2021 Masters

Started by Boycey, April 05, 2021, 06:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: thebigfella on April 06, 2021, 03:10:12 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 06, 2021, 02:16:53 PM
The McIlroy fanboys getting tetchy and he hasn't even bottled this one yet!

I see your now a golf expert. No end to your talents.

Oh I'm no golf expert.

You don't really need to be an expert to tell that McIlroy is a busted flush who made some hay in a post Tiger weak era and then slid off to oblivion when a more talented generation emerged.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on April 06, 2021, 03:18:39 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on April 06, 2021, 03:10:12 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 06, 2021, 02:16:53 PM
The McIlroy fanboys getting tetchy and he hasn't even bottled this one yet!

I see your now a golf expert. No end to your talents.

Oh I'm no golf expert.

You don't really need to be an expert to tell that McIlroy is a busted flush who made some hay in a post Tiger weak era and then slid off to oblivion when a more talented generation emerged.

Is that 2019 pga player of the year McIlroy? Hardly a busted flush. For once you are right, you are no expert; Rorys peers seem to think differently too.

NAG1

People are now probably only appreciating what Tiger did during his era.

No doubt it has got even more competitive since then, when you look at the likes of Speith who looked like he was going to dominate and has faded only to return.

It will be tough for McIlroy to reach those heights again but I wouldnt be writing him off just yet.

yellowcard

Quote from: screenexile on April 06, 2021, 03:05:45 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 05, 2021, 09:14:50 PM
It's probably the easiest major to predict in terms of rarely producing a real long shot as winner.

I think Spieth is the man to beat this week, but most of the usual suspects will contend like Johnson, Thomas, Rahm and Dechambeau. Hopefully McIlroy and Lowry will contend and whilst the course should suit McIlroy and he has the ability, doubts still persist on his mental strength if he gets into contention.

It's not this year especially with the struggles he's going through. It would be absolutely ridiculous if he was able to pull off a win at Augusta the way he's been playing.

The bookies are taking the absolute piss with his odds he's nowhere near that he should be 50/1 minimum!

The market will decide his price so why should he be 50/1. He is a 4 time major winner with a good record around Augusta, there are more fancied players this week but McIlroy still has the raw ability to catch fire in any given week but his biggest enemy is his own mindset.

Boycey

No par 3 competition tonight, it was always an enjoyable piece of nonsense to whet the appetite. I also read this morning that they letting something like 12k fans a day in which should create a nice bit of atmosphere...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on April 07, 2021, 11:16:36 AM
No par 3 competition tonight, it was always an enjoyable piece of nonsense to whet the appetite. I also read this morning that they letting something like 12k fans a day in which should create a nice bit of atmosphere...

The fecking drunkards that shout USA USA USA
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2021, 11:50:46 AM

Yep I even miss them although Augusta hardly rank up there with say a NY US Open course for boorish behaviour....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on April 07, 2021, 11:58:35 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2021, 11:50:46 AM

Yep I even miss them although Augusta hardly rank up there with say a NY US Open course for boorish behaviour....

They gave some stick to the European lads, Monty usually got the most
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

John Egans left boot

Fans would be great around the 12th and 16th especially

Can I just say watched the press previews yesterday DJ might come across as a little reserved etc but his clubs do the talking.On the other hand Rory is once again spouting some bollocks, round Tigers hanging out etc.

He do well to get on the green stuff and up his game. Probably too early in what hes now changing in his game to make a decent impression this week. Also as I have said before on the Main golf page, hes far to inconsistent over 4 rounds currently.

Shane Lowry short game again struggling at the minute and cant have that around Augusta.

For anyone looking a very outside bet the Scottish fella, lefty, Robert Mac Intyre Swings it beautifully. I think hes a rookie round this course so maybe far too early but how knows, top 10 finish bet maybe.

Louther

Best golf tournament by far. Looking forward to it.

The Masters always throws up a few curve balls among the favourites. No one seen Sergio or Tiger coming in recent times.

Would like to see Rory have a good start and put himself in contention. Golf standard so high nowadays, I doubt we see an era of dominance like Tiger had. Few years back it was Speith, Rory, Brooks and others all set for a prolonged spell but they haven't been near Tigers level.

Never minded the Masters group compared to some of the other tournaments in the US. They always seemed more fair and kinda constrained.

trileacman

You'd struggle to name a more successful golfer in the post tiger era (if there even is such a thing) than Mc ilroy. Who else is up there? Speith, anyone else?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

John Egans left boot

Quote from: trileacman on April 07, 2021, 12:48:59 PM
You'd struggle to name a more successful golfer in the post tiger era (if there even is such a thing) than Mc ilroy. Who else is up there? Speith, anyone else?

Maybe only Brooks ??

screenexile

Quote from: trileacman on April 07, 2021, 12:48:59 PM

Koepka probably . . . we all know this but sometimes people just don't like to see certain others succeed!

trileacman

Your right brooks is really the only comparable player in terms of success.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Louther

In Major wins McIlroy and Brooks be level, Speith one behind.

Overall PGA wins, it's McIlroy, Speith and Brooks. Didn't he play a lot on European tour?