AFL 2008

Started by zoyler, March 22, 2008, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoyler

Its like the difference between line angling and trawling ! 

Tadhg_Kennelly

The Saints v Dockers game was the worst game of the year!

Aerlik

Quote from: Tadhg_Kennelly on June 21, 2008, 04:07:14 AM
The Saints v Dockers game was the worst game of the year!

Aye, absolute pute shite.  Jeeeeeezus how difficult is it to kick the feckin thing?  Mini me was out yesterday scoring from all angles and yet these eejits...ahhh feckit, I'm still upset.  Feck.  Nah, I'm not going to comment any more.  What should have been consilidation of a top-4 place is seeing how to escape the bottom 4.  But wait...

hark...

I hear something...

was that a Miaow from the WC Eagles

Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Suddenly a gloomy weekend became all the brighter.  The snobs totally leathered by .... 135 points... at home....hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The back page on the paper yesterday was gold...."Kitty Litter"  cos they were totally shat on.

There now.  I'm feeling better already.

Bombers next Sunday. (gulp)
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

orangeman

Top Australian sports agent Ricky Nixon has accused Tadhg Kennelly of 'sour grapes' after the Kerry native slated the agent for his plan to hold a training camp in Ireland to identify potential AFL recruits.

'I think people need to understand that the day after I proposed my programme Tadhg went to the AFL with his manager and said he could compete with me and do the same thing,' Nixon told the Irish Star.

And Nixon has said his camp is a better alternative to than what he claims was set to be a free-for-all.

'What was about to happen was an explosion of clubs coming over here, willy nilly, unofficially, ducking behind trees, ringing players and being pretty disorganised.

'What I'm trying to put in place is something organised, up front and honest.'

Aerlik

:-\
Aye as predicted, Freo snatched defeat from the open goals of victory YET again this season.  Was at the game too which made it more disappointing.  Some big surprises this weekend.  
Jim Stynes' Melbourne won an entertaining game v. Brisbane (Begley still out I believe)
The Eagles got leathered again v. Hawthorn, although not as much as the week before
St.Kilda came from behind to beat N.Melbourne in a fairly decent game
The best game for me was the Carlton victory over Richmond.  Big Setanta did OK and he seems to get alot of game time.
Western Bulldogs hammered Pt.Adelaide.
We threw away another win against Essendon -Oakleaf has already been on to me about it.

Next weekend sees only two games, Collingwood v. Sydney the unofficial Melbourne v. Sydney game as Collingwood thinks it is Victoria, period, and Adelaide v. Geelong.

2.12% seperates West Coast and the bottom of the ladder.

Maximus Marillius

Admin why is this thread in the Gaa section?

Jinxy

I have to agree. I watch the AFL a good bit but we might as well have a soccer/rugby thread in here following the careers of all the ex-GAA players i.e. Kevin Doyle, Shane Horgan, Niall Ronan, Shane Long etc. The interested parties will still be able to find the thread in the non-GAA section.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Uladh

Those who have taken flight for the smell of the pound have forfeited their right to be on the main page....

orangeman

Quote from: Uladh on July 01, 2008, 02:31:43 PM

Those who have taken flight for the smell of the pound have forfeited their right to be on the main page....

:D ;D

Aerlik

Both Clarke and Kennelly start for their respective teams in the big game this weekend.  Should be a good game.

stephenite

Heading out to Olympic Stadium on Saturday evening for this one - looking forward to seeing both lads playing.

Bod Mor

Quote from: stephenite on July 03, 2008, 11:04:06 PM
Heading out to Olympic Stadium on Saturday evening for this one - looking forward to seeing both lads playing.

Will be there too. It would be handy if every Swans match was in ANZ stadium, right next door to me. I was there last year when Clarke stole the show. I haven't seen Kennelly play in person for quite some time.Should be a good match.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

stephenite

I hate ANZ, it's not that far for me either, but I much perfer the atmosphere at the SCG

RedandGreenSniper

Heading out too. Its a balls of a job out in Homebush though, Saturday evening games are great in the SCG so ya can head straight to town afterwards.
Beer won't go hand in hand with watching the Swans in Homebush though. Still really looking forward to seeing Clarke play for the first time. Hopefully it'll be a dinger
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Bod Mor

Does anyone else find themselves explaining the rules to all the Aussies surrounding you at the game? I've noticed this at every Swans game I've been too. Also, there seems to be more Irish accents heard in the queues on the way into the match than anything else.

RedAndGreenSniper sure a train from Olympic Park to Lidcombe then to the city is only half an hour. Don't let that ruin your night.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.