Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CK_Redhand

What happened with the McCurry shot at the start of the second half that was given wide? They showed the replay a while after and maybe looked like a point but BBC commentators didn't mention it.

redzone

Quote from: GaelTheGael on April 16, 2023, 09:13:02 PM
The named half forward line of Frank Burns, Michael O'Neill and Kieran McGeary were awful, they really struggled. Burns didn't even offer his usual assurance and steady influence in the sweeper role. Oguz has to come in ahead of O'Neill or McGeary. Peter Harte also anonymous again when the game was in the melting pot. The Mattie and McKernan substitutions didn't make any sense.
In saying that Canavan was superb, Kennedy excellent, McCurry and Kilpatrick good - referee very sore on Tyrone especially in the first half to keep Monaghan in it.
Looking down the line Tyrone need to get more scores into the team if they are to make any impact on this years championship - in my opinion that has to involve 2/3 of Ruairi Canavan, Sludden and Oguz in the starting team.
Scored 1-17 today. Kind of get what you are saying but sludden and oquz aren't scoring forwards. Surely it's the defense is the problem.

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 16, 2023, 09:27:53 PM
I'd have mc gleenan  in ahead of mc Shane.

What you think about the performance of your own county ? They gave Derry a fair game imo

Scoring Zone

if you score more than 1-15 in most games you should win, particularly at home, the forwards did their job, half back and full backs not at it today. I would have been v scathing of the effort over the league, but i have abit more hope after that today - as i think it was nothing other than v poor game management and i think a small eye on derry. that said M O'N had the summer of his life in '21, he his lost at this level and mcgeary burns and harte need a massive toe in the hole as what they are churning out atm is shite - oguz after his league had to start and not leaving donnelly inside exposed him, still expect AI semi or AI final appearance through the back door

trailer

Morgan getting beat for that last goal was scandalous. Jumped up, feet out straight, landed on his arse. Terrible goalkeeping.

Morgan, McGeary, Burns and O'Neill to a lesser extent had poor games.
Kennedy, Kilpatrick, McCurry and Canavan were very good.

trailer

Quote from: CK_Redhand on April 16, 2023, 10:08:13 PM
What happened with the McCurry shot at the start of the second half that was given wide? They showed the replay a while after and maybe looked like a point but BBC commentators didn't mention it.

Looked over from where I was but the brother was behind the goals and he said it and another Monaghan point that was given weren't.

Under Lights

Quote from: trailer on April 17, 2023, 09:25:48 AM
Morgan getting beat for that last goal was scandalous. Jumped up, feet out straight, landed on his arse. Terrible goalkeeping.

Not sure he should be contesting kickouts either

Ancharraig123

Lets hope over the next few weeks in Garvaghy a few players push on and try stake a claim in the starting 15 (or is that the best we have that we seen on Sunday?) Management seem to be persisting with players they trust but a few of them haven't played well since 2021 AI final

square_ball

https://twitter.com/TyroneGAABlog/status/1647694275956682752?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Based on the tweet above we will be playing in all likelihood one of Dublin/Kerry/Derry/Galway first up so I can't see there being too many changes to be honest. You'd think one or two from Burns/O'Neill/McGeary will drop out. Throw McGleenan maybe.

NotedObserver

Quote from: square_ball on April 18, 2023, 10:47:37 AM
https://twitter.com/TyroneGAABlog/status/1647694275956682752?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Based on the tweet above we will be playing in all likelihood one of Dublin/Kerry/Derry/Galway first up so I can't see there being too many changes to be honest. You'd think one or two from Burns/O'Neill/McGeary will drop out. Throw McGleenan maybe.

McGeary must be showing a bit in training as his confidence looks totally shot. Burns I thought has been playing okay but he used to be good for a score but that also looks like a confidence thing as well. M ONeill do a man marking job maybe but need to have going the other way

trailer

Quote from: Under Lights on April 18, 2023, 06:27:29 AM
Quote from: trailer on April 17, 2023, 09:25:48 AM

Not sure he should be contesting kickouts either

Not when he had a chance to catch but broke them and we lost possession. His confidence far exceeds his ability.

southtyronegael

Our full forward  line on Sunday kicked 1-13. Our half forward  line, zero. This will  have to be sorted before  the next game .

NotedObserver

A player ala tiernan McCann with pace would be useful coming from deep. Surely someone about?

CK_Redhand

Quote from: NotedObserver on April 18, 2023, 10:08:30 PM
A player ala tiernan McCann with pace would be useful coming from deep. Surely someone about?
Our players who were doing this seem to be past their best at this stage.
I think Cormac Quinn got a couple of nice scores in the league. McKernan was also good at breaking through the lines and winning a free or shooting (with mixed results). Both "corner backs" , by the number on their shirt anyway.
I haven't seen enough of Niall Devlin... is he much of an attacking threat?

WT4E

We're going to draw Louth in the round Robin.... aren't we?

We all know what happens then. STG be hiding.