James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 07, 2015, 07:44:50 PM

Genuinely confused as to the source of your animosity towards the lad.

As an aside, although in theory noone is forced to wear the poppy, the emotional blackmail and public outcry when someone declines means it takes considerable backbone to exercise your free will.

I said he courts controversy... I don't know the lad personally and neither do you... I said fair fucks to him so again I still don't know what I've done to make it that ive ill feeling towards him... Soccer players' generally don't have any backbone in my view... The diving and gurnning they do on the pitch is awful
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

As an aside, although in theory noone is forced to wear the poppy, the emotional blackmail and public outcry when someone declines means it takes considerable backbone to exercise your free will.

+1

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on November 07, 2015, 08:02:47 PM

+1

Emotionally weak would be a better description ... If you feel forced then that's wrong... I doubt any of the players were put into that position they are wearing it cause they want to... Absolutely no story here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DuffleKing

You seem like a decent sort but the logic, presumption and opinions you piece together in this thread make no sense

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2015, 08:08:25 PM

+1

Emotionally weak would be a better description ... If you feel forced then that's wrong... I doubt any of the players were put into that position they are wearing it cause they want to... Absolutely no story here

You can't speak for every footballer in the PL.

BennyCake

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 07, 2015, 08:11:58 PM

You seem like a decent sort but the logic, presumption and opinions you piece together in this thread make no sense

It's not just me then.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on November 07, 2015, 08:19:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2015, 08:08:25 PM

+1

You can't speak for every footballer in the PL.

Neither can you.... Look back on your posts

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 07, 2015, 08:11:58 PM

Lets agree to disagree then... Your view is what it is

rrhf

Is it not time for the irish govn to challenge the racism.. fascism. Whatever.. im saying that and have no  problem with poppy wearing among friends etc.

HiMucker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2015, 07:21:38 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on November 07, 2015, 07:09:35 PM

MR2 - concisely, what's your issue with McClean not wearing a poppy?

Nothing fair f**ks to him, is that concisely enough?? But this crap that people are being made to wear one is utter bullshit... Its 2015 not the 1800's ...As for Mcclean in general he courts controversy but I cant knock him for standing up for his belief's..

We all in life do things that we don't want to do he's chosen to do his in the public eye..... Be alright though all he needs to do is buy another wheelchair or give someone a nice Xmas gift...
Your wrong about that milltown.  Thomas Niblock was taken off air by the bbc for a while for not wearing one.  Plenty of other examples.  The pundits would all be told to wear one.  Plenty of noble English men have given off about poppy facism (perfect term) that has been in overdrive for some years now

clarshack

Quote from: rrhf on November 07, 2015, 09:15:47 PM
Is it not time for the irish govn to challenge the racism.. fascism. Whatever.. im saying that and have no  problem with poppy wearing among friends etc.

Yes, i'm sick of this nonsense every year. Somebody needs to intervene and put this sh*t to bed once and for all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HiMucker on November 07, 2015, 09:24:40 PM

Nothing fair f**ks to him, is that concisely enough?? But this crap that people are being made to wear one is utter bullshit... Its 2015 not the 1800's ...As for Mcclean in general he courts controversy but I cant knock him for standing up for his belief's..

We all in life do things that we don't want to do he's chosen to do his in the public eye..... Be alright though all he needs to do is buy another wheelchair or give someone a nice Xmas gift...
Your wrong about that milltown.  Thomas Niblock was taken off air by the bbc for a while for not wearing one.  Plenty of other examples.  The pundits would all be told to wear one.  Plenty of noble English men have given off about poppy facism (perfect term) that has been in overdrive for some years now

Did he lose his job?? Did they stop his wages?? Is he still working for the BBC? Some people have little to worry about... Do you get annoyed at flegs ??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on November 07, 2015, 09:24:56 PM
Quote from: rrhf on November 07, 2015, 09:15:47 PM

Yes, i'm sick of this nonsense every year. Somebody needs to intervene and put this sh*t to bed once and for all.

Is this a serious post??

Rossfan

I notice Mr Sidebottom doesn't sport one.
Good on you boy.
I presume it's now a voluntary thing in BBC 6 Cos and UTV.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 07, 2015, 09:49:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2015, 09:41:37 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on November 07, 2015, 09:24:40 PM

Did he lose his job?? Did they stop his wages?? Is he still working for the BBC? Some people have little to worry about... Do you get annoyed at flegs ??
You've lost it if you see no issue with that, Milltown. An employer stops a man from doing his job because he won't wear a poppy and you can't see an issue? "He's still getting paid" is the biggest cop out shite I've ever heard.

Btw, I've no real issue with flags but I'm not being made to fly one.

My point is he's still there... He obviously loves his job and hasn't thought it a big enough reason to kick up a fuss....

This poppy issue comes up every year by the usual suspects with the same comments... Me personally wouldn't wear one but wouldn't bat a eye lid at anyone who does because to me I'm able to accept other people's views... Whether they are right or not is neither here or there I'llgive my view on it and move on..... There are far bigger issues in life to worry about... We cant have it all our own way if we want people to be tolerant of our views the we need to do the same