The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

RedHand88

It's just not meant to be is it.

Armamike

City know they have it now.  They'll hammer Brighton.  They've won 13 games on the trot and been totally focused on it.. All we needed was them to draw one game -one poxy game!  Superhuman effort from Liverpool though to keep pace.  Will challenge City again next season and hope that at some point City will take the foot off the gas or lose Guardiola.

That's just, like your opinion man.

dec

Man City last dropped league points on the 29th January

Liverpool's next 6 games were where the league was lost

30 January 2019 24   Liverpool   1–1   Leicester City   
4 February 2019 25   West Ham United   1–1   Liverpool   
9 February 2019 26   Liverpool   3–0   Bournemouth   
24 February 2019 27   Manchester United   0–0   Liverpool   
27 February 2019 28   Liverpool   5–0   Watford   
3 March 2019 29   Everton   0–0   Liverpool   

RedHand88

I actually can't believe 97 points isn't enough.

Over the Bar

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 06, 2019, 11:01:22 PM
I actually can't believe 97 points isn't enough.

Even 98 unlikely to have been enough given GD.

It's as if God sent Alex Ferguson to punish the scourers for something.  Since Fergie couldn't go on forever he then sent the miracle of Leicester followed by Guardiola for even more punishment! 8) >:(

Hound

Quote from: laoislad on May 06, 2019, 10:13:27 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 06, 2019, 09:50:57 PM
That is that!
Yeah all over. A great season nonetheless, the progress from last season has been incredible. To bring a side like City to the last day of the season is a fair feat. Would expect City to put 4 or 5 past Brighton.
It will between City and Liverpool again next season, I'd love it if Pep fecked off in the summer!
The last time we went close we didn't build on it, this time feels different  and as Klopp himself says its only the start for this team.
Onto tomorrow night now, whatever slim chance we had is now gone with Bobby and Mo out.
Unlike last night, City will do the decent thing on Sunday and put us out of our misery good and early!

Not so sure about next year. I think we've overachieved points wise, would think somewhere in the 80s next year is more likely. And that's assuming none of the three lads are persuaded to go elsewhere.

thebuzz

Quote from: laoislad on May 06, 2019, 02:00:12 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 06, 2019, 12:16:56 PM
Agree Jog. 10yr old at the same stage. Been there done it mesel so prepared for the ups and downs lol but its all new to him and everyday its a new debate on the playground and then ten questions for me "daddy is allison in your top 50 players in the world" etc etc etc 😃
Love it. Cant wait till mine are a  bit older and I can have conversations with them like that. My 5 year old has asked me who would win between Laois and Liverpool though. ;D

I was just an ABU supporter for years. My lad is 21 this weekend and an ardent Liverpool supporter. He gets me to go to the pub with him to watch the matches. Win or lose it's one of the joys of life and makes everything worthwhile  :) :)

Keyser soze

Think there will be 2 draws on Sunday as the tension takes its toll. Be amazing if there was a reverse Michael Thomas moment though.

trailer

If Liverpool don't win the league this year, they'll never win it. The amount of small decisions and luck they've had, they're unlikely to be as lucky again or have as many marginal calls go their way.

trueblue1234

Quote from: trailer on May 07, 2019, 03:37:06 PM
If Liverpool don't win the league this year, they'll never win it. The amount of small decisions and luck they've had, they're unlikely to be as lucky again or have as many marginal calls go their way.

Don't think they've been particular lucky this year to be honest. I do think they'll struggle to win a league against that City team right enough. But think they're best placed to do so. They've the next best squad and more importantly for me the best manager.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

The everton and spurs games they were very lucky in. The everton game was one of the most bizarre wins you would ever see.

trueblue1234

Absolutely but they've had some bad luck as well. Mane's goal ruled out against Arsenal and the Leicester game where we should have had a penalty. Swings and roundabouts. I'm sure City could point to both bad and good luck in their games as well. Put it this way, I don't think it's luck that has them in second place. Them along with City have been the best/ 2nd best teams in the league by a mile this season. You have to look at the others and wonder where a challenge will come from? United have the financial power to turn things round quickly if they were set up right, which they're not. Spurs are well managed but lack the funding to compete even with Liverpool. Chelsea, like United have the potential to invest heavily but not sure they have the right leadership either. Arsenal are Arsenal but seem to lack the 2-3 big signings that would be required to make them challengers.

A lot can change in a season, and Liverpool could fall away badly next year or one of the others might get their act together. But if I was hazarding a guess at the top two next year, I'd still go for Liverpool and City again.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

TabClear

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 07, 2019, 04:21:54 PM
Absolutely but they've had some bad luck as well. Mane's goal ruled out against Arsenal and the Leicester game where we should have had a penalty. Swings and roundabouts. I'm sure City could point to both bad and good luck in their games as well. Put it this way, I don't think it's luck that has them in second place. Them along with City have been the best/ 2nd best teams in the league by a mile this season. You have to look at the others and wonder where a challenge will come from? United have the financial power to turn things round quickly if they were set up right, which they're not. Spurs are well managed but lack the funding to compete even with Liverpool. Chelsea, like United have the potential to invest heavily but not sure they have the right leadership either. Arsenal are Arsenal but seem to lack the 2-3 big signings that would be required to make them challengers.

A lot can change in a season, and Liverpool could fall away badly next year or one of the others might get their act together. But if I was hazarding a guess at the top two next year, I'd still go for Liverpool and City again.

Agree with that. Yes Liverpool have had some large slices of fortune but so have City.  Stones clearance from Mane was 11mm from putting Liverpool 1 up in that game, and never mind how the clearance missed hitting Salah and going in. Agero's goal recently was 23mm over the line and they won one nil. Small margins.