Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

He could have caught the ball instead of punching it straight to Murchan as well. Well done Dublin, once the goal went in I felt it was inevitable that they would win.

I can't see Dublin suffering 16 years of hurt again...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

MayoBuck

Stephen O'Brien should have been tracking Murchan but was nowhere to be seen. Never mind the centre of Kerry's defence going AWOL.

tonto1888

Quote from: MayoBuck on September 15, 2019, 02:51:05 PM
Quote from: WhoDat on September 15, 2019, 02:45:06 PM
david moran cost Kerry, I thought
he was shocking in the second half

Kicked a few wides as did other Kerry players but he was their standout player this year IMO. There wouldn't have been a replay without him.

Agreed. What age is he? Kerry will need him if they want to win an all Ireland any time soon

From the Bunker

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 15, 2019, 04:11:59 PM

Kicked a few wides as did other Kerry players but he was their standout player this year IMO. There wouldn't have been a replay without him.

Agreed. What age is he? Kerry will need him if they want to win an all Ireland any time soon

Young enough 31!

Has done his left Cruciate Ligament twice and had a freak torn retina injury in one of his eyes.

He's been through the wars!

tonto1888

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 15, 2019, 04:55:46 PM

Young enough 31!

Has done his left Cruciate Ligament twice and had a freak torn retina injury in one of his eyes.

He's been through the wars!

I thought he was a bit older. He's done well to reach the levels he has after those injuries. He's a fabulous player

Hound

Quote from: Rossfan on September 15, 2019, 02:47:32 PM
,"Country people" ;D Bet some of them are Townies. And people were going to Dublin for work since the foundation of the over Centralised 26 Co State.
Anyway 1930s no AI
1940s 1 AI
1950s 1 AI
1960s 1 AI
1970s 3 AIs
1980s 1 AI
1990s 1 AI
2000s 0 AI
2010s 7 AIs.
Hmmmmmmmm...........
Read the article and see why.
Or don't and continue to be an imbecile.

Armagh18

Goal definitely should have been a free out, he takes about ten steps before taking the shot, but Kerry deserved to concede a goal for letting a man run through the centre of their defence from his own half. Bad refereeing to show the wrong man a black card and then for him to not even go off.

Overall though a very good game with two excellent teams, fair play to the Dubs some achievement but theres plenty of AI's in that Kerry team to come

Hound

I didn't get to watch any of the TV coverage of the first match, and it goes without saying he had a monster game.

But just watched the Sky pre match coverage of the replay and Donaghy and Canavan did a piece on Moran's final turnover. This may have been covered on tv on the day, but I hadn't realized the starkness of it.

Deep into injury time, with Kerry one point up, Moran is soloing in space past half way. Tommy Walsh is practically on his own in the left corner forward position. Only Cluxton is marking him, standing on the edge of the D. It's an easy pass, especially for someone of Moran's ability. It's a guaranteed score if Moran gets the ball away, possibly an easy goal.

But Moran just holds onto too long. Davy Byrne makes a brilliant hard run to get a hand in, to stop Moran's run. Kev Mac gets in and dislodges the ball. Kilkenny picks up the breaking ball and feeds Murchan who takes off down the field. Connolly makes a good run off the ball which seems to catch Foley's eye and he gives Rock two yards of space. Murchan feeds Rock and Deano curls it over.

Key moment. Small margins.

tonto1888

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 15, 2019, 05:13:14 PM
Goal definitely should have been a free out, he takes about ten steps before taking the shot, but Kerry deserved to concede a goal for letting a man run through the centre of their defence from his own half. Bad refereeing to show the wrong man a black card and then for him to not even go off.

Overall though a very good game with two excellent teams, fair play to the Dubs some achievement but theres plenty of AI's in that Kerry team to come

The ref was giving Murchan an advantage. Should have been a free in rather than out had he blown. He didn't black card Fitzsimons. He just ticked him

MayoBuck

The main difference between our games against Kerry in the league and championship was David Moran. When he's there, they are almost guaranteed to win midfield. Everyone is saying Kerry are sure to win multiple Irelands in the next decade but they will have to replace Moran in the near future. I don't see an obvious option currently. Barry, Spillane and O'Connor are okay but won't do the same job.

WhoDat

ok but in the game yesterday he was very poor and responsible for a couple of bad plays and awful wides.

Rossfan

Quote from: Hound on September 15, 2019, 05:11:25 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 15, 2019, 02:47:32 PM
,"Country people" ;D Bet some of them are Townies. And people were going to Dublin for work since the foundation of the over Centralised 26 Co State.
Anyway 1930s no AI
1940s 1 AI
1950s 1 AI
1960s 1 AI
1970s 3 AIs
1980s 1 AI
1990s 1 AI
2000s 0 AI
2010s 7 AIs.
Hmmmmmmmm...........
Read the article and see why.
Or don't and continue to be an imbecile.
What a nasty little maneen!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

MayoBuck

Quote from: WhoDat on September 15, 2019, 05:57:48 PM

ok but in the game yesterday he was very poor and responsible for a couple of bad plays and awful wides.

I don't agree that he was very poor, was still the best midfielder on show and integral to any good play from Kerry. The fact he went out of the game a bit in the 2nd half and no other Kerry player stood up shows his importance.

BennyCake

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 15, 2019, 05:13:14 PM

Dublin have a habit of doing that ;)

Was that really a black card though?

whitey

I remarked to someone yesterday that if Aiden O Se did what Moran did yesterday that caused the goal we'd never hear the end of it