Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

If McCurry is out as suggested on here, then that's a huge blow. With him and D Canavan up front I would have fancied us strongly. Both Canavans only came on last night in the Sigerson so you would imagine some kind of compromise was struck between the 2 management teams in regards to their minutes played.

I still think we will grind out a win by a few points.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: square_ball on January 25, 2024, 09:55:10 AMIf McCurry is out as suggested on here, then that's a huge blow. With him and D Canavan up front I would have fancied us strongly. Both Canavans only came on last night in the Sigerson so you would imagine some kind of compromise was struck between the 2 management teams in regards to their minutes played.

I still think we will grind out a win by a few points.
Did both not start? I thought I seen Darragh Canavan come in at centre half back with number 26 on his back. Ruairi played with 13 on his back.

square_ball

In the match report in the paper this morning, Darragh came on at half time and Ruairi only came on with with 10 minutes to go.

NotedObserver

Need running pace in the side. Is it there?

Mikhailov

Quote from: square_ball on January 25, 2024, 10:32:46 AMIn the match report in the paper this morning, Darragh came on at half time and Ruairi only came on with with 10 minutes to go.

Heard there was an accident which meant diversions and delayed a few cars which had UUJ men in them, including the Errigal lads.
That may explain the late changes to the team
Darragh appears to have played well according to the paper reports and he only played 30 minutes

square_ball

Mikhailov

square_ball

2021 to 2023

Not sure giving a 34 year old the captaincy is the way to go in terms of rebuilding but can't doubt Petey's service and commitment over the last 15 years so good luck to him.

statto

Quote from: square_ball on January 25, 2024, 09:49:25 PM2021 to 2023

Not sure giving a 34 year old the captaincy is the way to go in terms of rebuilding but can't doubt Petey's service and commitment over the last 15 years so good luck to him.
Would that give the indication that they don't intend hang around after this term is up?

An Watcher

Hopefully not so we can then get a few players back

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

Not sure how they'll set them out position wise but here is my stab at the team:

Morgan
McKernan
Hampsey
Clarke
C Quinn
T Quinn
N Devlin
C Kilpatrick
B Kennedy
Burns
Harte
Oguz
T Quinn
D Canavan
S O'Donnell

If Burns isn't fit enough possibly Devlin into corner back and a reshuffle.

irishgael11

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 26, 2024, 07:35:29 AMNot sure how they'll set them out position wise but here is my stab at the team:

Morgan
McKernan
Hampsey
Clarke
C Quinn
T Quinn
N Devlin
C Kilpatrick
B Kennedy
Burns
Harte
Oguz
T Quinn
D Canavan
S O'Donnell

If Burns isn't fit enough possibly Devlin into corner back and a reshuffle.

Half back line too weak and needs a bit more experience in that to solidify it and Tiarnan Quinn should be nowhere near that team. I feel try experience in defence and youth up front to try and express themselves this weekend with McCurry being out.

1.Morgan
2.McKernan
3.Hampsey
4.Clarke
5.C Quinn
6.F Burns
7.P Harte
8.Oguz
9.B Kennedy
10.Michael O'Neill? or else swap for S ODonnell and let Oneill drop back
11.D Canavan
12. Ciaran Daly
13.R Canavan
14.C Kilpatrick
15.S O'Donnell

southtyronegael

Very inexperienced team named but will be a couple  of years transition I feel so have to start somewhere. Huge 2 points on offer.ps. Good to be back guys!

PMG1

CBS beat Magherafelt tonight to ensure another all Tyrone MacRory Cup final