James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Milltown Row2 doesn't like James McClean...there said it ;D. Now move on ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on November 09, 2015, 09:37:50 AM
Milltown Row2 doesn't like James McClean...there said it ;D. Now move on ;)

::) ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Denn Forever

The Ulster Rugby Team didn't have a Poppy on their jerseys this weekend.  See what he's started.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Walter Cronc

Noticed that. I wonder will there be a loyalist picket outside Ravenhill now.

Neil Doak was wearing one.

Rossfan

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 09, 2015, 10:39:29 AM
The Ulster Rugby Team didn't have a Poppy on their jerseys this weekend. 
Proper order.
Should be a matter of choice for individuals not an enforced thing.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 09, 2015, 10:59:59 AM
Noticed that. I wonder will there be a loyalist picket outside Ravenhill now.

Neil Doak was wearing one.

That crowd of fifth columnists have been at it for ages: Standing to Irish anthem in Dublin, players going to each other's weddings (and hence attending papist services), playing games on a Sunday, Tommy Bowe is not even from OWC!

Their supposed cosmopolitanism is purely a front to undermine Ulster Britishness and Protestantism.

They are never to be held up as an example.  Shame!

/Jim.

Orior

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 09, 2015, 10:39:29 AM
The Ulster Rugby Team didn't have a Poppy on their jerseys this weekend.  See what he's started.

I bet that will change next year, even if they are not playing on Sunday or 11th.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

Quote from: stew on November 09, 2015, 01:37:17 AM
Quote from: ashman on November 08, 2015, 10:29:48 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on November 08, 2015, 09:46:46 PM
QuoteWould you agree it would have been the same in any stadium? No anti Irish think you are making that bit up, huge generalization.

I agree that it would happen in any stadium ... in England.  I also think that if it was an Italian or French or a player from any other nationality other than Ireland who would not wear the poppy, there'd be no more said about it, it would be a non-story.  There's an ongoing campaign against James McClean who is obviously proud to be Irish and wants no part in their jingoistic rituals relating to centuries of war-mongering around the globe, if he was anything other than Irish, there'd be no mention of it ... in  my opinion.

There is little or nothing about mcclean in the uk media.  He got a bit of abuse the last few weekend but most don't give a fiddlers fcuk . 

I fully support McClean on the poppy but last weekend he had two tweets gloating the Sunderland and Rangers got beat drawing ire of loons.

So what? He is entitled to gloat like any other football fan!

Stew, what would be the reaction in the US, if McClean played for a US sports team and refused to face the flag for the National Anthem? Or if he ignored and publicly criticised any veterans ceremony?
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on November 09, 2015, 02:01:55 PM
Quote from: stew on November 09, 2015, 01:37:17 AM
Quote from: ashman on November 08, 2015, 10:29:48 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on November 08, 2015, 09:46:46 PM
QuoteWould you agree it would have been the same in any stadium? No anti Irish think you are making that bit up, huge generalization.

I agree that it would happen in any stadium ... in England.  I also think that if it was an Italian or French or a player from any other nationality other than Ireland who would not wear the poppy, there'd be no more said about it, it would be a non-story.  There's an ongoing campaign against James McClean who is obviously proud to be Irish and wants no part in their jingoistic rituals relating to centuries of war-mongering around the globe, if he was anything other than Irish, there'd be no mention of it ... in  my opinion.

There is little or nothing about mcclean in the uk media.  He got a bit of abuse the last few weekend but most don't give a fiddlers fcuk . 

I fully support McClean on the poppy but last weekend he had two tweets gloating the Sunderland and Rangers got beat drawing ire of loons.

So what? He is entitled to gloat like any other football fan!

Stew, what would be the reaction in the US, if McClean played for a US sports team and refused to face the flag for the National Anthem? Or if he ignored and publicly criticised any veterans ceremony?

A Muslim basketball player already did this a couple of years ago, people did no like it but after a day or two they moved on, in fairness he did not criticize the veterans.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

ashman

He got away with a pretty bad lunge a few weeks ago v Spurs.

The next time he was going to be punished .

Puckoon

He'd have been punished for this one regardless. Was a leg breaker for sure.

amanda

Don't know a great deal about football but that tatcle was really bad.

BennyCake

Gregory Campbell takes a swipe at McClean.

It's Groundhog Day again.