Drugs in UK sports....

Started by muppet, June 09, 2015, 01:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Whatever about doping, I really enjoyed that.

Bolt still the man for the big occasion.
MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

Quote from: muppet on August 23, 2015, 02:42:00 PM
Whatever about doping, I really enjoyed that.

Bolt still the man for the big occasion.

Gatlin made a balls of it. Dipped way too early.

Franko

Quote from: muppet on August 23, 2015, 01:35:16 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on August 22, 2015, 11:05:44 PM
Quote from: Franko on August 22, 2015, 01:01:18 PM
https://jugginsrambling.wordpress.com/2015/08/20/hello-world/

I liked this bit:

The case of Usain Bolt serves as a particularly useful example when it comes to highlighting the extraordinary putridity of the bullshit we are expected to swallow. A quick examination of the 20 fastest 100m times ever recorded, for instance, reveals some interesting truths. Bolt himself has run the fastest three times in history. The only other athletes to make this elite list are: Tyson Gay – convicted doper, Justin Gatlin – twice-convicted and unrepentant doper, Asafa Powell – doper, and Bolt's very own training partner Yohan Blake – clean (really? No, of course not, he's served a doping ban as well).

Are we to believe that Bolt has run considerably faster than all of these men, fuelled only by his favoured diet of chicken nuggets? When you consider the other high-profile Jamaican athletes, such as Veronica Campbell Brown and Sherone Simpson, who have fallen foul of doping rules, coupled with the historically lax approach of Jamaican officials to anti-doping, it all starts to look rather ominous. Is Bolt really the only high-profile Jamaican not to succumb to doping? The fastest man in the history of humankind, who trains with dopers, races against known dopers and has been linked with a notorious Mexican chemist. Surely not!

Another way to look at that, is that the testers have caught the owners of 17 of the fastest 20 100m times in history. Bolt owns the other 3. If avoiding being caught is so easy, why have the others all failed tests, and Bolt hasn't?

The answer to your question was (more than) alluded to in the second paragraph...

muppet

Quote from: Franko on August 24, 2015, 10:39:43 AM

I liked this bit:

The case of Usain Bolt serves as a particularly useful example when it comes to highlighting the extraordinary putridity of the bullshit we are expected to swallow. A quick examination of the 20 fastest 100m times ever recorded, for instance, reveals some interesting truths. Bolt himself has run the fastest three times in history. The only other athletes to make this elite list are: Tyson Gay – convicted doper, Justin Gatlin – twice-convicted and unrepentant doper, Asafa Powell – doper, and Bolt's very own training partner Yohan Blake – clean (really? No, of course not, he's served a doping ban as well).

Are we to believe that Bolt has run considerably faster than all of these men, fuelled only by his favoured diet of chicken nuggets? When you consider the other high-profile Jamaican athletes, such as Veronica Campbell Brown and Sherone Simpson, who have fallen foul of doping rules, coupled with the historically lax approach of Jamaican officials to anti-doping, it all starts to look rather ominous. Is Bolt really the only high-profile Jamaican not to succumb to doping? The fastest man in the history of humankind, who trains with dopers, races against known dopers and has been linked with a notorious Mexican chemist. Surely not!

Another way to look at that, is that the testers have caught the owners of 17 of the fastest 20 100m times in history. Bolt owns the other 3. If avoiding being caught is so easy, why have the others all failed tests, and Bolt hasn't?

The answer to your question was (more than) alluded to in the second paragraph...

Nope.

I'll put it another way. If Jamaicans have it so easy with the testers, why have they all been caught, but Bolt hasn't?

This would be like all of Armstrong's team mates getting suspended while he was winning the TDF.
MWWSI 2017

yellowcard

Quote from: INDIANA on August 23, 2015, 04:27:43 PM
http://deadspin.com/5857439/what-do-usain-bolt-and-juan-manuel-marquez-have-in-common-they-train-with-the-same-admitted-steroids-dealer

The more I read about Bolt the less convinced I am that he is actually clean. Logic would dictate that it is not possible to do what he is doing unless he is doping and although I wouldn't condemn him with certainty as a doper, I would think on the balance of probablity that he probably is.

The fawning BBC coverage over the likes of Farah and seeing the likes of Radcliffe in commentary is part of the problem. Media, authorities and sports companies indulging and protecting these athletes, they just don't want to know as they are all part of the gravy train.

Franko

Quote from: muppet on August 24, 2015, 10:56:46 AM

I liked this bit:

Nope.

I'll put it another way. If Jamaicans have it so easy with the testers, why have they all been caught, but Bolt hasn't?

This would be like all of Armstrong's team mates getting suspended while he was winning the TDF.

OK, I'll state it in plain English.  Bolt has been caught, but like the banks a few years back, he's 'too big to fail' so they've been covered up to keep the legend alive.  The other Jamaicans can afford to be thrown under the bus.  If Bolt goes down, every result in athletics will be viewed through the same tainted lens as cycling results are now.

muppet

Quote from: Franko on August 24, 2015, 11:03:55 AM
Quote from: muppet on August 24, 2015, 10:56:46 AM

I liked this bit:

Nope.

OK, I'll state it in plain English.  Bolt has been caught, but like the banks a few years back, he's 'too big to fail' so they've been covered up to keep the legend alive.  The other Jamaicans can afford to be thrown under the bus.  If Bolt goes down, every result in athletics will be viewed through the same tainted lens as cycling results are now.

Really?

When and with what?
MWWSI 2017

JimStynes

Do you think he is clean because he hasn't failed a test muppet?

brokencrossbar1

There is a lot of suspicion that that is really the case with Bolt,  that he is not clean but for the sake of the sport he needs to be kept up there.  If it is the case I wonder why the likes of Gaitlin and the American Athletics body have not been pushing the agenda behind the scenes?  He is a freak of nature and was running unreal times his whole career,  it does happen some times.  I wonder would he voluntarily publish all his test results?

muppet

Quote from: JimStynes on August 24, 2015, 11:17:15 AM

I don't know whether he is clean or not.

But Franko said 'he has been caught'. It that is true then he isn't clean. If that isn't true, then why make it up? Unlike Armstrong, Smith, Ben Johnson etc, Bolt looked like a dominant world champion from a very early age. That is why he will take a little more convincing for me than the others.

I was convinced Armstrong was on the juice all along. I am also convinced Indurain was as well. This despite the fact that Indurain never failed a test.

The lads who got joint 3rd yesterday were both 20 years of age. They are the next champions. Are they juicing as well? If Bolt and those two young lads are juiced, then athletics is completely screwed.

MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

Are there any details on this Franko? If he were caught and it got out then it would be massive. I find it hard to believe you would know and the mainstream media wouldn't find out....

I would have strong suspicions mind you. As has been stated he mingles in certain circles. So does Farah - and that's not Salazar.

Gatlin should have beat him yesterday though. He lost that race by doing whatever the hell he was doing with about 6 or 7 strides to go.

Dinny Breen

Probably not a good time to mention one of Bolt's coaches is Angel Hernandez   :'(
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 24, 2015, 12:44:42 PM
Probably not a good time to mention one of Bolt's coaches is Angel Hernandez   :'(

This was discussed a bit earlier in the thread.

It is obviously not smart from Bolt, if he is clean.

But Hernandez was appointed after 2009. Bolt had already made it by then. But I agree, at the very least, the optics are terrible.
MWWSI 2017

Franko

Quote from: muppet on August 24, 2015, 11:51:21 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on August 24, 2015, 11:17:15 AM

I don't know whether he is clean or not.

But Franko said 'he has been caught'. It that is true then he isn't clean. If that isn't true, then why make it up? Unlike Armstrong, Smith, Ben Johnson etc, Bolt looked like a dominant world champion from a very early age. That is why he will take a little more convincing for me than the others.

I was convinced Armstrong was on the juice all along. I am also convinced Indurain was as well. This despite the fact that Indurain never failed a test.

The lads who got joint 3rd yesterday were both 20 years of age. They are the next champions. Are they juicing as well? If Bolt and those two young lads are juiced, then athletics is completely screwed.

I didn't state it.  I paraphrased what that article clearly alluded to.  Obviously I don't know when and with what.  But I am looking at a substantial body of (circumstantial) evidence and drawing my own conclusions.

You stated that you were convinced that Armstrong was juicing 'all along'.  I take it you knew 'when and 'with what' in order to be convinced.  Or were you looking at the evidence and drawing conclusions?  ::)