Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squareball71

Quote from: An Watcher on June 25, 2023, 10:25:58 AM
Bring on Derry, the dubs can wait

Just you worry about Kerry first before thinking of who to wait for.

RedHand88

Morgan
Mckernan
McNamee
Hampsey
C Quinn
Michael o neill
Harte
Kennedy
Kilpatrick
Meyler
R Canavan
McGeary
Mccurry
Donnelly
D Canavan

square_ball

Line up as expected. Canavan x 2, McCurry and Donnelly will take a bit of marking. We've also a better midfield duo. Someone on the match thread said it could be Kerry by 12 or Tyrone by 2. Heart ruling the head maybe but I'll go with the latter.

statto

What are the general thoughts of Tyrone supporters on M'Oneill? For a lad that has played in key positions namely 6 & 11 for Tyrone he doesn't do much for me.  Can you win an AI with him at 6?  What would be the other viable alternatives?  Tyrone teams generally have excellent half back lines and have provided them with a great platform down the years, but could be their weakest line currently? 

God14

McGleenan absent from the subs (injury?) and Niall Kelly has usurped Rory Donnelly on the bench from the last day.

WT4E

Quote from: statto on June 30, 2023, 10:36:51 AM
What are the general thoughts of Tyrone supporters on M'Oneill? For a lad that has played in key positions namely 6 & 11 for Tyrone he doesn't do much for me.  Can you win an AI with him at 6?  What would be the other viable alternatives?  Tyrone teams generally have excellent half back lines and have provided them with a great platform down the years, but could be their weakest line currently?

He's been better at 6 than at 11 but I would agree hes lucky to hold on to his place. Would someone like Niall Sludden with good vision and ability to kick a point be an option?

WT4E

I have spare family tickets. 2 x Adult 2 x Juvenile.

Lower Davin if anyone interested

Fuzzman

2023 Team v Kerry
Morgan           
McKernan
McNamee
Hampsey
C Quinn
Michael o neill
Harte
Kennedy
Kilpatrick
Meyler
R Canavan
McGeary
McCurry
Donnelly
D Canavan

AI final team 2021
Morgan
McKernan
McNamee
Hampsey
Burns
Harte
McGeary
Kennedy
Kilpatrick
Meyler
Michael o'Neill
Sludden
McCurry
M.Donnelly
McKenna

Would yis say our starting 15 is stronger or weaker than 2021?
Sludden, McKenna and Burns the 3 men not starting this weekend.

I think we've better scoring forwards now although we will miss McKenna ball winning ability to create havoc and score goals.
Hopefully McGeary can get his confidence back and kick a score or two like he used to.

Are Kerry stronger this year than they were in 2021? As many have said we struggled at MF against them in 2021 but we would appear to be stronger there this year.

Dire Ear

Quote from: Taylor on June 26, 2023, 03:55:37 PM
Brendan Cawley from Kildare

What do we know about the boul Brendy............. ;)

southtyronegael

Feeling  very confident  we will  win this.

HokeyPokey

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 30, 2023, 05:20:35 PM
2023 Team v Kerry
Morgan           
McKernan
McNamee
Hampsey
C Quinn
Michael o neill
Harte
Kennedy
Kilpatrick
Meyler
R Canavan
McGeary
McCurry
Donnelly
D Canavan

AI final team 2021
Morgan
McKernan
McNamee
Hampsey
Burns
Harte
McGeary
Kennedy
Kilpatrick
Meyler
Michael o'Neill
Sludden
McCurry
M.Donnelly
McKenna

Would yis say our starting 15 is stronger or weaker than 2021?
Sludden, McKenna and Burns the 3 men not starting this weekend.

I think we've better scoring forwards now although we will miss McKenna ball winning ability to create havoc and score goals.
Hopefully McGeary can get his confidence back and kick a score or two like he used to.

Are Kerry stronger this year than they were in 2021? As many have said we struggled at MF against them in 2021 but we would appear to be stronger there this year.

I watched the 2019 and 2021 matches back. Tyrone really had the beating of Kerry up front in 2019 and let that match get away with silly frees given away and the ref giving frees for literally nothing.

McKenna was pretty much anonymous for the whole game aside from those goals in 2021. Kerry were able to handle McCurry mostly by double marking him, but the Canavans will make that a lot more difficult. Hard to know how the lay is with O'Connor there now, but I fancy our chances, especially as we should be able to control the middle and get the scores. 

CK_Redhand

Rewatched the donegal game there. I don't think any of McCurry or Canavans had that great of a game. Mattie quietly had a great game. Safe travels to anyone traveling tomorrow. Up Tyrone!

reddgnhand

End of the road for a few men after that.

Tyrone11234

harryR