Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Quote from: chieftain on September 25, 2018, 02:34:40 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on September 25, 2018, 12:08:13 PM
Quote from: chieftain on September 24, 2018, 12:26:59 PM
Was at a few games over the weekend. Errigal looked flying fit, serious turn of pace from them. Carmen actually took off players that were performing well. Overall the better team won. Dromore disappointed yesterday, Their tactics were baffling at times, they have one of the best forward units around and yet played 12-14 men behind the ball. Could understand sludden playing as a sweeper in the first half against the breeze but with the wind second half he spent far too much time in his own half. Hampsey was immense, MOM by a mile. Coalisland errigal will be interesting. Cant see errigal allowing the short kick outs or the free man for kick outs the way dromore did. Is johnny curran injured?

I honestly think coalisland will dispense of Errigal with a few points to spare.  Although Errigal have a lot of speed in their forward unit their defence is very questionable.  We caused them a lot of problems with 2 championship debutants and 3 men over 30 in our forward line. Not convinced by Errigal at all.

I agree with regards to the errigal reargaurd but there might be a reshuffle in there, cant see kavanagh starting in defense again. Will coalisland have enough in attack though? Mcneice looked sharper than ive seen him in a few years and could cause a few problems. Hopefully both teams go for it and it turns into a shoot out.
I didn't see the Carmen game but errigal had the best defensive record in the league going into it.  Maybe Carmen aren't getting enough credit for taking the game to errigal. Coaisland will do similar, but they can't afford to hit 13 wides this time. Errigal bench is very strong with coaislands poor. Errigal to pull away to win in the last 10 min or so. It will end a great weekend of football in carrickmore on Sunday evening

Jim Bob

Moy GFC appealing CCC findings re Cavanagh

Tyrone Gaa

See that obviously wasn't an accident and that's the way Moy see it, the way Meyler seen it and the way I seen it. But what good will an appeal do for the Moy? Galbally will be the biggest beneficiaries although if the CCC do accept the appeal Edendork will take them to court.

Get the popcorn out
Living the dream!!!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 26, 2018, 12:07:05 AM
See that obviously wasn't an accident and that's the way Moy see it, the way Meyler seen it and the way I seen it. But what good will an appeal do for the Moy? Galbally will be the biggest beneficiaries although if the CCC do accept the appeal Edendork will take them to court.

Get the popcorn out

I suppose they just wanted to set the record straight given such public statements from both Edendork and the county board that the incident was a pure accident. They obviously feel the video shows something different to that. The county board don't tend to be strong when it comes to things like this and given all the media around Sean Cavanagh recently they were maybe even less likely to act.

BIGONE

Anyone else bored of this whole Cavanagh stuff? If it had been any other player on the pitch there wouldn't be a word about it?

The Golden Years

Quote from: BIGONE on September 26, 2018, 07:56:24 AM
Anyone else bored of this whole Cavanagh stuff? If it had been any other player on the pitch there wouldn't be a word about it?

Totally agree. 

Under Lights

Any word of Stewartstown? Any suspensions?

Under Lights

The video of the Sean Cavanagh incident bound to be leaked soon.

Redhand Santa

Probably not but IF it was deliberate there should be plenty said about it. No player should be knocked out, suffer concussion and a broken nose as a result of someone colliding with their head deliberately with their knees. And the county board certainly shouldn't be covering up the incident if that is the case by releasing statements effectively saying it was accidental if it wasn't. IF it was deliberate incidents like that should be highlighted as there is currently far too much of it going on in the game and is going to have serious consequences if not addressed.

trailer

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 26, 2018, 08:54:07 AM

Probably not but IF it was deliberate there should be plenty said about it. No player should be knocked out, suffer concussion and a broken nose as a result of someone colliding with their head deliberately with their knees. And the county board certainly shouldn't be covering up the incident if that is the case by releasing statements effectively saying it was accidental if it wasn't. IF it was deliberate incidents like that should be highlighted as there is currently far too much of it going on in the game and is going to have serious consequences if not addressed.

I think this is the crux of it. The county board won't release the video. After the antics of the Friday night before, They are engaged in a cover up. Edendork and the county board have had their say, I suppose Moy just wanted theirs.
If it was a deliberate act you would like to see the appropriate punishment dished out.

BennyHarp

Quote from: trailer on September 26, 2018, 09:20:32 AM

I think this is the crux of it. The county board won't release the video. After the antics of the Friday night before, They are engaged in a cover up. Edendork and the county board have had their say, I suppose Moy just wanted theirs.
If it was a deliberate act you would like to see the appropriate punishment dished out.

I don't really know the ins and outs of the legality of these things but is the onus on the County board to prove that the act is deliberate in order to take action in an incident that has been deemed accidental by the referee? If this the case, then it is a complete mine field. I'm afraid that, galling as it may be for the Moy and Cavanagh, we have to give the player the benefit of the doubt on this as only he knows for sure if it was deliberate or not, as proving it is virtually impossible. If we accept then that there is not absolute proof of guilt then the county board have every right not to release the video and throw the player to the lions in the media who are just waiting for the opportunity to rip him to pieces. There will be no balanced media debate on this if the video makes it into the public domain.
That was never a square ball!!

trailer

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 26, 2018, 09:30:37 AM

I don't really know the ins and outs of the legality of these things but is the onus on the County board to prove that the act is deliberate in order to take action in an incident that has been deemed accidental by the referee? If this the case, then it is a complete mine field. I'm afraid that, galling as it may be for the Moy and Cavanagh, we have to give the player the benefit of the doubt on this as only he knows for sure if it was deliberate or not, as proving it is virtually impossible. If we accept then that there is not absolute proof of guilt then the county board have every right not to release the video and throw the player to the lions in the media who are just waiting for the opportunity to rip him to pieces. There will be no balanced media debate on this if the video makes it into the public domain.

I think when any player suffers those kind of injuries, in which the Moy view a deliberate attack, I think that player should be called out. If the GAA is serious about stamping out these kinds of acts then they should be seen to take action.

GetOverTheBar

Lads, half the Moy lads on the pitch at the time don't even know the craic.

Moy have to back their man, that's all this appeal / statement is about in light of Edendork doing the same. I'd be surprised if they hadn't done this.

Nothing will come of it - agree with prior post, if it was anyone else on that pitch that day only Sean Cavanagh there wouldn't have been a word, certainly not the nonsense from people in other counties like they were paid up, in the stand at O'Neill Park that day.

The whole thing has become a nonsense.

Dee2018

Paddypowers odds for this weekends championship fixtures

Edendork 4/7 draw 7/1 Galbally 7/4

Trillick 4/6 draw 15/2 Ardboe 11/8

Omagh 4/5 draw 13/2 Killyclogher 11/8

Errigal 4/11 draw 15/2 Coalisland 11/4

Who's the value bets from those odds?

LeoMc

Quote from: trailer on September 26, 2018, 09:48:16 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 26, 2018, 09:30:37 AM

I think when any player suffers those kind of injuries, in which the Moy view a deliberate attack, I think that player should be called out. If the GAA is serious about stamping out these kinds of acts then they should be seen to take action.
So a player should be called out on someones opinion?
Anyone can just accuse anyone else publicly without reprecusions.