LOI 2022/ Bohs?

Started by Captain Scarlet, December 08, 2021, 12:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

First I will admit I am not a LOI head but I do watch games when they are on telly and am thinking of jumping on the Shels and Duffer bandwagon next year.

But, I have an unnatural dislike of Bohs...like it's all window dressing and how amazing they are.

Like all the club poet, walking tour and biodiversity officer stuff and then they claim that the few idiots attacking Pats fans were nothing to do with them. Likewise some of the chanting they disowned during the year but no-one seems to have been dealt with.

They are an Instagram club to me. Like all the talk of the amazing club and all the community work but they seem to ignore the football side of things.

Are there Bohs fans on here? I should like them as I do indulge in aul hipster shite myself from time to time but I just can't take them..

Overall will Rovers do it again? Shels must have a few quid promised for players to Duff too...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

J70

Bohs are a hipster team now? :D

I keep a keen eye on Finn Harps from afar. Been a long time since I'd the opportunity to go to Finn Park for a match, but there were some fun nights back in the Jonny Speak era (as both player and manager). They're doing very well just hanging in there in the top division the last few seasons.

laoislad

Was a regular at Kilkenny City games back in the day but haven't been to a LOI game in years apart from a couple FAI Cup Finals and remember going to a Champions League game between Shelbourne and Deportivo de La Coruna in Lansdowne back in the early 2000s, they should have won that game actually.
My middle kid did a summer camp with Shamrock Rovers and has taken an interest in them as a result and said he wants to go to a game. They would be the nearest club to be anyway so will take him next year.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

I admit I'm not a LOI expert but in Spain Deportivo de La Coruna has the nicest sounding name of any team anywhere.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Cyril Farrell fan

If you don't want to associate with mouthy Dubs, then stay away from both Bohs and Rovers.

Jell 0 Biafra

Baile Brigín 2

The problems with Bohs aren't the campaigns. All worthy causes. But most LoI clubs do it without the fanfare. I understand Bohs fans explicitly copied Rovers on the direct provision thing and Pats are hugely active in terms of local charities. It seems to have replaced winning games and trophies. So what if it's the clubs longest trophiless streak ever, we have a poet and got a grant.

But what was very telling is the refugees logo was nixed for the cup final on the shirt snd the main sponsor thrown on. Defeats the purpose surely?

The old and new will fall out.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: J70 on December 08, 2021, 01:00:57 PM
Bohs are a hipster team now? :D

Very. Their ceo saw the demographic changes in D7 and went after the blow ins. Stone Island beside tattered trenchcoats with Flann O'Brien novels in the pocket.