full points on board and how the other group ends up looking too. Tyrone won't be looking to avoid anyone in the semi-final but Dublin might have half an eye on that one. I think they'd prefer Kerry if I'm honest.

If we get Donegal in the semi then I'd expect us to turn over the earlier result. We're going much much better now. I'd also expect us to lose the final by a few points to Dublin while improving on the last few croker performances against them.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 08, 2019, 08:04:38 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on July 07, 2019, 04:26:04 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on July 07, 2019, 03:09:17 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on July 07, 2019, 12:29:24 PM
I see the tyrone boys celebrated their win with a wee singalong on the bus home!!!

Saw that myself.  I'd imagine it wasnt joe doyle who captured it because his camera is alot better so the question is who was the idiot who recorded it and then sent it on. 

Be interesting to see if the media get their hands on it because there will the customary outrage from our orange brethren.

Id say the 'cameraman' is a popular boy today !!!
The arsehole deserves beaten to a pulp.
it all over BBC news.

RedHand88

Whatever possessed him to record and share that on social media. Can only put it down to being young and naive.

Jayop

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 08, 2019, 01:32:13 PM

We didn't avoid Mayo or Kerry last year because of a lucky draw. We avoided them because they were both very poor last year. Mayo lost to Galway and Kildare and Kerry were very very poor against both Galway and Monaghan. Beating Donegal in Ballybofey was much tougher than taking on either of them last year in croke park based on their performances. That's not to say they won't/haven't improved a bit this year but time will tell how far they go.

This is true and I feel we would have beaten either last year but like was said, until we finally do beat one of those three we won't know. Donegal have been a bit ahead of us this decade but this last game apart we seem to have their measure but that's a derby game and a bit different.

What's both annoying and can be looked at as a positive is that it's a long time since we've gone out of the championship to anyone other than the winner of the beaten finalist.

2018 - Dubs - final - winner
2017 - Dubs - semi - winner
2016 - Mayo - quarter - finalist
2015 - Kerry - semi - finalist
2014 - Armagh - Qualifier
2013 - Kerry - semi - finalist
2012 - Kerry - qualifier
2011 - Dubs - quarter - winner
2010 - Dubs - quarter
2009 - Cork - semi - finalist

So in the last ten years we've only been beaten three times by someone that wasn't in the final, and only once by a team outside of the usual top 3. Unfortunately you have to go back to 2008 to find the last championship wins against Dublin, Kerry or Mayo and funny that year we beat all three of them.

Losing to Armagh was the only really bad defeat in that ten years and a fair few of them games that we lost I felt we were robbed in.

Cactus Wagon

Whilst they did a great version of the tune, Alan Partridge, did a much better version, live on the bbc! I think Mickey and the team would agree!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPteP8dZFkI

LeoMc

Quote from: hardstation on July 08, 2019, 08:45:14 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 08, 2019, 08:35:39 PM
Whatever possessed him to record and share that on social media. Can only put it down to being young and naive.
If they're willing to do it, no point complaining about people knowing about it.

Don't see a major issue myself.
I would have an issue with someone in the panel who could not be trusted to maintain the team bond. Be interesting to see if 1 of the Aghayaran boys is "injured" and not togged out next week.

Angelo

Mountain out of a molehill.

I doubt anybody really cares, we all know what the orange marches represent. Harte will come and condemn it publicly due to political pressure but I'd say there will just be a bit of a lecture about being careful with social media and no more.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL