China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Apparently epo, one of Lance armstong's favourites, has had some success in helping more severe cases.

Farrandeelin

See the video of people on Dame Street on Twitter. Hope none of them have it because it's a disgrace imo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Smurfy123

How's it a disgrace? If it was a street in say Vienna people would be talking about what a great scene people outside enjoying a drink. It was crowded from the video but we didn't see any drunking messes. Thoughts

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 04, 2020, 11:55:22 PM
See the video of people on Dame Street on Twitter. Hope none of them have it because it's a disgrace imo.

The carefree attitude was disappointing viewing. No problem going out for a quiet pint or meal but personally i wouldn't go near crowded places like that and I'd wonder how long was it before the Garda arrived and restored some sort of order and social distancing?

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

trailer

The death total seems to have been artificially inflated from what I've heard. A lot of ppl down as dying from Covid when they had a terminal illness. Why?

sid waddell

Quote from: trailer on July 05, 2020, 03:22:35 PM
The death total seems to have been artificially inflated from what I've heard. A lot of ppl down as dying from Covid when they had a terminal illness. Why?
Probably because they actually died from Covid.

Maiden1

Quote from: sid waddell on July 05, 2020, 03:26:03 PM
In Ireland we counted all deaths, in all settings, suspected cases even when no lab test was done, and included people with underlying terminal illnesses who died with Covid but not of it.

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1278995351169613824
There are no proofs, only opinions.

thewobbler

Looking forward to seeing Sid's next move.

Retraction is unlikely, it's just not in his character. Rubbishing the source is a possibility, and would be the usual response, but as Leo can't gain anything from this admission, there are few angles to take there. The most likely strategy will be to ignore it and pretend it didn't happen. Someone somewhere needs to ba called a a fascist, and that will keep him busy instead. 

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: sid waddell on July 05, 2020, 03:26:03 PM

Died from and died with, are two very different things. And in time to come we should see a great distinction between the two.

Rossfan

The Covid deniers are all excited because a statistic of the number of deaths has been amended.

How sad is that?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thewobbler

Quote from: Rossfan on July 05, 2020, 04:55:03 PM
The Covid deniers are all excited because a statistic of the number of deaths has been amended.

How sad is that?

There's no excitement here. I've been sceptical about numbers since the start of the virus, and remain sceptical no matter which direction they take. Others might be determined to use/abuse numbers to their advantage, but not my style.

trailer

I don't deny Covid. But it has completely overhyped beyond belief.

Rossfan

Try telling that to someone who spent 2 or 3 weeks on a ventilator in an induced coma and who is suffering ongoing blood clots, fatigue etc since they recovered and got home.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

It's been known for months that ROI followed the WHO's guidelines and included every possible death many other countries didn't do that and it made Ireland look worse on the death tables that some lads were running on social media.

Another week over.

Deaths 11 (half the amount of deaths compared to last week)
Cases 91 from 35,252 tests the last 7 days

Hopefully the scenes such as Dame Street last night doesn't bring a spike in cases next week.

trailer

Quote from: Rossfan on July 05, 2020, 05:46:51 PM
Try telling that to someone who spent 2 or 3 weeks on a ventilator in an induced coma and who is suffering ongoing blood clots, fatigue etc since they recovered and got home.

Yawn