The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

It looks like they are f**king sitting on zebras.
Whoever designed the studio needs shot

screenexile

YEah I don't like the way Tohill and Joanne have to stay there like lemons listening to what the lads have to say without having any real input... it looks stupid!

As for the rest of it well I thought the overhead shots are OK, it looked pretty cool when giving the MOTM nominees for the Galway game. The setup looks a bit like a quiz show with the two lads facing Spillane the quizmaster.

Other than that the analysis thing is pretty cool. Young Joanne will imptrove as she gets a bit more experienced, the new music is back and we get a look at Joanne so not all bad.

Oh yeah and on the Joanne Cantwell thing. Is she actually good looking or is it just that it's a novelty having a woman on the Sunday Game. Is it elevating her status without her really deserving it?

AZOffaly

I think she's a nice looking girl, just as Evanne is as well. (Although the camera doesn't do her (Evanne) justice). Having said that, it could be a case of 'what's rare is wonderful' as looking at Spillane, Lyons, Davis, O'Rourke and Brolly would make Rose West look like a cracker :D

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on May 19, 2008, 02:53:27 PM
Yes, Joanne should be made to wear just her underwear.

Also, it would be great craic if Tohill hit the wrong button and the gaaboard came up on the screen showing that he is swaman or pintsofguinness or someone.

Tommy Lyons should be made just to wear his underwear......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Whatever floats yer boat....

Croí na hÉireann

Would have to agree strongly that Evanne looks 10 times better in the flesh, saw her in Croker last year and had trouble remembering there was a match on...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

BallyhaiseMan

id love to see Tohill lose the head and go down and put some manners on the two, fools down there.  :)

ziggysego

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 19, 2008, 03:14:58 PM
id love to see Tohill lose the head and go down and put some manners on the two, fools down there.  :)

I'd pay the license just for that
Testing Accessibility

ludermor

There must be a few lads here hoping evanne reads this and will be introducing themselves the next time ye see her!

scalder

Did any of you hear Des Cahill last week, Evanne was in doing the sports bullitin in her camoige gear, Des seemed more than a little excited, not that I could blame the man!

Tyrone Dreamer

Hasnt been any real big matches so far but I definately think there is to much talk on the Sunday game and not enough action. The action nearly seems to be a side show with most of the emphasis on the pundits. If they want to talk then a midweek show would be much better and could also be used to preview the next weeks games as someone else said. A lot of people go to watch gaelic games on a Sunday afternoon so decent highlights is definately needed on Sunday night. There certainly wouldnt be any point in avoiding the scores so you could watch the games that night due to the lack of coverage.

Main Street

Exactly TD
Does no one watch the football?

My complaint is there is not enough of the highlights.
At least another 5 mins a game  and less chit chat.

Maguire01

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 19, 2008, 03:14:58 PM
id love to see Tohill lose the head and go down and put some manners on the two, fools down there.  :)

I can't see Tohill ever summoning enough emotion to do anything even remotely exciting.  He's as dull as you can get.

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2008, 10:54:01 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 19, 2008, 02:53:27 PM
Yes, Joanne should be made to wear just her underwear.
I see she hasn't been reading the board. :'(

Could be one of the extra features when you press the red button.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Did any of those photos match the names of the players for Fermanagh's Man of the Match?  There were 2 pictures of the same man with 2 different names.  I'm pretty sure neither were Marty McGrath! I'm not overly familiar with the Fermanagh players, but didn't recognise any of the mug-shots on screen.